• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Enric Mas Rising Star

Page 4 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Yeah I actually think quick step is pretty much the perfect team for him at this point of his career. He'll have freedom in almost all races he'll enter while having many young teammates at a similar point of their career who will develop together with him. I can't really see a better wt team for him right now

Aug 6, 2015
Visit site
Gigs_98 said:
Yeah I actually think quick step is pretty much the perfect team for him at this point of his career. He'll have freedom in almost all races he'll enter while having many young teammates at a similar point of their career who will develop together with him. I can't really see a better wt team for him right now
but I really don't see quick step as a good team to develop stage racers. I still think he should move to a team like katusha or sunweb. quickstep is too focused in classicomanos and sprinters. For me, the best example is bob jungels, I think if he dropped 2/3 kilos without losing power (increasing his w/kg), he could do top3 in the giro.

portugal11 said:
Gigs_98 said:
but I really don't see quick step as a good team to develop stage racers. I still think he should move to a team like katusha or sunweb. quickstep is too focused in classicomanos and sprinters. For me, the best example is bob jungels, I think if he dropped 2/3 kilos without losing power (increasing his w/kg), he could do top3 in the giro.

This. Last thing he needs to be doing is leading out sprinters, like they did with Verona.

perico said:
portugal11 said:
Gigs_98 said:

This. Last thing he needs to be doing is leading out sprinters, like they did with Verona.
I'm a big fan of Verona but I think Enric is way more talented. Quickstep should see this as well.

LaFlorecita said:
perico said:
portugal11 said:
Gigs_98 said:

I'm a big fan of Verona but I think Enric is way more talented. Quickstep should see this as well.

I think Mas is way more talented too, but I think Verona’s growth was stunted at QS.

Like leading out a sprinter now and then stunts your carreer. Verona was still given opportunities in hilly and mountaineous stages, but he didn't take them. No wins, very modest results also the past two years at Orica. I'm afraid he just doesn't have enough talent (and/or character). Happens to many 'future stars', alas.