• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Enric Mas Rising Star

Page 5 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
SafeBet said:
LaFlorecita said:
Not the best TT performance today, but with a good showing on the final stage he can still comfortably finish inside the top-10.
Is he a better TTer normally? I'm asking cause I haven't followed him much in the past.
We don't really have any reference, but he finished among the poorest TTers of the GC guys. After his poor TT in Abu Dhabi Tour he appeared quite disappointed and seemed like he had expected better, which makes me think he can do better. I think around Bilbao, Gorka Izagirre would have been good. But in the end the gaps between the lightweight GC guys weren't that big, all finished within 30s of each other more or less.

Re:

SafeBet said:
I feel like he still has a shot at the top10. perhaps evene something more. Tomorrow the race could explode early, and I'm pretty sure Mas will have the chance to ride for himself.
He dropped only 1 spot, but the gaps have grown a lot. I hope he will be allowed to ride for himself, in that case I could see him move up to 9th/10th and hopefully the QS DS will see it was a mistake to make him wait today.

cc2311422e4ce75f7e62c82468728261o.png

Re:

LaFlorecita said:
What was the GPS gap at the start of the climb? 20 or so seconds? And it went back to maybe 10-15 after a few 100m before Enric attacked. His climbing time was so fast, I'm guessing only slower than Landa.

Landa only closed in the last KM or so of the climb. Having been in the break all day makes his win even more impressive- to be able to hold the gap vs Landa and Nairo.

Gigs_98 said:
I honestly think that win was about as impressive as soler's win in paris nice. Ofc winning the gc of a wt race is on a completely different level of prestige but today's win was mightily impressive
Noot sure.

Soler couldn't have pulled this, I agree

Mas couldn't have pulled the PN raid.

But this is a very impressive performance on a steep climb vs the likes of Quintana and Landa.

Re: Re:

Gigs_98 said:
LaFlorecita said:
Red Rick said:
Anyway, I was disappointed by his early season, but now he's won me back over.

He's going for GC in the Vuelta I heard? What's inbetween?
I'm guessing he'll go for Burgos again.. Maybe Dauphiné or Suisse in between? QS don't have that many options for GC
Suisse makes more sense I think. Maybe he'll go to Austria :D

Possibly Suisse, although Movistar has already announced they are sending all 3 of their top riders there and sending Soler to lead the team at the Dauphine.