• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Enric Mas Rising Star

Page 6 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

Koronin said:
Gigs_98 said:
LaFlorecita said:
Red Rick said:
Anyway, I was disappointed by his early season, but now he's won me back over.

He's going for GC in the Vuelta I heard? What's inbetween?
I'm guessing he'll go for Burgos again.. Maybe Dauphiné or Suisse in between? QS don't have that many options for GC
Suisse makes more sense I think. Maybe he'll go to Austria :D

Possibly Suisse, although Movistar has already announced they are sending all 3 of their top riders there and sending Soler to lead the team at the Dauphine.
What has that got to do with Mas :confused:

LaFlorecita said:
Koronin said:
Gigs_98 said:
LaFlorecita said:
Red Rick said:
Anyway, I was disappointed by his early season, but now he's won me back over.

He's going for GC in the Vuelta I heard? What's inbetween?
I'm guessing he'll go for Burgos again.. Maybe Dauphiné or Suisse in between? QS don't have that many options for GC
Suisse makes more sense I think. Maybe he'll go to Austria :D

Possibly Suisse, although Movistar has already announced they are sending all 3 of their top riders there and sending Soler to lead the team at the Dauphine.
What has that got to do with Mas :confused:

It's going to depend on which top riders they want Mas to go up against in which race.

perico said:
LaFlorecita said:
Very frustrating to see Enric lose his youth jersey and chance at a top-10 finish due to Quickstep's dumb tactics. :mad:
Would have been 9th after today's stage.
And this is why I’m not a fan of his remaining at QS, although I do like Lefevre. Sometimes you have to let the potential rise.

He should 100% be happy to ride with Quickstep: it’s a team with a winning mentality and it’s a team that will let him ride for himself reasonably often.

Zinoviev Letter said:
perico said:
LaFlorecita said:
Very frustrating to see Enric lose his youth jersey and chance at a top-10 finish due to Quickstep's dumb tactics. :mad:
Would have been 9th after today's stage.
And this is why I’m not a fan of his remaining at QS, although I do like Lefevre. Sometimes you have to let the potential rise.

He should 100% be happy to ride with Quickstep: it’s a team with a winning mentality and it’s a team that will let him ride for himself reasonably often.

At least for now I agree his best option is to stay where he's at and learn. He'll have plenty of opportunities to ride for himself in stage races. It's not like QS has that many GC riders, so he'll get his opportunities.

Great result, great performance. That final punch was impressive and unexpected but I have to wonder what could have happened if he had made the first move. Still it was very encouraging to see him so comfortable throughout the climb, he looked really strong.
He can deliver a decent TT but I haven't looked at the profile yet. It may be a bit long for him if it's not that hilly. If he takes some time on Friday he can definitely finish top-5 overall though.

Cinemaniak said:
Akuryo said:
perico said:
He should ride for the win. He’s got the talent.

But not the team. Qs cant defend a jersey in the mountains. Or do you expect Serry, Knox and Capecchi to suddenly control the peloton when the road goes up?
Alaphilippe, Vakoc, De Plus, Devenyns and Jungles are pretty good climbers, right?

Alaphilippe is a puncheur, not a climber, Vakoc, De Plus and Devenyns were all pretty much injured nonstop this year and Jungels is the captain for the Tour. :eek:

Akuryo said:
Cinemaniak said:
Akuryo said:
perico said:

But not the team. Qs cant defend a jersey in the mountains. Or do you expect Serry, Knox and Capecchi to suddenly control the peloton when the road goes up?
Alaphilippe, Vakoc, De Plus, Devenyns and Jungles are pretty good climbers, right?

Alaphilippe is a puncheur, not a climber, Vakoc, De Plus and Devenyns were all pretty much injured nonstop this year and Jungels is the captain for the Tour. :eek:

I don't see why Jungels couldn't also ride the Vuelta and help Mas.

cellardoor said:
Akuryo said:
Cinemaniak said:
Akuryo said:
perico said:

I don't see why Jungels couldn't also ride the Vuelta and help Mas.

Still, that is only one reliable helper. You may not need a strong team to finish top 5 but for a win/podium, a great team is almost always necessary. And as much as I like Quickstep, mountain support is not their strong suit.

I feared that after the good June he had, QS might take him to the Tour. Glad it didn't happen, cause this way he can go full ham on the Vuelta! But what will the team look like besides Mas? I expect something like Hodeg, Jakobsen, Serry, Devenyns, Capecchi and maybe De Plus, if his recovery goes along as nicely as it did so far. Last spot could be Keisse as a road captain, since he will miss the Tour. That would be a fairly balanced team with 2 neo pro sprinters, but also lots of experience and decent support for Enric! I know, the Tour hasn't even started and here I am speculating about a Vuelta squad but I am really excited for Mas.