• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Error: 502 Bad Gateway

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

RedheadDane said:
sir fly said:
RedheadDane said:
When it happens to me I can't access from my mobile either.

I'm still blaming Fuglsang and Alaphilippe! It all started during Strade...
It's Quintana, RhD!
The moment he attacked I wrote a comment and started experiencing the same problem

Well, he didn't attack during Strade, did he?
Hmmm...You're right, RhD, you're right.
Seems like they're working in collusion.

We'll have to interrogate them.

Re:

Lequack said:
Why is noone looking into this?

People are. This isn't something we as admin can look into, we can only feed it back to the people who run the site, which we are doing. The other issue is that it's not always a consistent error. Since we were told that some work had been done on the site I've had no issues (I had one but it was my connection dropping) related to the site and I think the other admin/mods are the same. Servers can time-out for a number of reasons, not all are the fault of the servers hosting CN, so it's hard to track errors that aren't occurring for everyone.

Re: Re:

King Boonen said:
Lequack said:
Why is noone looking into this?

People are. This isn't something we as admin can look into, we can only feed it back to the people who run the site, which we are doing. The other issue is that it's not always a consistent error. Since we were told that some work had been done on the site I've had no issues (I had one but it was my connection dropping) related to the site and I think the other admin/mods are the same. Servers can time-out for a number of reasons, not all are the fault of the servers hosting CN, so it's hard to track errors that aren't occurring for everyone.

Well I can provide this debugging clue. It started happening after they fixed the 502 error.

Re: I can access about 6 or 7 pages on the

SafeBet said:
What generally happens to me is I manage to browse a few pages before the server times out (often when I try to post or quote other users), then for an hour or so I can't reach the forum.

I can access about 6 or 7 pages on the Professional Cycling thread then I get Time out/Can't reach message. It's very frustrating even came back later after closing Browser, one time I got a couple of pages, next time just Time out/Can't reach message. So I came here today before I Can't get back to read Threads.

Re:

King Boonen said:
Of you are using an ad blocker that is very likely the issue. Try adding cyclingnews as an exception.

I've tried with ad blocking disabled but as I can not even access the index page I don't think that's the problem. It seems more like a limitation put on how often (during a time period), I try to access the index page.

I've literally had 2 tabs open on Firefox - one with VPN connected to the forum and one unable to connect to the forum by my "normal" IP server.

I think there is an intermittent internet routing problem to the server
not a server going down or any forum rules being imposed.

I say this because just now when my home connection timed-out for over 5 mins
I tried proxying through my institutional network and it fixed the problem - while the
non-proxy connection continued to fail.

TRENDING THREADS