• We're giving away a Cyclingnews water bottle! Find out more here!

Error: 502 Bad Gateway

Page 4 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Well I'm on the VPN again - I was logged in, reading posts and KABOOM! Connection is cut - WTF? Timed out on my IP or a tracking cookie when I logged in? This is starting to get tiring.

Well I'm testing about something that's not Windows OS to see what happens.

Edit - update - well, either someone has fixed the connection problem or it's not a problem that effects Linux. Time will tell! :)

May 21, 2010
I have the same problem - can read a few threads until it times out. When I then switch to a VPN it works until pages stop loading again, and usually it takes an hour or so until I can access the forum again. Happens on different devices and networks.

Re:

Armchair cyclist said:
I've just had the best session on this site for 3 weeks: must have opened about 12 pages for catch-up reading without a time out message.

Dare one hope that it is solved?
I thought it had yesterday when I was using Linux but even that failed, and I needed a VPN to contact the forum again. Today should see some more posters on the forum then usual so keep your fingers crossed!

I seem to be able to do 2 or 3 page turns on a forum topic before it times out. I hope it can be fixed. I have pretty much given up using the forum as I know it will fail.

What is ironic is I never had any of those problems as long as I am signed in since I started this thread, though I'm probably on here far less than everyone else. The only thing that has been happening is around 1-3 am PST I can never load anything and if I'm typing a comment and have to go back to work it times out.

May 23, 2015
There is no progress, no communication, no apologies, nothing. We have been forgotten. It's time to abandon ship. Is there any other active forums left, or has everyone already moved into newer, "better", social media platforms?

Googolplex said:
There is no progress, no communication, no apologies, nothing. We have been forgotten. It's time to abandon ship. Is there any other active forums left, or has everyone already moved into newer, "better", social media platforms?
Will chase this up today and see what the situation is, it’s been ok for me since the original problems, but it did take me an hour to log on the other day so there are obviously still some issues they need to sort out.

Still needing a VPN as the connection gets severed. Somebody has changed something so for [bleeping] [bleeping] [bleep] sake ..... ARGH! If the powers that be are n't interested, say so and pull the plug on the damn thing. It's not helping CN's reputation.

It may be an irony. but this is one of various pages on this Forum that won't open for me because of the Error 502 problem if I don't actually log on. if I do log on, all is well. Surely that's not intentional - the pages should open for everyone whether logged on or not (but you can't post, of course, if not logged on). They used to all open, back in the days.

May 23, 2015
Ridiculous. The connection that usually works stops working at all when the traffic supposedly gets higher, while this connection usually gets to the main page but always gets lots of 502s.

Aug 2, 2012
...clearly...moon landing was a hoax.....if such an event was possible decades ago.............

then opening 5 consecutive threads in a session would be no problemo....

I regularly cannot connect between around 1 hour before to 1 hour after most races finish, which frankly should be the time of most active discussion. At this point the Tiz-cycling chat is probably a more reliable place to be...

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS