• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Error: 502 Bad Gateway

Page 4 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
I have the same problem - can read a few threads until it times out. When I then switch to a VPN it works until pages stop loading again, and usually it takes an hour or so until I can access the forum again. Happens on different devices and networks.

Re:

Armchair cyclist said:
I've just had the best session on this site for 3 weeks: must have opened about 12 pages for catch-up reading without a time out message.

Dare one hope that it is solved?

I thought it had yesterday when I was using Linux but even that failed, and I needed a VPN to contact the forum again. Today should see some more posters on the forum then usual so keep your fingers crossed!

What is ironic is I never had any of those problems as long as I am signed in since I started this thread, though I'm probably on here far less than everyone else. The only thing that has been happening is around 1-3 am PST I can never load anything and if I'm typing a comment and have to go back to work it times out.

There is no progress, no communication, no apologies, nothing. We have been forgotten. It's time to abandon ship. Is there any other active forums left, or has everyone already moved into newer, "better", social media platforms?

Googolplex said:
There is no progress, no communication, no apologies, nothing. We have been forgotten. It's time to abandon ship. Is there any other active forums left, or has everyone already moved into newer, "better", social media platforms?

Will chase this up today and see what the situation is, it’s been ok for me since the original problems, but it did take me an hour to log on the other day so there are obviously still some issues they need to sort out.

Still needing a VPN as the connection gets severed. Somebody has changed something so for [bleeping] [bleeping] [bleep] sake ..... ARGH! If the powers that be are n't interested, say so and pull the plug on the damn thing. It's not helping CN's reputation.

It may be an irony. but this is one of various pages on this Forum that won't open for me because of the Error 502 problem if I don't actually log on. if I do log on, all is well. Surely that's not intentional - the pages should open for everyone whether logged on or not (but you can't post, of course, if not logged on). They used to all open, back in the days.

Re:

Robert5091 said:
Has this problem to do with (from Feb 13 this year)
https://www.futureplc.com/2019/02/13/cycling-brands/
Future is thrilled to announce that it is adding two cycling brands to its consumer portfolio: Cyclingnews and the magazine Procycling, acquired from Immediate Media.

Yes. We have been trying to fix what we can, but we can do barely anything about the issues that are happening now, and because of the transition from Immediate to Future we haven't been able to get the help we need so far.

From what we've heard they think they've found the right person to fix the forum issues now, so hopefully we'll see improvements soon.

Re: Re:

Red Rick said:
Robert5091 said:
Has this problem to do with (from Feb 13 this year)
https://www.futureplc.com/2019/02/13/cycling-brands/
Future is thrilled to announce that it is adding two cycling brands to its consumer portfolio: Cyclingnews and the magazine Procycling, acquired from Immediate Media.

Yes. We have been trying to fix what we can, but we can do barely anything about the issues that are happening now, and because of the transition from Immediate to Future we haven't been able to get the help we need so far.

From what we've heard they think they've found the right person to fix the forum issues now, so hopefully we'll see improvements soon.

Thanks for this. I came in with Hot Words to say, but now I feel some hope :).

Lately I'm finding almost impossible to stay on the forum but is not anymore the 502 error.
After only a dozen of pageviews I always get a browser message that says that is impossible to connect to the site and I have to wait a couple of hours to be able to connect again.
At least with the 502 error if you try to refresh a lot of times then you can read the pages whereas with that is impossible to read all the thread and post something.

TRENDING THREADS