• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

"Escarabajos" Who is the best climber?

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Whos the best climber?

• Johan Chaves

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Ryo Hazuki said:
no, that would eb bad. coldeported will definitely become world tour. all they need is after next year to get uran and henao and possibly even serpa and quintana and they should have enough points
Getting Uran and Henao won't be easy, it's not like they can offer them a contract that is even close to what Sky is willing to pay them.

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
maltiv said:
Getting Uran and Henao won't be easy, it's not like they can offer them a contract that is even close to what Sky is willing to pay them.

that is not the point for them either. they don't ride for money. some colombians do like ardila or parra or pena. but most of them don't. I'm sure at least henao is very willing to sign for them. I remember well how he gave chavez that victory

Ryo Hazuki said:
no, that would eb bad. coldeported will definitely become world tour. all they need is after next year to get uran and henao and possibly even serpa and quintana and they should have enough points
Hahaha, "all" they need is sign pretty much every single Colombian star out there? And that would be easy?

Yeah yeah Colombians are pure mythical creatures riding for king and country, we know.

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
hrotha said:
Hahaha, "all" they need is sign pretty much every single Colombian star out there? And that would be easy?

Yeah yeah Colombians are pure mythical creatures riding for king and country, we know.

lol @ your hating

May 2, 2010
Visit site
But the guys in the poll can't hold a candle to Lucho Herrera, Fabio Parra, Pacho Rodríguez, Edgar Corredor, Oliverio Rincón, Patrocinio Jiménez ... the whole bunch from the 80's. Vivan los escarabajos!!

Quintana in my view is the best climber ( though Darwin, Chaves and Anacona-are a bit younger ).
Uran and Betancur seem to be best suited to Classics but i think both could feature at GT's. Henao is probably hyped up the most out of all and has done great this year but i still see Quintana as being the better climber- so far.

At next years TDF for Sky instead of tempo climbing it shall be: Duarte> Anacona> Darwin> Chaves> Uran> Henao> Betancur> Quintana> Froome. You heard it here first ( lol ).

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
sartoris said:
But the guys in the poll can't hold a candle to Lucho Herrera, Fabio Parra, Pacho Rodríguez, Edgar Corredor, Oliverio Rincón, Patrocinio Jiménez ... the whole bunch from the 80's. Vivan los escarabajos!!

they are alot better and more complete than those, save perhaps herrera and mejia in pure talent. but quintana I should say has more talent

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
greenedge said:
Quintana in my view is the best climber ( though Darwin, Chaves and Anacona-are a bit younger ).
Uran and Betancur seem to be best suited to Classics but i think both could feature at GT's. Henao is probably hyped up the most out of all and has done great this year but i still see Quintana as being the better climber- so far.

At next years TDF for Sky instead of tempo climbing it shall be: Duarte> Anacona> Darwin> Chaves> Uran> Henao> Betancur> Quintana> Froome. You heard it here first ( lol ).

quintana is younger than all the riders you named :rolleyes:

Aug 23, 2012
Visit site
Ryo Hazuki said:
they are alot better and more complete than those, save perhaps herrera and mejia in pure talent. but quintana I should say has more talent

Fabio and "Lucho" by far are better than all of the list. I think only Quintana in the future could be better than Parra and Herrera.

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Escarabajo said:
The only one that I see close to Herrera and Parra is Henao, IMHO.

I also never understand in general why people put parra and herrera on the same lenght, herrera was a way better and more talented rider than parra. only outside of colombia people think of herrera and parra as equals. in colombia it's all herrera and with reason.

Ryo Hazuki said:
I also never understand in general why people put parra and herrera on the same lenght, herrera was a way better and more talented rider than parra. only outside of colombia people think of herrera and parra as equals. in colombia it's all herrera and with reason.
I think you are right.

The thing that put Parra so high were his podiums in La Vuelta and the Tour.

Aug 23, 2012
Visit site
So after today's stage i think is clear. Great Nairo. He arrived at the Vuelta with only one day of competition so i knew he would drop the first two weeks but now he's on shape and will do great stages in Cuitu and Bola del Mundo.

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Jason_Mercier said:
So after today's stage i think is clear. Great Nairo. He arrived at the Vuelta with only one day of competition so i knew he would drop the first two weeks but now he's on shape and will do great stages in Cuitu and Bola del Mundo.

he actually started the vuelta ion great shape(see also ttt) but he suffered hard from the heat(his own words). he was training in boyaca for months with 11 degrees

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Jason_Mercier said:
The heat affects him so much?

not the heat per se. but the change from cold to heat or vice versa affects him. he's 51 kg in topshape, although not as vulnerable physically or mentally as rujano. but also not the absolute toptalent of rujano. still he should become a major contender for gt's, more so than any other current colombian pro.

RVPRVP

BANNED
Aug 25, 2012
Visit site
Ryo Hazuki said:
not the heat per se. but the change from cold to heat or vice versa affects him. he's 51 kg in topshape, although not as vulnerable physically or mentally as rujano. but also not the absolute toptalent of rujano. still he should become a major contender for gt's, more so than any other current colombian pro.

Hey expert quintana has more talent in his toe than Rujano

Quintana was insane today. People were already heaping praise on Majka for an amazing job with 7k to go when he dropped, and Quintana hadnt even got started then.

And tremendous character to be so loyal to Valverde like that. I mean i get working in a train or pacing a dropped leader or blocking the wind, but Quintana was going accelerate deccelerate, pace, ride out front to be a spring board, ride out front to be ready for next contador attack, everything.

and to do all that while the likes of Anton, Froome, Gesink etc are dying on their bikes 40 seconds back.

RVPRVP

BANNED
Aug 25, 2012
Visit site
Jason_Mercier said:
Rujano is a great climber as he showed in 2005 or the last year. I think he is a toptalent too.

I no full well what he has achieved , he is a moaner who wheelsucked Contador to win a stage last year and then all of a sudden got cold.Thats Ryo's excuse because Nibali beat Rujano on GC:D.

TRENDING THREADS