• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Etoile de Bess?ges (2.1), 04.02 - 08.02 2015

lesetapes2015.jpg

Some of the riders involved:
Voeckler
Rolland
Gallopin
Pinot
Van Bilsen
Jungels
Duque
Hivert
Etc

Startlist: http://www.cyclingfever.com/editie.html?detp=view&_ap=startlijst&editie_idd=MjYzNTE=

Ofifcial website: http://www.etoiledebesseges.com/

Latest winners:
2014 LUDVIGSSON Tobias
2013 HIVERT Jonathan
2012 COPPEL Jerome
2011 RAVARD Anthony
2010 DUMOULIN Samuel
2009 VOECKLER Thomas
2008 TROFIMOV Yury
2007 NUYENS Nick
2006 WILLEMS Frederik
2005 BICHOT Freddy

Direct Velo will eventually provide the ticker: http://direct.directvelo.com/

Jungels FTW.

Will this be Sean De Bies breakthough race? I hope so.

Can't see past Jungels though.

Looking forward to seing Ryan Mullen in the time trial, Sarreaus potential in the sprints (Sadly Boudats potential is limited by the presence of Coquard) and if Txurruka will be in less than three breakaways :D

Predictions:
Stage 1: Nizzolo
Stage 2: Coquard
Stage 3: Gallopin
Stage 4: Nizzolo
Stage 5: Jungels

Kazistuta said:
Will this be Sean De Bies breakthough race? I hope so.

Can't see past Jungels though.

Looking forward to seing Ryan Mullen in the time trial, Sarreaus potential in the sprints (Sadly Boudats potential is limited by the presence of Coquard) and if Txurruka will be in less than three breakaways :D

Predictions:
Stage 1: Nizzolo
Stage 2: Coquard
Stage 3: Gallopin
Stage 4: Nizzolo
Stage 5: Jungels

Boudat isnt riding I believe he is injured (from his crash in the first race in Mallorca)

Echelons!

27 on front:

Bryan Coquard (Team Europcar), Steve Morabito, Arnaud Courteille (FDJ), Alexis Gougeard (AG2R La Mondiale), Giacomo Nizzolo, Marco Coledan (Trek Factory Racing), Pello BilbaoMiguel Angel Benito (Caja Rural), Tony Gallopin (Lotto-Soudal), Michael Van Staeyen, Anthony Turgis, Lo?c Chetout, Christophe Laporte (Cofidis), Marco Marcato, Roy Jans (Wanty-Groupe Gobert), Jonathan Hivert, Romain Feillu (Bretagne-S?ch? Environnement), Antoine Warnier (Wallonie-Bruxelles), Bert Van Lerberghe, Floris De Tier, Sander Helven (Topsport Vlaanderen-Baloise), Brian Van Goethem (Team Roompot), Evaldas Siskevicius, Alexandre Blain, Julien Loubet (Team Marseille 13-KTM), Gorik Gardeyn (Veranclassic-Eko?) et Julien Duval (Arm?e de Terre)

CCC missed the break, leading the bunch.

Oct 23, 2011
Visit site
Also no Jungels...

There's some GC candidates missing from this beak. But it's still like ~125km or something to the finish so things might very well get together again.

Oct 23, 2011
Visit site
Gap's increasing a bit though, 1'38 with 121km to go. Cofidis driving the break.

However, I can imagine many teams are going to chase in the peloton if they have too. However Trek and Europcar might be missing some guys for the GC, but they do have sprinters who could contest the stage here with Coquard and Nizzolo. AG2R and FDJ only have one rider up there though, they might want to do some chasing at least......

If it would get through, Gallopin is in a very good situation to win the overall though.

Also, ****ty small races are always so good as far as the racing is concerned. If only all races were ****ty small races :(

Oct 23, 2011
Visit site
1'34 now with 70km to go. Starting to look a bit better for the break I guess. But they could still easily be brought back of course.

Coquard has apparently been on the front of the break as well.

And still a strong headwind.

Actually, if some other teams start chasing hard than with ~1'30 and riding in the headwind for quite some time the break will probably be brought back easily.....

Maaaaaaaarten said:
1'34 now with 70km to go. Starting to look a bit better for the break I guess. But they could still easily be brought back of course.

Coquard has apparently been on the front of the break as well.

And still a strong headwind.

Actually, if some other teams start chasing hard than with ~1'30 and riding in the headwind for quite some time the break will probably be brought back easily.....

All world tour teams have a representive (or 2) in the break, as do Eurocar, Cofidis, BSE, Wanty, Topsport , Caja Rural and T-Roompot.

So only pro tour teams without someone are Colombia and CCC

Gap now increasing