• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Euro 2016

Page 31 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Looked so nasty. It was sour seeing him crying and leaving the pitch injured.

He looked like a natural coach on the sidelines. If this was RMA I'm not sure he would have been as vocal on the sidelines. He has previously said he will never go into coaching, but looking at this maybe he should reconsider that statement.

Honestly France was lethargic. Sissoko was the only one creating anything forward, Portugal won fairly. Pepe my MOTM.

Worst.Euro.Ever. Quite appropriate it's a team that finished third in its group and did absolutely nothing for much of the championships, but just enough to somehow win the title. Also ironic that Ronaldo was subpar yet his team wins. This is similar to the Denver Broncos winning the Super Bowl. Manning wins a title but not because of his play, but of his teammates. Same with Ronaldo.

Mar 14, 2016
Visit site
Re:

SeriousSam said:
I'm not sure whether that's me changing or the football changing, but I can't recall a major football tournament I got into less than this one. It seems like all tournament, I was waiting for it to finally start for real, but it just never happened.
The new 24-team format sure didn't help.

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
Re: Re:

Flamin said:
sniper said:
Flamin said:
This doesn't have to be such a bad thing for Portugal. Other players who are usually in the shadow, may step up. It wouldn't be the first time for this to happen.
like who? Quaresma? lol.
Nani looked razor sharp next to Ronaldo.
Now Nani is gonna be their playmaker/target man? Dont think he can handle that.

This is a big loss for Portugal.

Eder :D
touche :D

poor Ronaldo though.
He was trying so hard to look happy and join the celebrations.
For someone like Ronaldo, with his ego, this must be a traumatic experience.

France was abysmal. Makes their victory over Germany seem like a fluke with two lucky strikes.

Re:

jsem94 said:
Eder should have played up front all along the tournament. CR7 and Nani are both winger-forwards, not out and out CFs. CR7 is the best when he can play off a CF.

Oh, and CR7 isn't the GOAT, despite this win.

Of course CR7 isn't the GOAT. The GOAT has to play well against good teams in important matches too. I don't think he even the best in the world at the moment.

For clarification I'd say that this year the best player has been, much to my dismay, Suarez - a player that if I had my way shouldn't even be playing football. However, he has had a wonderful year. Unfortunately.