• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Evans V Valverde...

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
auscyclefan94 said:
Oh sorry:eek:! you'd think he wouldn't just know how to speak his native tongue?

Happens a lot with spanish and italian people. Especially someone from the South of Spain, nowhere near the border with other countries...

Ever noticed how we don't have italians at the forum?

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
issoisso said:
Happens a lot with spanish and italian people. Especially someone from the South of Spain, nowhere near the border with other countries...

And greeks! Due to aus having lots of italians and greeks a lot of the older generation don't even learn or try how to speak the language. They just go off to restaurants eating pizza's or eating souvlaki's all day!:D

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
auscyclefan94 said:
And greeks! Due to aus having lots of italians and greeks a lot of the older generation don't even learn or try how to speak the language. They just go off to restaurants eating pizza's or eating souvlaki's all day!:D

Well, it's not like Australians speak proper english, either :p ;)

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
auscyclefan94 said:
Are you fair dinkum?

Are their or have their been any greek pro cyclists?

I have no idea what that first sentence means.
Still, I was joking. I thought that was obvious. Although you're probably jokingly trying to demonstrate my point about Australian "English"

Greek pros....uhm....there's a small greek team. There was a reasonable track sprinter who did ride small races on the road. No one good, though. In the past few years, I mean.

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
issoisso said:
I have no idea what that first sentence means.
Still, I was joking. I thought that was obvious. Although you're probably jokingly trying to demonstrate my point about Australian "English"

Greek pros....uhm....there's a small greek team. There was a reasonable track sprinter who did ride small races on the road. No one good, though. In the past few years, I mean.

"Are you fair dinkum" is aussie slang for "are you serious"

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
issoisso said:

Ever noticed how we don't have italians at the forum?

Isn't Rhubroma(?) Italian?

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Not about Valverde vs Evans but...

Gotta say I like what I see of Evans so far this year. Maybe he's turned a corner? We did start to see some of it last year (more aggressive).

Winning a Worlds has to help a lot with confidence too. I'm pretty sure Evans is gonna win a Giro or Vuelta.

Apr 29, 2009
Visit site
Angliru said:
You have 2 consecutive Dauphine's where Evans has finished 2nd, with an emphasis on the fact that Evans was in the leader's jersey when Valverde's attack resulted in his losing the race lead and ultimately the overall. While the WC is an obvious tick on Evans' side, in head to head battles Valverde has come out far and way on top, if you look at victory being the form of measurement. I don't even see how it can be argued, with Valverde being the more prolific in terms of actual victories.
The Vuelta was the first time Valverde has finished ahead of Cadel in a GT. A bit of luck(wheel change) for Cadel and Valverde may still have not beaten Cadel in a GT.

Aug 16, 2009
Visit site
auscyclefan94 said:
The on going rivalry of the dauphine, the vuelta, the worlds between valverde and evans has been intensified as a new chapter needs to be written after the past few days of the tour down under.

Your thoughts about the rivalry...

I can understand why you would be more interested in Cuddles, you're just growing into a woman and you want someone who is a bit less threatening, more feminine. Cadel with his squeaky voice and toy dog is just the ticket.

But when you’re a little older you will realise what a hottie Valverde is and you will change your tune. O yeah, Valverde wins bucket loads of bike races as well and Cuddles has won the tour of Tasmania.... Any rivalry is all in Cuddles's head.

Ripper said:
Actually, the bile is usually after his name, such as Valv-piti-piece-O-sh*t :D Now, having said this, I would not negatively comment on Valv-piti's racing abilities, as he is clearly one of the best riders in the game and has a great finishing sprint.

I stand corrected. Thanks for putting me straight.;)

goggalor said:
He married a piano teacher. But I suppose it's hard to make the distinction from all the way up on that high horsie of yours.

It was my understanding, based on an Evans article in an older issue of either
Pro Cycling or Cycle Sport, that she was a classical pianist. Interviewed during his T-Mobile years.

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Angliru said:
It was my understanding, based on an Evans article in an older issue of either
Pro Cycling or Cycle Sport, that she was a classical pianist. Interviewed during his T-Mobile years.

Yes that is right. Also sings in a quite big chior in Italy.

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
WonderLance said:
I can understand why you would be more interested in Cuddles, you're just growing into a woman and you want someone who is a bit less threatening, more feminine. Cadel with his squeaky voice and toy dog is just the ticket.

But when you’re a little older you will realise what a hottie Valverde is and you will change your tune. O yeah, Valverde wins bucket loads of bike races as well and Cuddles has won the tour of Tasmania.... Any rivalry is all in Cuddles's head.

Now your on ignore.:D We know you are just on here to cause trouble. That's why you supposedly like Lance!

Apr 16, 2009
Visit site
goggalor said:
He married a piano teacher. But I suppose it's hard to make the distinction from all the way up on that high horsie of yours.

Galic Ho has a business degree and all, so don't be too hard on this intellectual giant.

Aug 16, 2009
Visit site
auscyclefan94 said:
Now your on ignore.:D We know you are just on here to cause trouble. That's why you supposedly like Lance!

I dont think you could even figure out what dress to wear with your new handbag. I dont think it matters anyway as Cuddles only likes small fluffy dogs in that way, so he wouldnt go for you.

Im causing trouble? well at least I'm not reposible for over two thousand of the most pointless, idiotic posts that this forum has ever produced. Blackcat was right when he said you know absolutely nothing about cycling and probably never will.

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
WonderLance said:
I dont think you could even figure out what dress to wear with your new handbag. I dont think it matters anyway as Cuddles only likes small fluffy dogs in that way, so he wouldnt go for you.

Im causing trouble? well at least I'm not reposible for over two thousand of the most pointless, idiotic posts that this forum has ever produced. Blackcat was right when he said you know absolutely nothing about cycling and probably never will.

Perhaps he wouldn't have so many posts if he didn't constantly reply to yours and others like it.

Stop winding him up and he would stop posting stupid s h i t.:rolleyes:

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
msjett said:
Perhaps he wouldn't have so many posts if he didn't constantly reply to yours and others like it.

Stop winding him up and he would stop posting stupid s h i t.:rolleyes:

I'm using the ignore on him now... He's not worth my time or credibility. Just on here to create trouble.