• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Eve of Giro poll: Who will wear pink in Milan.

Who will win the 2011 Giro d italia.

• Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Sorry Parrulo for no Machado, (hed be there if I had more options) and maybe Kreuziger should have been there above Sastre, but I felt, that if Carlos can manage to put last year behind him this course is definitely suited for him

Edit: DOH!!!!!

A true Homer simpson moment. I somehow managed to put Kreuziger in there instead of Sastre anyway. Scratching my head now.

The Hitch said:
All i know is that Nibali is not beating Scarponi.
Imho he can (though it's a close call)
He looked better today in LBL, so I guess its shape is increasing. While Scarponi is strong since T-A. Scarponi is surely better in the mountains, but Nibali isn't bad either. And he's got the final ITT for him.

Agree that a "who will come second" poll might be more interesting.

These are my picks:

1. Contador
2. Scarponi
3. Menchov
4. Nibali
5. Anton
6. Rodriguez
7. Rujano
8. Machado
9. Pozzovivo
10. Kreuziger

Perhaps just as interesting: who will be the surprise of this Giro?

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
Dekker_Tifosi said:
1. Rujano
2. Duarte
3. Soler

Hahahaha PWND!

Mah... Hitch come on... put all the nicknames in their native languages!
Il Killer <----- this way is better
Il Squalo
Plz!
For Rujano what about using "Pepe" for him?
and my pick......
Contadooooooorrrrr! Contadooooorrrrrr! Contadorrrrrr!
I'll be singing this a lot of times during this Giro even If He is 1h back in the GC ;)

Contador + Dolomites = Massive genocide in the peloton :D

BTW... Contador was 3-4 days in Italy and made recon to Marmolada, Zoncolan and the descent of Crostis :cool:
oh and today was in Glocknerhaus...
uhhhhhhh... Now We know where the hammer will fall ;)

I didn't want to vote for Contador because that'd be too easy. The next logical step would be to vote for Menchov or Nibali, the most successful GT riders left, but I had a sudden epiphany and voted for Scarponi, even though I'd hate it if he won.

TRENDING THREADS