• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Everybody needs a little bit of Roglstomp in their lives

Page 550 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
I think you are selling him short. He is a great rider and definitely good enough to win GT's without the absolut best team. Some GT's has a weaker feld and he should be able to dominate them.

I think this whole thing is bad, especially for Jumbo. If they want do dominate the stage race calendar, they need both Roglic and Jonas. They should go out of there way to make him happy. Being compleat sole leader at the tour for them, is of course ridiculous and I think he knows that.

It's no secret that I think dual leadership at the tour is doable, just like in 22. The competition is so great that things will sort themselves out on the road and the team is strong enough to support them both. Just my opinion.

I don't like him going to Ineos. I think they often show themselves as tactically inept, and I don't trust them with his talent. I like Lidl much more for him. Skelmose could use a mentor and him and Mads could dom for him like no other team. Mads is a beast when he dom's, just ask Richie Port. It's like van Arte level stuff.
It's not him I am selling short. The teams in play, ineos or moviestar does not have the team to back it up.

Rogla is great and has looked the best he has this year, in some years. But I don't believe it if he moves.

Reactions: Sandisfan
Wait why is Bora a good choice? They haven't really shown they can be a GC team, while Ineos have. It's not just the domestiques, it's every small details that Jumbo, Ineos or even UAE have perfected over the years.

Culturally, locally (Raubling is just over the border from Austria) & in terms of a team which isn't too dissimilar from Jumbo, i.e. not to generalize too much here, he'd be going from a Dutch team to German team with a similar mindset. There wouldn't be a culture shock.

And on paper, I think Bora currently has a better team than Ineos. But we'll see. It's all just rumors right now.

Not even UAE or Ineos have won a GT since Bora won one.

And in the GT Bora won in 2022, Jumbo didn't even exist beyond a couple of stage wins by Bouwman & the KOM jersey (Dumoulin DNF'd).

So things go fast in cycling. Not so long ago (2019) Jumbo were the underdogs, whereas now people believe everything they touch turns to gold. But that's not true either (when was the last time they won a Monument? i.e. Rog in 2020).

• Wow
True, but they were much closer.
Man what are you waffling about. We're talking about a team that ride specialized bikes and have Hindley, vlasov, higuita, buchman, kamna, Daniel martinez and ujtedbrocks as climbing support, as well as a number of strong rouleurs. Also probably room for roglic to bring 1 or 2 of his favourite teammates. They know how to win a gt and vlasov and hindley both improved after joining.

It's always annoying to me that riders sign extremely long term contracts with teams and then break them as soon as they become unhappy. Contracts should have meaning.

Bora would be a good choice, he can mentor Uijtdebroeckx like he did Vingegaard
Until Uijtdebroeks gets too good, then Roglic is out the door ;)

And in the GT Bora won in 2022, Jumbo didn't even exist beyond a couple of stage wins by Bouwman & the KOM jersey (Dumoulin DNF'd).

So things go fast in cycling. Not so long ago (2019) Jumbo were the underdogs, whereas now people believe everything they touch turns to gold. But that's not true either (when was the last time they won a Monument? i.e. Rog in 2020).
Didn't exist except for a couple of stage wins and the KOM jersey :) Evenepoel begs to differ.

I think Bora are a pretty professional team, but apparently in terms of nutrition it's still every man for himself (if Uijtdebroeks is to be believed). That's where Jumbo makes the difference. But of course a company that sells kitchens should be able to improve in that regard.

Roglic is not getting any younger so if he wants to win the Tour he has to go somewhere else.

After the Vuelta kerfuffle, where he wasn't allowed to fight for his 4th Vuelta given his age, it is obvious the relationship was strained.

We all know Jumbo is banking on Vingegaard for his 3rd Tour win.