• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Everybody needs a little bit of Roglstomp in their lives

Page 575 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
It makes sense for Rog and Pog to work together at the Tour to topple Vingegaard. Pogacar might make this alliance with his countryman to disrupt Vingegaard. Roglic will train very hard to win the only stage race (of note) that he hasn't won before. He will be stomping on Plugge's face with every peddle stomp.
Roglic fans have such short memories... Jumbo gave Roglic an amazing opportunity to win the Tour. He f.cked it up all by himself. Why would he want to stomp Plugge's face in revenge?

Roglic fans have such short memories... Jumbo gave Roglic an amazing opportunity to win the Tour. He f.cked it up all by himself. Why would he want to stomp Plugge's face in revenge?
It's fu***** unbeliavable what we read in this thread. They even talk about rog's wife being more relaxed without Jumbo, what the hell?!

This is pure roglic fanboyism, now jumbo, Plugge and vingegaard are the enemys of roglic, they did very bad things to roglic, he needs revenge.....what a fantasy.

It's fu***** unbeliavable what we read in this thread. They even talk about rog's wife being more relaxed without Jumbo, what the hell?!

This is pure roglic fanboyism, now jumbo, Plugge and vingegaard are the enemys of roglic, they did very bad things to roglic, he needs revenge.....what a fantasy.
To be fair, Roglic fans already didn't like Jumbo when he was still riding for them :) I think part of the reason they're projecting all kinds of emotions on Roglic is that listening to him is like reading Tarot cards, you have to fill it all in yourself because he doesn't actually say much. He sees interviews as a necessary evil. And that's fine, he reminds me a bit of Menchov in that way.

Reactions: Sandisfan
To be fair, Roglic fans already didn't like Jumbo when he was still riding for them :) I think part of the reason they're projecting all kinds of emotions on Roglic is that listening to him is like reading Tarot cards, you have to fill it all in yourself because he doesn't actually say much. He sees interviews as a necessary evil. And that's fine, he reminds me a bit of Menchov in that way.
It doesn't make sense, because Jumbo did a lot for roglic, just like roglic did a lot for Jumbo.

Good he is having some fun. He won't have any in the coming season. He will not win another grand tour.
If you keep posting the same prediction over and over again, eventually it'll become true someday. People are trying to predict Roglic's failure since 2020. Yes, there were some painful loses (mainly crashes), but he keeps coming back stronger and stronger. Maybe he won't win the Tour, but he'll have more big wins in the future, because the guy just has a heart of a true champion. And it doesn't matter what people on this forum say, trying to discredit him. It won't change a thing. Primož Roglič is a winner and will stay a winner.

You are just as much anti Roglic as his fans are pro Roglic, if not even more. Just a single poster said the things you find "*** unbelievable". It was just an observation which he/she even softened a bit by adding "maybe I'm reading too much into it". So in my opinion the only "*** unbelievabe" post on this page is yours.

Also about showing Jumbo, Vingo and Plugge... Of course they are the enemy. They are on different teams now and Rogla wants to beat them. What is so outrageous about that? Maybe we live on different planets, but ever since I started following sports in every single sport a rider/player is extra motivated against his former team and wants to show them they made a mistake.

You are just as much anti Roglic as his fans are pro Roglic, if not even more. Just a single poster said the things you find "*** unbelievable". It was just an observation which he/she even softened a bit by adding "maybe I'm reading too much into it". So in my opinion the only "*** unbelievabe" post on this page is yours.

Also about showing Jumbo, Vingo and Plugge... Of course they are the enemy. They are on different teams now and Rogla wants to beat them. What is so outrageous about that? Maybe we live on different planets, but ever since I started following sports in every single sport a rider/player is extra motivated against his former team and wants to show them they made a mistake.
What mistake? It was roglic who wanted to go to another team, jumbo didn’t fired roglic.

Reactions: Ilmaestro99
What mistake? It was roglic who wanted to go to another team, jumbo didn’t fired roglic.
That's true. I mean from Roglič's point of view, he wants to show they bet on the wrong horse in Vingegaard. Although we can all agree Vingegaard is the right horse from what we've seen in the last two years. But Roglič should of course think different and believe in himself. There'd be no point in racing the Tour otherwise.

But make no mistake. Even though they were having fun at the event, Rogla and Pogi are still big rivals on the bike and Pogi is just as big of an "enemy" to Roglič as Vingegaard is.

Let's not rewrite history.

The only TdF he entered with complete leadership was 2021 (in 2020 Jumbo thought Dumoulin should be co-captain because reasons). But even then, Tony Martin drove them into opi omi; then on the fateful stage 3, Martin & Gesink both crashed again (Gesink DNF'd), leaving Rog alone in the bunch with 20km to go because WvA had permission to chase the jersey & forget any sort of dom duties. Colbrelli happened & the rest is history.

But it's weird to me how polarizing Rog is tbh, i.e. I can only really think of one other rider (Evenepoel for what it's worth) where antis flood the thread & project all sorts of isms & wrongs onto the rider & his fans.

It's like the basic fact Roglič is still so good & is going to target the TdF (& go to battle against Jumbo aka Visma - Lease a Bike or whatever they'll be called) triggers some people.

But it's weird to me how polarizing Rog is tbh, i.e. I can only really think of one other rider (Evenepoel for what it's worth) where antis flood the thread & project all sorts of isms & wrongs onto the rider & his fans.

It's like the basic fact Roglič is still so good & is going to target the TdF (& go to battle against Jumbo aka Visma - Lease a Bike or whatever they'll be called) triggers some people.
Nah, imo it's more that they are both very popular and thus almost necessarily have some over the top guys among the fans - that's what/who triggers the more trigger-happy anti-fans.

Reactions: Sandisfan and kn0s

Some people seem to think that criticising Roglic in any way makes you an "anti". It doesn't, it just means that someone is able to see that he's not perfect.

Let's not rewrite history.

The only TdF he entered with complete leadership was 2021 (in 2020 Jumbo thought Dumoulin should be co-captain because reasons). But even then, Tony Martin drove them into opi omi; then on the fateful stage 3, Martin & Gesink both crashed again (Gesink DNF'd), leaving Rog alone in the bunch with 20km to go because WvA had permission to chase the jersey & forget any sort of dom duties. Colbrelli happened & the rest is history.

You fall in the same trap of giving every kind of reason why it's never Roglic' fault that he doesn't perform in the Tour. He got all the support he could ever need. Do you see Pogi fans complaining about the lack of a babysitter? No, because he does it all on his own, he's a one man team. Whereas apparently the few kms where Van Aert got to ride for himself are immediately a huge problem for Roglic (or for his fans, because Roglic himself never complains).

I actually like Roglic, but I think he's definitely got a problem with moving through the peloton and staying upright. There's only so much a team can do about that, at some point it's also the rider himself who has to have the skill. Maybe Roglic started too late to ever really learn it.

Of course Jumbo have made a few mistakes here and there, if you expect it to be any different at Bora you'll be disappointed. If you think Jumbo were bad at people management, Bora are already having trouble managing (on paper) lesser riders... the season hasn't even started and Uijtdebroeks already wants to leave :)

Reactions: Froome
Some people seem to think that criticising Roglic in any way makes you an "anti". It doesn't, it just means that someone is able to see that he's not perfect.

One of the posts above on this very page isn't 'criticism' of Rog, it's straight up ranting about his fans (whilst another poster said he "f*cked up the TdF all by himself", i.e. each to their own but such a claim is itself... entirely subjective, ergo subject to debate).

The bottom line is if someone is triggered by Rog's fans or the rider himself, posts some anti whatever, then as icing on the cake gets angsty when Rog fans respond, I can think of many more healthy activities than getting moody here over such trivialities like sport & arguing for the sake of it.

Because yes, this is sport & the object of the game for Roglič now is take the fight to Jumbo in the TdF. That's healthy competition & that's what fans want. Not some sort of meek circlejerk where Plugge, Jumbo & their fans should get their egos massaged, or where people who don't like Roglič should get to dominate the conversation because they believe their voice is somehow... impartial or something. I don't think so.

Reactions: Sandisfan and acm
Because Dumoulin won the Giro in 2017 and was 2nd in TDF of 2018. Roglic only won the Vuelta by the start of TDF 2020.

It was because he was Dutch & Jumbo needed a local star for sponsorship reasons.

On the road Roglič was crushing the 2020 season over the summer. Jumbo even persisted with this 'Dumoulin co-leader' heresy in the Vuelta 2020 as well, which resulted in his meltdown when he couldn't keep up.

It was because he was Dutch & Jumbo needed a local star for sponsorship reasons.

On the road Roglič was crushing the 2020 season over the summer. Jumbo even persisted with this 'Dumoulin co-leader' heresy in the Vuelta 2020 as well, which resulted in his meltdown when he couldn't keep up.
You are acting as if Dumoulin was a bad rider... Like I said, he won the Giro in 2017, and was 2nd in TDF in 2018. There was no reason for Jumbo to put all their eggs in one basket named Roglic. Which was shown by the end result.

Reactions: Froome

Latest posts