• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Everybody needs a little bit of Roglstomp in their lives

Page 618 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Good for you...

That shows personal integrity. Not insufferable stubbornness at all...

I take valid criticism rather seriously. People nagging me about semicolons and holding basic rules of bon ton against me. I admit that i take that less seriously.

So what i could have done better is i could join two answers i gave to @Logic-is-your-friend into one post. As i was responding to the same person. Here in hindsight the problem was there was a wall of posts and i went at it in chronological order. So i will be more mindful about that part in the future. As for the rest, indulging the mob, forget it. Here my advice would be you should change before believing other persons should change for you.

Reactions: Sandisfan
I take valid criticism rather seriously. People nagging me about semicolons and holding basic rules of bon ton against me. I admit that i take that less seriously.

So what i could have done better is i could join two answers i gave to @Logic-is-your-friend into one post. As i was responding to the same person. Here in hindsight the problem was there was a wall of posts and i went at it in chronological order. So i will be more mindful about that part in the future. As for the rest, indulging the mob, forget it. Here my advice would be you should change before believing other persons should change for you.

I think it's a little silly to respond to five different posts in five different posts and then immediately post two more posts and then end up quoting one of those, responding to yourself. There is an edit button for a reason.

I think it's a little silly to respond to five different posts in five different posts and then immediately post two more posts and then end up quoting one of those, responding to yourself. There is an edit button for a reason.

That is your belief. My belief is it's a basic rule of bon ton. If you quote just the person you are responding to and respond to just that. Instead of mixing in and involving everybody. Unless the whole thing is of low grade in the first place. Then i agree a long wall of quotes makes more sense.

I don't think it would be necessary, because in march this thread will be very competitive when Roglic wheelsucks again Remco like he did on vuelta catalunya 2023, specially after Bora taking advantage in the TTT 😂

This thread will be very funny again.

In the end we always learn something new, from debating. Although i agree it's mostly jibber jab at this point.

The thing i learned from this pre season debates is some of you still live at Catalunya 2023 and some actually believe Rogla won't beat Jonas. Like not even joking.

If i were into guys, there is no way i'd pick Vingegaard over Roglic unless he does an insane Mick Jagger impersonation.
Boki_Mick_Jagger_as_a_Tour_de_France_winner_af15da07-d902-48a3-96ff-24c9be1b2407.png

It's not difficult at all to beat Vingegaard/Visma. It's all about beating him/them in JULY.

In my opinion it's hard to beat Jonas at any stage race, that is what makes it special.

If you look at the route of Tour basque country, it would be really bad for Roglic if he can't beat Vingegaard and Remco there.

Tour de France is another story, specially on climbs like col de la bonette.

Nah, what was rather bad was Tour 2020 defeat. Still even that turned out to be a gift in disguise.

@bNator

That is a nice image to finish this debate from my side. As the whole debate started not because i accused anybody of not being able to read, although we did discuss much about semantics after, some even accusing me i can't write, cognitive laziness is what i was arguing about. Now seeing such image and knowing how little effort it takes, modern tools, to make it and to feed it to target public. Perfect tools to further instil modern day cognitive laziness.

Anyway, please don't bother me with anything if it's not important. In the next few days. I will watch Remco.

In my opinion it's hard to beat Jonas at any stage race, that is what makes it special.

Nah, what was rather bad was Tour 2020 defeat. Still even that turned out to be a gift in disguise.

@bNator

That is a nice image to finish this debate from my side. As the whole debate started not because i accused anybody of not being able to read, although we did discuss much about semantics after, some even accusing me i can't write, cognitive laziness is what i was arguing about. Now seeing such image and knowing how little effort it takes, modern tools, to make it and to feed it to target public. Perfect tools to further instil modern day cognitive laziness.

Anyway, please don't bother me with anything if it's not important. In the next few days. I will watch Remco.
Well if nothing else, you are staying true to your approach, where you feel you are entitled to express your opinion, expect others to acknowledge and respect your opinion yet do nothing to acknowledge and respect opinions of others yourself.

Who are you to say a discussion is over after you make negative comments that call for a reply? You said what you were going to say and now we shouldn’t bother you - yet you are free to bother other people whenever you feel like it.

Cognitivie laziness? Next time, you should consider how much effort it took you to refer to a podcast, post an instagram link or construct a meaningful comprehensive sentence...

Are more threads becoming garbage like this one or mods have more good things to do before the season kicks in?

I won't blame them but it's hard to come back here and not become appaled. It just feels I'm back at highschool and I have go past all the constant mindless ramblings of jocks - keyboard warriors - who call it a day when they trigger users without arguments with (again) at least one of the following topics:

1) Roglic is old;
2) Roglic was lucky;
3) Roglic is a wheelsucker;
4) Roglic is boring;
5) Roglic can't climb;
6) Roglic can' attack;
7) Jumbo-Visma did some calculations and they have SCIENTIFICALLY assessed that Roglic has 5,72% less energy output than Vingo and that this rate converts into 5,81% after racing for two weeks; also, due to his fishmonger background, Vingo has more mitochondria per cell than any rider and can breed under water, just like Aquaman, you just wait for the Tour to see;
8) Rider (usually Remco or Vingo) will DESTROY Roglic unless something something happens, in which case I can again withhold my choices with a fine coat of logical explanations in order not to harm my self-esteem;

This trend bores the **** out of every user until the thread becomes a space for only the users that thrive on their constant broken record rants. The parasites have taken over the host.

This is not F1 and i guess season 2024 should show, on why we love this sport so much.
It is in the current iteration. They know the facts and thus what can be done and what cannot be done, variables notwithstanding, as it's all about scientific predictions, based upon numerical probabilities. Go be a mountain goat and that's what you do, or go be a domestique and that's what you do. Go be a GT champion and, bar few, it's not what you do.

Are more threads becoming garbage like this one or mods have more good things to do before the season kicks in?

I won't blame them but it's hard to come back here and not become appaled. It just feels I'm back at highschool and I have go past all the constant mindless ramblings of jocks - keyboard warriors - who call it a day when they trigger users without arguments with (again) at least one of the following topics:

1) Roglic is old;
2) Roglic was lucky;
3) Roglic is a wheelsucker;
4) Roglic is boring;
5) Roglic can't climb;
6) Roglic can' attack;
7) Jumbo-Visma did some calculations and they have SCIENTIFICALLY assessed that Roglic has 5,72% less energy output than Vingo and that this rate converts into 5,81% after racing for two weeks; also, due to his fishmonger background, Vingo has more mitochondria per cell than any rider and can breed under water, just like Aquaman, you just wait for the Tour to see;
8) Rider (usually Remco or Vingo) will DESTROY Roglic unless something something happens, in which case I can again withhold my choices with a fine coat of logical explanations in order not to harm my self-esteem;

This trend bores the **** out of every user until the thread becomes a space for only the users that thrive on their constant broken record rants. The parasites have taken over the host.
You forgot one

9) Roglic is the best rider in the world

It is in the current iteration. They know the facts and thus what can be done and what cannot be done, variables notwithstanding, as it's all about scientific predictions, based upon numerical probabilities. Go be a mountain goat and that's what you do, or go be a domestique and that's what you do. Go be a GT champion and, bar few, it's not what you do.
I actually believe science in sports is very primitive. I’m not basing that on any real knowledge of the subject but on the assumption that body as a complex system must be non-linear and difficult to model. I think they know jack *** to be honest. Any little change of parameters can probably have a huge effect they could not have predicted IMO…

Last edited:
I actually believe science in sports is very primitive. I’m not basing that on any real knowledge of the subject but on the assumption that body as a complex system must be non-linear and difficult to model. I think they know jack *** to be honest. Any little change of parameters can probably have a huge effect they could not have predicted IMO…
Maybe, but they know how much sustained power so-and-so versus so-and-so can generate. They also know recovery rates, lactate thresholds, VO2 max, blood parameters, etc. These parameters don't change or if they do...

Maybe, but they know how much sustained power so-and-so versus so-and-so can generate. They also know recovery rates, lactate thresholds, VO2 max, blood parameters, etc. These parameters don't change or if they do...
I'm not sure I understood your previous post correctly, but what I'm trying to say is it's not an exact science. Sure, Visma can have some idea based on their numbers how things are likely to go in 2024 and based on those numbers (and common sense) it makes sense to keep Vingegaard and ditch Roglic. But Vingegaard can have a bad year and Roglic a good one (the consequence of a change in parameters I was referring to) and all that science and numbers can suddenly look quite silly, which is what the cognitively active poster you were replying to was probably trying to convey (though we can't be sure, can we?).

Bottom line is, Roglic is a GT winning material, as he has proven many times. He was one stage away from winning TdF and saying he can't win TdF is ridiculous. Visma did let go a potential TdF winner (not to mention a consistent winner of some 15 races per year) so it probably wasn't as easy a decision as some provocateurs here would like it to be. Of course they kept a guy, who has won TdF and who is more likely to win TdF in the future, got some well-needed money and kept their team dynamics in check (for now). So it could turn out to be a correct decision for them...

Last edited:
Reactions: Sandisfan and acm