• The Cycling News forum is still looking to add volunteer moderators with. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Everybody needs a little bit of Roglstomp in their lives

Page 620 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Maybe in a few days I will eat my words, but I can't imagine Roglic going to PN after being on Teide without the intention of winning, that the preparation is focused on the Tour (like other years like 2021 and 2022 by the way) does not mean that he is not going to try to win everything previously, we are talking about Roglic here...

Last edited:
Reactions: Sandisfan and acm
Maybe in a few days I will eat my words, but I can't imagine Roglic going to PN after being on Teide without the intention of winning, that the preparation is focused on the Tour (like other years like 2021 and 2022 in reality) does not mean that he is not going to try to win everything previously, we are talking about Roglic here...
It's Roglic, never believe anything he says in interviews. He wants you to underestimate him so he can stomp.

Reactions: SHAD0W93
I think this year EVERYTHING is only preparation for Tour. It's all in. He'll try, win or loose and then move on to other races. He just needs one 100% attempt to put his mind at ease.

Maybe in a few days I will eat my words, but I can't imagine Roglic going to PN after being on Teide without the intention of winning, that the preparation is focused on the Tour (like other years like 2021 and 2022 by the way) does not mean that he is not going to try to win everything previously, we are talking about Roglic here...

It will indeed be interesting to see, on what his level will be at first stage race of the season. And on how the whole team responds.

Expect Rogla being fat in PN: "I only want to peak for the Tour so I took it easy and had some hamburger evenings with Remco" only to prepare a monster "ski-jumper weight" peak for the Tour demolishing Skeletor, Teddy and co.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=85-IYCQDsVI

Rogla looks sharp as ever. One thing slightly to worry about is as he didn't drop two amateurs. Another thing to say is this might be the future of cycling, watching your favourite in high definition through some app. Hours and hours of it. Jeez.

It's Roglic, never believe anything he says in interviews. He wants you to underestimate him so he can stomp.

Like Remco saying i totally didn't see that one coming? Nah. Nothing personal, though, Jonas will get the same treatment. While we are at the stomp, likely on shorter stage races once or twice. At the Tour likely much much less, as better to focus on staying close till the final ITT.

While we wait i felt a bit nostalgic and took a trip down the memory lane:

roglic-trofeo-senza-fine.jpg

cervelo-sram-crank.jpg

• Love
Reactions: Sandisfan
While watching:

I noticed the analysis, as expected Bora predicted to be third in rankings going into 2024 season.

I don't agree with ranking them tier 2 though, but that can easily be sorted out on the road.

Reactions: Sandisfan
While watching:

I noticed the analysis, as expected Bora predicted to be third in rankings going into 2024 season.

I don't agree with ranking them tier 2 though, but that can easily be sorted out on the road.
Just looking at it real quick, a bigger complaint based off the points is Ineos being in tier 2 and not tier 3.

Just looking at it real quick, a bigger complaint based off the points is Ineos being in tier 2 and not tier 3.

I read the whole analysis and i guess Bora is at the top of tier 2 due to still having potential to grow, compared to UAE and Visma, were it seems they have reached plateau. Ineos likely at the bottom of tier 2 due to previous two seasons being positioned much higher. So i guess a bit of bias and borderline positioning for both teams. Now it's up to them to set the direction.

Looking good for Roglic so far. Remco has lost twice to his domestique Martinez, Vingo losing more than 2min in a ITT and barely beating Bernal on the climb. Word on the street is Pogi couldn't sleep at night during winter thinking about the stomp, that's why he decided to go all-in at the Giro.

On the other hand you can clearly see from the video above Rogla has unlocked another level this year, he doesn't even wheelsuck anymore.

What can I say, one of the most dominant beginnings of a season by a rider probably in history. And he hasn't even started racing yet... What a rider!