• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Everybody needs a little bit of Roglstomp in their lives

Page 638 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Super impressive win. Without both Remcos crash and his wrong turn, the gap to his main rivals might be smaller, but then beating Evenepoel in a short TT like this is always impressive. The wrong turn might be annoying but the more important take away is that if he is stronger than Remco and significantly stronger than Vingegaard in the TT, he is looking pretty good for the gc.

Super impressive win. Without both Remcos crash and his wrong turn, the gap to his main rivals might be smaller, but then beating Evenepoel in a short TT like this is always impressive. The wrong turn might be annoying but the more important take away is that if he is stronger than Remco and significantly stronger than Vingegaard in the TT, he is looking pretty good for the gc.
I'd be slightly careful to read super much into this ITT, this is the sort of ITT where Roglic can wake up from a coma and still crush it. In fact he did the same thing in '22 when he was actually nursing injury.

I'd be slightly careful to read super much into this ITT, this is the sort of ITT where Roglic can wake up from a coma and still crush it. In fact he did the same thing in '22 when he was actually nursing injury.

He didn't just win, though, he annihilated the entire elite bar Pogacar even though he missed a turn. I think this was an absolutely insane performance, but of course it doesn't mean he'll automatically win the Tour now.