• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Everybody needs a little bit of Roglstomp in their lives

Page 7 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Apr 2, 2016
Visit site
Yessssss!!! Didnt think that he will finish the stage! Well he is definetely not a quitter, but truethat he is not good with handling his bike yet. But its normal if you think that he bought his first bike 4 years ago and and other riders are in cycling for what, like 15y? And most of the time he is alone on the training rides...

Jun 22, 2015
Visit site
Re:

Stelvio92 said:
Yessssss!!! Didnt think that he will finish the stage! Well he is definetely not a quitter, but truethat he is not good with handling his bike yet. But its normal if you think that he bought his first bike 4 years ago and and other riders are in cycling for what, like 15y? And most of the time he is alone on the training rides...
Man he bought his first road bike just before he turned 23, he was nearly 23 when he got his first bike????

Nice

Re:

Lequack said:
"First stage after Sunday crash, 200k in Italy, very long, hard and painful stage;I am happy that I’ve come to the finish. I hope that slowly, step by step it will get better, everything on my body hurts, and I’m turning blue like Papa Smurf! Anyway; there is no way I’m giving up! Tomorrow 233k!"

Source:
https://primozroglic.com/2016/05/10/stage-4-auch/

I really start to like this guy. Those updates are good and he's a fighter.

Hope he can bounce back and fight for a stage win.

Re: The official Primož Roglič is the new Landa thread

pablohidalgo7 said:
It seems that he is starting to feel good again. We will see if he makes a good TT on sunday.
I don't think he'll go full gas in the TT. Maybe if the team thinks he could challenge for the victory. But I think he'll be told to preserve some energy for the upcoming stages.

Re: The official Primož Roglič is the new Landa thread

johnymax said:
pablohidalgo7 said:
It seems that he is starting to feel good again. We will see if he makes a good TT on sunday.
I don't think he'll go full gas in the TT. Maybe if the team thinks he could challenge for the victory. But I think he'll be told to preserve some energy for the upcoming stages.
Perhaps that is the best option, but after the first TT I´m excited to discover if that was the TT of his life or not.

I think he will have to TT as fast as possible because he can tell Kruijswijk which lines to take, which corners are tricky at speed, how steep the climbs are, ... Of course, they could also let Van Emden or Keizer do that but I'm not sure how well they (and also Roglic) will fare in a longer TT.

Re:

BalearicBeats said:
I think he will have to TT as fast as possible because he can tell Kruijswijk which lines to take, which corners are tricky at speed, how steep the climbs are, ... Of course, they could also let Van Emden or Keizer do that but I'm not sure how well they (and also Roglic) will fare in a longer TT.

Keizer did ok last year (and was a longer one), but he is in worst shape this year. For Van emden is perhaps a bit hard, but still can makes a decent perfomance.

Re:

Valv.Piti said:
Roglic-fans, what state is he in? He is at 4.00 in a duel with Cancellara, what this a one time experience in the opening time trial or is he really this good?
Nobody knows :p

He's still recovering from the crash but it's getting better. As I've said before, I'm not sure he'll do the TT at full gas. Even if he does, there are many question marks. He's never done an ITT this long before. The ITT looks very technical. Although accelerations from the corners should suit him he's not a great bike handler yet and this could be a handicap on this kind of terrain. On the other hand it looks like an ideal ITT for Cancellara. If he has recovered from his illness, he should be the favourite for the win with Dumoulin. So even if the odds look tasty I think there's very little chance Roglic beats Fabian if anything goes according to plan.

That said Rogla FTW! :D

And yes, he is really that good and that's only the beginning :cool:

Re: Re:

johnymax said:
Valv.Piti said:
Roglic-fans, what state is he in? He is at 4.00 in a duel with Cancellara, what this a one time experience in the opening time trial or is he really this good?

He's still recovering from the crash but it's getting better. As I've said before, I'm not sure he'll do the TT at full gas. Even if he does, there are many question marks. He's never done an ITT this long before. The ITT looks very technical. Although accelerations from the corners should suit him he's not a great bike handler yet and this could be a handicap on this kind of terrain. On the other hand it looks like an ideal ITT for Cancellara. If he has recovered from his illness, he should be the favourite for the win with Dumoulin. So even if the odds look tasty I think there's very little chance Roglic beats Fabian if anything goes according to plan.

I hope you didn't listen to me and went ahead with the bet. :eek: But beating Cancellara on this kind of ITT it's amazing.That was again one hell of a performance. He is surprising me again and again. It's weird he isn't flying on the climbs considering his TT. Maybe it was because of the crash. We'll see going forward what happens.

johnymax said:
johnymax said:
Valv.Piti said:

I hope you didn't listen to me and went ahead with the bet. :eek: But beating Cancellara on this kind of ITT it's amazing.That was again one hell of a performance. He is surprising me again and again. It's weird he isn't flying on the climbs considering his TT. Maybe it was because of the crash. We'll see going forward what happens.

Maybe it's still tough for him to ride for 4-5 hours straight because of his crash, whereas a 1 hour effort (more or less) is not as painful? I dont know though

johnymax said:
Maybe he's been targeting this TT since the crash removed any ambitions GC-wise, he may have been asked to keep his powder dry and only go hard in a couple of selected stages, so as to give Kruijswijk climbing help if needed in week 3.

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
After approximately ten kilometres, I lost my computer and my bottle. I indicated to my sport director to pick my computer but I'm not sure if he understood what I was telling him. I also lost motivation and I decided to take it easy. But I was feeling fantastic uphill so I just pushed and pushed for the fun of it. I was really slow and unlucky at the beginning but very fast and lucky at the end because I only felt a drop or two while the riders after me got the pouring rain. This is strange, very strange.

r-kelly-cigarette-gif-wtf.gif

Re:

Bushman said:
The Jamie Vardy of cycling
I think that's pretty unfair. Vardy was always a footballer, but suddenly became a good one late on. Roglič didn't start cycling until very late so it's not surprising he's a late bloomer. And also, his performance this year isn't very surprising at all to those who followed his progress at Adria Mobil, quite a few of us were demanding he get to go to the WT and do the Giro during the 2015 season.

TRENDING THREADS