• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Everybody needs a little bit of Roglstomp in their lives

Page 122 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
My math teacher always said that 2 negatives make a positive though.
Your math teacher is lying to you. It doesn't always work this way. Call your teacher an as_hole, he/she'll be pissed. Then call him/her a wanker, he/she'll be double pissed. Our two math teachers from this forum @tobydawq and @RedheadDane can confirm this.

P.S. If I knew if your teacher is a he or a she, my post would have been shorter.

P.P.S. Just paying homage to our friend @CyclistAbi ;)

He's a great TT'er in stage races, but i think in a standalone ITT, there will be 3 guys or more better.
It's not that I necessarily don't agree with that - it's very much possible. But still if you try and name those 3 guys it becomes quite a task I think. And keep in mind we are talking about fresh Rogic - the initial point was that Roglic doesn't have much chance for a podium even if he is fresh.

If the TT was flat ok, I could say WvA, Dennis and Ganna and put my money on it. But I think fresh Roglic should beat all of them on a TT that is as hilly as this years Olympic one. The only time he wasn’t top 2 on a hilly TT (tha I can remember) was last years LPDBF. Other than that his worst hilly TT result is 2017 WC where he was 2nd?

Reactions: CyclistAbi
It's not that I necessarily don't agree with that - it's very much possible. But still if you try and name those 3 guys it becomes quite a task I think. And keep in mind we are talking about fresh Rogic - the initial point was that Roglic doesn't have much chance for a podium even if he is fresh.

If the TT was flat ok, I could say WvA, Dennis and Ganna and put my money on it. But I think fresh Roglic should beat all of them on a TT that is as hilly as this years Olympic one. The only time he wasn’t top 2 on a hilly TT (tha I can remember) was last years LPDBF. Other than that his worst hilly TT result is 2017 WC where he was 2nd?
12th in Harrogate 2019 iirc, behind Bevin, Campenaerts who crashed 27 times, Dowsett, Oliveira...

And you can add Evenepoel to your list. Those 4 should all be faster on flat to hilly courses, not including actual climbs. Assuming all in equal shape.

But it's no science. He can beat any of them and all of them in certain conditions, but i do believe it's less likely than the other way around.

Reactions: Eeslliw
Book Kilometer zero by Lora Klinc about Primož and his Vuelta 19' through her eyes is now available in English.
One page :

Thanks, I'd Love to read this. Alas not available in the USA, at least not yet. Even if it is released in hardback or paperback my old eyes cannot read it so they need to release a kindle edition where I can set the font, size and brightness in order to read it!

I really recommend the book - it is basically a work in three parts - one part is like a guide for cycling begginers - it explains the races, the tactics, basically ins and outs for someone who starts watching cycling races. The second part covers the 2019 Vuelta (with some parts also touching Giro 2019 and Tour 2018) - the racing aspect. But the most interesting part is the third part which consists of diary-style write ups for every stage. Lora followed the route of the Vuelta with her mother, father, brother and son (a couple of months old then) for the last two weeks of the race. So it is not all about the race but also describes the strugles of trying to drive up a 25% climb in a campervan with a screaming baby, her phonecalls with "El leader" or how she proclaimed Bahamontes dead "because 92 is surely too old for him to still be alive" only for him to be present on the podium ceremony on the one of the latter stages. A fun read from start to finish.

I really recommend the book - it is basically a work in three parts - one part is like a guide for cycling begginers - it explains the races, the tactics, basically ins and outs for someone who starts watching cycling races. The second part covers the 2019 Vuelta (with some parts also touching Giro 2019 and Tour 2018) - the racing aspect. But the most interesting part is the third part which consists of diary-style write ups for every stage. Lora followed the route of the Vuelta with her mother, father, brother and son (a couple of months old then) for the last two weeks of the race. So it is not all about the race but also describes the strugles of trying to drive up a 25% climb in a campervan with a screaming baby, her phonecalls with "El leader" or how she proclaimed Bahamontes dead "because 92 is surely too old for him to still be alive" only for him to be present on the podium ceremony on the one of the latter stages. A fun read from start to finish.
Thanks for the summary—sounds like something I will want to read!

I was reading an unrelated article:

And for a while i thought look the Slovenians are training.

65891207.jpg

Yes.

As for the conflict of interests. The situation is a bit moot. From national team point of view i feel they are all professionals. As for the rest. To me it comes down to the question if Hauptman would use some insight to help Pogačar on a pro race. And here i feel the answer might very well be yes. It might be Roglič is a bit more reserved because of that when participating in a national event. But this are just pure speculations based on some "common sense" food for thought.

TRENDING THREADS