• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Everybody needs a little bit of Roglstomp in their lives

Page 238 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jumbo was by far the best team today (AGAIN). They just got hit with incredibly bad luck.
Holy moly some people are clueless.

Read the previous posts.

A/Roglic was alone when he crashed (at that point he was the main GC guy, at least according to all logic). They'd already committed the rest of the team to help Jonas & left Rog to fend for himself (Jonas who FYI had a ridiculous bike swap disaster).

B/After the crash he was just behind the group alone & they f*cked him again.

He had Laporte with him at that moment.

One teammate for the guy who at that point on the road was their best GC option. Yeah, what utter sh*t.

Guys, you need to make split decisions. Wait for Roglic with Vingegaard and co. and lose what, 30-60 seconds more, or go all in with the Vingegaard-group and feed Roglic with the remaining helpers (Laporte, Hoydonck and a pretty tired Kruijswijk).

Imagine if this happened to any other team today. They would be totally screwed. Look at Ineos, only reason they are in the race still is because of Benoot and Wout. But they managed to salvage it for at least one of their leaders and lose nothing to Pogacar. And lets be honest now, do we really think Roglic is better than Vingegaard at Granon and Alpe d Huez? Because I definitely do not.

They rode an incredible race in my opinion. Great teamwork and super strong helpers. High class team performance today.

Reactions: kingjr
Read the previous posts.

A/Roglic was alone when he crashed (at that point he was the main GC guy, at least according to all logic). They'd already committed the rest of the team to help Jonas & left Rog to fend for himself (Jonas who FYI had a ridiculous bike swap disaster).

B/After the crash he was just behind the group alone & they f*cked him again.

One teammate for the guy who at that point on the road was their best GC option. Yeah, what utter sh*t.
So people are complaning about A) Wout not dropping instantly to help Vingegaard and B) Wout not staying with Roglic?

At that point, I think the most sensible thing to do was bring back Wout. Then Roglic crashes, and within a few minutes after the pave, Roglic has 3 men available.

Again, its incredibly hard to play this one better than Jumbo did. Backseat driving is so god damn easy, and nothing they can do apparantly pleases anyone.

Reactions: jsem94
Did anyone actually see him crash? Is there any video? I saw the crash with Ewan involved, but I didn't see Roglic there.

Somebody said in the race thread, that he had to put his shoulder back in. Incredible brave ride if true. I just hope he'll be ok and ready in the next stages.

• Wow
Reactions: Sandisfan
So people are complaning about A) Wout not dropping instantly to help Vingegaard and B) Wout not staying with Roglic?

At that point, I think the most sensible thing to do was bring back Wout. Then Roglic crashes, and within a few minutes after the pave, Roglic has 3 men available.

Again, its incredibly hard to play this one better than Jumbo did. Backseat driving is so god damn easy, and nothing they can do apparantly pleases anyone.

Specially during the carnage of a stage like this.

Reactions: Sandisfan
Specially during the carnage of a stage like this.
Yes. Roglic will never, ever find better support that he has right now. Roglic loses P-N without Wout, and Vingegaard most likely wins Dauphine riding for another team. This Tour they have the by far best team, but he crashed in yet another freak accident.

The team was tremendous as it has been since 2020. Grass is always greener, I guess.

Guys, you need to make split decisions. Wait for Roglic with Vingegaard and co. and lose what, 30-60 seconds more, or go all in with the Vingegaard-group and feed Roglic with the remaining helpers (Laporte, Hoydonck and a pretty tired Kruijswijk).

Imagine if this happened to any other team today. They would be totally screwed. Look at Ineos, only reason they are in the race still is because of Benoot and Wout. But they managed to salvage it for at least one of their leaders and lose nothing to Pogacar. And lets be honest now, do we really think Roglic is better than Vingegaard at Granon and Alpe d Huez? Because I definitely do not.

They rode an incredible race in my opinion. Great teamwork and super strong helpers. High class team performance today.
no question about it; what the hell has Jonas done so far is his carrer to be a team leader; its a joke what they have done today

• Wow
Reactions: acm and Sandisfan
Stupid me, decided to transfer my allegiance from Contador to Roglic. Between the two, crashes have killed Tour prospects for 2011, 2013, 2014, 2016, 2017 (I think?), 2021, and 2022. Savage. That's nearly 70% of Tours. And in the interim I cheered for Dumoulin. Haha.:oops:
You can count 2020 too. Roglic crashed in Dauphine before the Tour and wasn't 100% in that edition.

Yes. Roglic will never, ever find better support that he has right now. Roglic loses P-N without Wout, and Vingegaard most likely wins Dauphine riding for another team. This Tour they have the by far best team, but he crashed in yet another freak accident.

The team was tremendous as it has been since 2020. Grass is always greener, I guess.
more crap, we have seen how Jonas performs as team leader....

Reactions: acm
I think it's a lot harder for a team to organize this stuff then some seem to think... DS's might not have all the information in the cars, riders might not hear everything they're being told and vice versa, and there is just generally a whole lot of confusion on a stage like this. I don't think they did Roglic dirty, I think they tried the best they could to save everyone, under the circumstances.