• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Everybody needs a little bit of Roglstomp in their lives

Page 250 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Could be or else Jumbo doesn't have their priorities straight, I'm betting on the latter. It could also be that Wout is playing with Jumbo's balls and the whole competition with it. But who am I to say? Fact is if Jumbo wants to win this Tour, then they have to put Wout in his place.

IMO Wout and his ego knows no boundaries and TJV just let him go.

I made that my avatar before you even posted that

Holy sh*t! I noticed the avatar change but I didn't look closely at the actual picture.

Yeah this one needs to be immortalized forever, so no one forgets what those incapable ingrates at Jumbo have done in this TdF.

I'll rewind months & months ago (last year, even , I believe), i.e. back to an interview in which Roglic said the team would need to make WvA's green ambitions work with the yellow jersey ambition in the 2022 TdF (after WvA had publicly put pressure on the team to deliver his goals), with Roglic also saying Sepp Kuss (for example) was capable of going for the mountain jersey, so whatever a rider can do himself needs to work within a team unit (words to that effect).

The interview will still be around somewhere (it was probably linked here). Well, what we've seen so far is a total, total fail. It's the WvA Netflix show with Vingegaard (aka supporting actor in his 'masterpiece') who just looks happy to be GC leader within the team now. Rogla meanwhile was killed off quickly, like Ned Stark.

I mean. Wout went all out for Vingegaard on the cobbles. Can question JVs decision not to wait for Roglic but when he was asked to work for his teammates he single-handedly prevented a disaster. Also did his job in the train on the PdBF stage.
I don´t think it is lack of will to work or cooperate. More about the management being indecisive and over ambitious. Also slow to react and not make mid race adjustments.

I mean. Wout went all out for Vingegaard on the cobbles. Can question JVs decision not to wait for Roglic but when he was asked to work for his teammates he single-handedly prevented a disaster. Also did his job in the train on the PdBF stage.
I don´t think it is lack of will to work or cooperate. More about the management being indecisive and over ambitious. Also slow to react and not make mid race adjustments.
I'd think different DS supports different riders more, just like last year some wanted to support Jonas while others rather be safe with stage wins through Van Aert and Kuss. And I definitely agree on overambitious.

Reactions: skippo12

I don't know if they are indecisive, they apparently made the decision to support WvA to go for stages and the green and also support Roglic and Vingegaard. This just leads to situations where they need to split up support. That's not a result of indecision but the other way around. Might be a bad decision though.

I don't know if they are indecisive, they apparently made the decision to support WvA to go for stages and the green and also support Roglic and Vingegaard. This just leads to situations where they need to split up support. That's not a result of indecision but the other way around. Might be a bad decision though.

Indecisive when it comes to decision making mid race when they have to balance the goals and support. I think @noob point was spot on. Feels like the DS aren´t on the same page.

Reactions: noob
Lets just hope they can get the injuries under control. In that case and in my opinion Rogla can still achieve much on this Tour edition. Likely starting at around stage 11. Over there not even JV tactics play any real role. As long as you can hold on to the best or go faster you should be fine.

Reactions: Sandisfan
He is too strong, proud and combative to quit if he feels he can go until the Tour's end and even if it means not achieving an honourable place (podium) despite his injuries slowing him down.

Last year's crash was too much, this one is not so serious, so despite being reasonable to quit, he just won't unless he severely underperforms and the pain becomes unbearable.

Reactions: Sandisfan and noob
Considering the severity of the injuries. He can barely walk. And considering he still finishes with the best. I feel it's safe to say we were robbed of a great Tour edition again this year. Rogla again was robbed of the opportunity to win it. It's like having Đoković, Nadal and Federer. But they not really ever facing each other. Due to the injuries. I guess this is cycling paying for it. Not be more vigilant in attempts to reduce injuries in the peloton.

Hope that they don't do more damage. That is if injuries are too severe. Just move on and it's not like this is the last Tour edition. Or that there are no other races worth preparing for.

I think Rogla will attempt a long range attack at some point when he feels well. To put Pogacar under pressure, give himself a small chance of victory and also help Vinge.
If injuries are as bad as reported it's quite likely not gonna get much better.

This place of still being top 5 good while being in a lot of pain and being no threat to Pogacar is a pretty nasty purgatory for Roglic.

• Sad
Reactions: Carols
I am leaning towards abandoning and decision to be made on the rest day. Said that i can't ignore certain quality Rogla has. And that is his ability to resist, endure and to bounce back. Maybe hence the eagle will still spread his wings on Galibier and onward. As long as Rogla is in the peloton. That long you can't dismiss him. He just won't let you do that.

judging by his PDBF performance Primoz still has a lot to offer despite this. He will try something methinks at least to feel that he did all he could.
If he can't be a threat for Pogacar all he can do is choo choo a bit for Vingegaard, which is very likely not the plan. The plan seems to be to use him to attack Pogacar.

The problem with this is where is he gonna do it? A move on the Galibier or Croix de Fer will be shut down by Ineos. If he loses 2 more minutes in the Alps any real tactical leverage is gone. Today is very likely too early to try something.

If he can't be a threat for Pogacar all he can do is choo choo a bit for Vingegaard, which is very likely not the plan. The plan seems to be to use him to attack Pogacar.

The problem with this is where is he gonna do it? A move on the Galibier or Croix de Fer will be shut down by Ineos. If he loses 2 more minutes in the Alps any real tactical leverage is gone. Today is very likely too early to try something.

But can they, though? It's not irrational to expect they can't. Or for Rogla to at least being able to follow what is left standing. That would make much difference too.

But i know we now expect for a heavily injured rider to do miracles against strong filed. But then again we have seen one of such miracles on top of PDBF already.

But can they, though? It's not irrational to expect they can't. Or for Rogla to at least being able to follow what is left standing. That would make much difference too.

But i know we now expect for a heavily injured rider to do miracles against strong filed. But then again we have seen one of such miracles on top of PDBF already.
Maybe attacking Galibier works if you have a domestique in the breakaway and Ineos doms are all dropped.

Still I don't think it's unlikely Pogacar would close down Roglic on such a scenario.

TRENDING THREADS