• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Everybody needs a little bit of Roglstomp in their lives

Page 284 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
It stills amazes me how Roglic went from being the only rider that could challenge Pogacar in a GT to a little more than average rider in a period of 2 months!
Just my 0,20 cents on this, i’m sure that next year he will prove that he still has what it takes to win TDF! Just praying for a free hazard season preparation with Vinge, Poga, Roga and Bernal and for Ineos, Jumbo, UAE and whoever signs Roglic to
Bring their strongest domestiques so we can have a once in a lifetime TDF!

Well they let Groenewegen go too.

I think if Roglic really wants to leave to should let him for sure. He deserves that respect.

At Jumbo he will be down the picking order a lot now. Maybe Zeeman should check with Primoz what he thinks? ;)

I also feel strange that most of the "updates" about Roglic are coming from his management and a Dr. he is visiting for treatment....

Especially when you know that Jumbo prefers no communication about his knee injury a few months ago.

Reactions: Sandisfan
Well they let Groenewegen go too.

I think if Roglic really wants to leave to should let him for sure. He deserves that respect.

At Jumbo he will be down the picking order a lot now. Maybe Zeeman should check with Primoz what he thinks? ;)

I also feel strange that most of the "updates" about Roglic are coming from his management and a Dr. he is visiting for treatment....

Especially when you know that Jumbo prefers no communication about his knee injury a few months ago.
Nobody said Roglic wants to leave. Ineos is interested in him not vice-versa.
"A lot" when he is the only guy who can win a GT apart from Jonas.
What I feel strange is why you are still coming in this thread when it's already established you are a very biased hater. Aren't you tired after you criticized him for leaving and being so wrong in all your takes?

• Wow
Reactions: Sandisfan and acm
What I feel strange is why you are still coming in this thread when it's already established you are a very biased hater. Aren't you tired after you criticized him for leaving and being so wrong in all your takes?

I am definitely not letting myself be bullied out this topic :cool:.

And I am not a Roglic hater at all. I just want to know the story between him and Jumbo. Nothing wrong with that.

I am definitely not letting myself be bullied out this topic :cool:.

And I am not a Roglic hater at all. I just want to know the story between him and Jumbo. Nothing wrong with that.

He helped Jonas 1 entire time! How heroic of him!

Also the one time he has ever helped one of his teammates.

I have a lot of respect for Roglic, but the guy has been known to never ride for anyone than himself. Including when it comes to riding for medals for Slovenia in the World or Olympics.

I also get it. He is ambitious and is getting older so he knows he needs to grab every chance he gets.

And what should the Tour do to be respectful to Roglic? put bubblewrap around every corner so he cannot hurt himself?…Roglic is a rider who is known to fall often, last year he fell on a straight road, supposedly “attacked” by Colbrelli :rolleyes:
Sure you are not ;) Oh yes, you are a TJV and a Roglic hater, forgot to say that, perfect combo. Best case for your beloved Pogacar is if Roglic leaves and TJV is weaker next year.

• Wow
Not sure about your guys but atm I’m lighting up a candle praying that Roglic signs for Movistar so we can have a “El dia menos pensado” season 4 I’m Netflix ;)
We're gonna see him anyway in what Netflix did for the Tour. ;) He needs to be bought out so only Ineos and maybe Bora/UAE could afford that. Some people on twitter said this rumor of him to Ineos might being propelled by his agent so he could have some bargaining power regarding his choices. Of course Ellingworth could lie, we would know better after 1st August.

We're gonna see him anyway in what Netflix did for the Tour. ;) He needs to be bought out so only Ineos and maybe Bora/UAE could afford that. Some people on twitter said this rumor of him to Ineos might being propelled by his agent so he could have some bargaining power regarding his choices. Of course Ellingworth could lie, we would know better after 1st August.
As I said upthread: agents have motives too. A lot of times I'd say they are worse than the teams!

Just hoping that wherever he ends up next season he has the chance to be leader for TDF.

As I said upthread: agents have motives too. A lot of times I'd say they are worse than the teams!

I'd guess his agent does exactly what Roglic wants, or else he'd no longer be his agent.

To me from the outside it all looks like a typical example of 'unhappy sportsman'. Sh*t TdF, questionable team tactics, 3 team leaders with Roglic drawing the short straw in terms of support & bad luck etc.

I mean an argument could be made that Roglic going to the TdF 2023 with Jumbo Visma in the exact same conditions = definition of insanity, i.e. doing the same thing over & over again whilst expecting different results.

I'd guess his agent does exactly what Roglic wants, or else he'd no longer be his agent.

To me from the outside it all looks like a typical example of 'unhappy sportsman'. Sh*t TdF, questionable team tactics, 3 team leaders with Roglic drawing the short straw in terms of support & bad luck etc.

I mean an argument could be made that Roglic going to the TdF 2023 with Jumbo Visma in the exact same conditions = definition of insanity, i.e. doing the same thing over & over again whilst expecting different results.
But I'm guessing Roglic wants the TdF more than anything. So his agent would try to make sure Roglic gets protected status and TdF spot for 2023 otherwise he could leave. Kinda similar to Groenewegen except the sprinter would've been useless for a GC team while Roglic has a lot of value. Having an offer from a rival team like Ineos is a lot of leverage.

To all the guys and girls claiming Roglič would find a hard time establishing a leader status in Ineos - you are forgetting Roglič has been anihalating Ineos GC riders since July 2018. Bar Itzulia 2022 I'm pretty sure he beat all Ineos GC riders in all stage races he has finished. Unless he is on a clear demise - and in this case neither staying nor leaving TJV will help him - I can't see him not being a clear no1 GC rider in Ineos...

If he went to Ineos though, it is not guaranteed that he'd end up in a much better situation given that they started with many captains this time around already and Bernal might also be a factor again. But ofc the chance to be clearly the strongest of them would be much greater.

Injured, in pain, trying to heal for vuelta. How likely is he to have spoons to micromanage his agent and be in negotiations about switching teams?

To all the guys and girls claiming Roglič would find a hard time establishing a leader status in Ineos - you are forgetting Roglič has been anihalating Ineos GC riders since July 2018. Bar Itzulia 2022 I'm pretty sure he beat all Ineos GC riders in all stage races he has finished. Unless he is on a clear demise - and in this case neither staying nor leaving TJV will help him - I can't see him not being a clear no1 GC rider in Ineos...
And that's exactly why they hate him, he kicked their asses multiple times. Guys like Bernal&Thomas are not gonna greet him with open arms, they would see him as a threat. There is a reason why co-leaderships usually end up as failures. Geraint had a good relationship with Bernal and couldn't care less in being a domestique for him. Remember before TdF 2020, he was out of form and he refused to work for Bernal. Bernal knows his chances for TdF are really slim next year, he will ask for Giro along with his friend Martinez. Good luck to Roglic with Sivakov and Rodriguez as the guys to help him.

JV just had the triple-crown TdF. My guess is their budget will appreciate based on media exposure and increased sponsor interest. If they do nothing at all they at least don't let an asset like Roglic go to a rival with some of the added funds. That would assume he has no buy-out clause a suitor would pay which makes it a crazier circumstance if they lose him.

Reactions: Luthor
And that's exactly why they hate him, he kicked their asses multiple times. Guys like Bernal&Thomas are not gonna greet him with open arms, they would see him as a threat. There is a reason why co-leaderships usually end up as failures. Geraint had a good relationship with Bernal and couldn't care less in being a domestique for him. Remember before TdF 2020, he was out of form and he refused to work for Bernal. Bernal knows his chances for TdF are really slim next year, he will ask for Giro along with his friend Martinez. Good luck to Roglic with Sivakov and Rodriguez as the guys to help him.
Whose to say Sivakov and Rodriguez are bad helpers, both are talented riders. Just to discredit them just because they aren’t as good as other Ineos riders doesn’t mean they can’t help.

Reactions: Sandisfan and noob

TRENDING THREADS