• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Everybody needs a little bit of Roglstomp in their lives

Page 437 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Mitja also said that he had promised to Roglic's mum he won't give a push to Rogla on the climb, so the rider wouldn't get any kind of penalty in terms of seconds. So it was a very difficult decision for Mitja and like a seasoned pro, who thinks clearly in times of big pressure, he decided to wait for the mechanic to be the first to touch Rogla and only then he gave a helping hand to his friend. By acting like this he made his friend and his friend's mum (and a couple of millions other people) very happy.
Such an amazing story! :hearteyecat: :hearteyecat: :hearteyecat: :hearteyecat:

Reactions: Red Rick
I'll start by apologizing for finger waging, but do any of you ever just enjoy the moment?! PR just had a great performance (and likely won the GdI), but most posts are about "TdF, VaE, Worlds...". Who cares about Monday morning! Yesterday was a great day! Today will (likely) be a great celebration! Breath it in!
I enjoy the moment, but we are now past the moment. Time to hype him as Tour winner.

Your Giro winner

FxOxsdWXwAEPDha

FxO5PEDWIAIZLFV

FxO98_lWIAE072e

View: https://twitter.com/giroditalia/status/1662935280104382465?s=20

Last edited:
Someone needs to update the Grand Tour win and podium list for Roglic. I tried searching for it but I don’t remember the exact name of the thread.

The thing with all these young guns is that they win GTs before completing the top 10 set.

Reactions: SHAD0W93
That’s what it was, I was thinking The Grand Slam :tearsofjoy:

Reactions: Sandisfan
What's the power output on the little rascal Roglic?
Enough

Just watching the replay of the final stage and post-race. Why the hell is Primoz doing interviews, walking around drinking
beer in a regular yellow JV jersey, and not the pink jersey??????????????????
Maybe the regular jersey is more comfortable or he gave it to his family(wife) for safe keeping or to wear.

Well done maestro. Ah, the emotions one goes through whilst cheering for this man are a pure roller coaster.
Now, let us all hope he has a quick rest to heal up completely and on to the Tour.
He won this Giro pretty banged up, that leads me to believe that on top form he could smoke both Pog and Vinge. Let us just hope we get to see it in July.

Has anyone seen any solid information on the extent of Rogla's injuries from the crash?

The others directly involved were all put out of the race, which lends some credence to the notion that he was hurt badly enough to limit seriously his performance for many stages thereafter. And certainly, he rarely resembled the explosive Primoz we have come to know.

Yet Sepp Kuss, speaking just minutes after the TT victory sealed Rogla's overall win, implied that biding time and going all-in on the MTT was always part of the plan. We know that he "obsessed" over the penultimate stage ever since it was announced scouting the climb on foot and on two wheels.

Of course, the two are not necessarily incompatible or mutually exclusive. Just curious what the forum may have seen in the world cycling press and social media.

Has anyone seen any solid information on the extent of Rogla's injuries from the crash?

The others directly involved were all put out of the race, which lends some credence to the notion that he was hurt badly enough to limit seriously his performance for many stages thereafter. And certainly, he rarely resembled the explosive Primoz we have come to know.

Yet Sepp Kuss, speaking just minutes after the TT victory sealed Rogla's overall win, implied that biding time and going all-in on the MTT was always part of the plan. We know that he "obsessed" over the penultimate stage ever since it was announced scouting the climb on foot and on two wheels.

Of course, the two are not necessarily incompatible or mutually exclusive. Just curious what the forum may have seen in the world cycling press and social media.

I think the weather conditions + crash (which required stitches) did a play role on Monte Bondone. I think the original plan was definitely to smoke the field in the final ITT (Remco included, if he was still there) but his injury certainly had an impact. How much so? We'll probably never find out.

But a GT evolves in a really organic manner, which means his rivals (mainly Ineos) went from expecting him to attack when he was just sitting 2 seconds behind to eventually believing their own guy was stronger when the attacks never came (or weren't hard enough to cause a separation).

And Thomas put in a phenomenal performance in that final ITT as well, i.e. for such a big guy that was an extraordinary climbing performance on those gradients and on that sort of surface. So Ineos weren't exactly wrong, it's just Rog put in the sort of super performance which they've never been able to live with since the emergence of the Rog/Pog generation.

I think the weather conditions + crash (which required stitches) did a play role on Monte Bondone. I think the original plan was definitely to smoke the field in the final ITT (Remco included, if he was still there) but his injury certainly had an impact. How much so? We'll probably never find out.

But a GT evolves in a really organic manner, which means his rivals (mainly Ineos) went from expecting him to attack when he was just sitting 2 seconds behind to eventually believing their own guy was stronger when the attacks never came (or weren't hard enough to cause a separation).

And Thomas put in a phenomenal performance in that final ITT as well, i.e. for such a big guy that was an extraordinary climbing performance on those gradients and on that sort of surface. So Ineos weren't exactly wrong, it's just Rog put in the sort of super performance which they've never been able to live with since the emergence of the Rog/Pog generation.

According to Slovenian press there was always plan to attack the pink jersey on final MTT and Rogla was obsessed with that final climb. I guess that fall has changed dynamic in the mountains so JV were riding even more conservative but we will never know. I am almost certain that they did not want to be half of minute behind and put everything on the line for stage 20.

TRENDING THREADS