• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Everybody needs a little bit of Roglstomp in their lives

Page 552 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Pantani is arguably one of the most charismatic riders of the past 30 years. A true legend that was catapulted into stardom due to the circumstances surrounding his tragic and early death. And yet there are currently several riders with a better palmares that are not legends no matter how much they will win.

Being legendary is not about PCS or UCI points. It's about a style, a pathos. One sees how life and cycling are united in every attack or every crash. It's not only a job for them. And this is what draws fans into cycling.

I'm quoting this old post from March because pathos is the correct term here to describe this rider, definitely. Only Primož freaking Roglič on the day he announces his departure from his team of forever will then casually stomp Pogačar in such an efficient way. Bravo.

I enjoyed that finish. I also enjoyed the supporting cast as well, i.e. Pog, Carapaz, Mas... the Yates brothers. It was like a high school reunion of his greatest rivalries during his Jumbo years.

Great stuff.

I'm quoting this old post from March because pathos is the correct term here to describe this rider, definitely. Only Primož freaking Roglič on the day he announces his departure from his team of forever will then casually stomp Pogačar in such an efficient way. Bravo.

I enjoyed that finish. I also enjoyed the supporting cast as well, i.e. Pog, Carapaz, Mas... the Yates brothers. It was like a high school reunion of his greatest rivalries during his Jumbo years.

Great stuff.
Everyone in the finale, EVERYONE just eyeballed him waiting for his jump. He looked to have another km in his legs at that speed if he needed it. To all critics that suggest he's not a real sprinter; ask Tadej.
Hopefully more to come.

uKjmY5fkQqBwF7GJwW235o-970-80.jpg.webp

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cWc7vYjgnTs

Uh, this older men, the range. Beautiful maestro, just beautiful.

How many all-time greats are there? Is Rominger one of them?

Less than that can do. He's a legend to me and the only one who can rival Tommeke.

There are a lot, and yes, of course a guy who won three Vueltas, a Giro and two times Lombardia is one of them.

I do think that the Vuelta is much, much more prestigious these days than back when Rominger won it, though.

Reactions: Gregor_Slovenia