• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Fabio Aru discussion thread

Page 7 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
So podium in his second GT, amazing result. I'll take some credit here since I mentioned he could do it months ago.

He's surely a rider who can suffer a lot. He looks in trouble very early, but then keeps fighting like very few riders can do.
He still lacks something in the multi mountain stages. Superb in Montecampione and on Grappa, just very good Tuesday and today.

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
Yep, incredible result for him. :)

Before the Giro I had him down for a definite top 10, top 5 at best. Podium is beyond what my expectations were.

I was also impressed today with how he kept coming to the front when Quintana and Uran went up the road even though it was clear he was suffering the effects from the TT yesterday.

May 17, 2014
Visit site
Seeing him in the top 3 at the end of the Giro is a nice surprise for me. Starting from the Montecopiolo I became a big fan. I just hope he'll focus on the Giro for the following years, getting a win or 2 is a great possibility.

PirazziAttacksVino said:
Seeing him in the top 3 at the end of the Giro is a nice surprise for me. Starting from the Montecopiolo I became a big fan. I just hope he'll focus on the Giro for the following years, getting a win or 2 is a great possibility.

I think he'll also fit very well in a 1 mountain only per stage Vuelta parcour, as it seems he doenst handle multi mountain stages quite as well yet.

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
Yes very impressive performance but i have seen too many one hit wonders to sing his praises too loud. Anyone remember Oscar Sevilla or Aitor Gonzales the pair if them burst through in a GT and then sank like stones, as a consequence i shall only pencil him in as a future contender and hope for the best.

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site
Fabio Aru

Now this gyu seem really likable to me. No hair grease and those big teeth... You have to feel for him somehow. It's funny. Looks like he's incredibly talented. Would like to see take him on guys like Froome, Contador, Valverde and so on.

So his official nickname looks to be THE MOUFLON, which is widespread in Sardinia

sitraACT640806_64622_mouflon.jpg