• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Fabio Aru discussion thread

Page 23 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

ray j willings said:
SeriousSam said:
I'm really looking forward to Landa v Aru at the Giro next year. Perhaps throw in Porte a well.

Porte :D You and your Sky delusions
Well, Porte wont ride for sky anymore, which makes him a quite likable rider. :D
Personally I still think its possible that one day porte will do a gt without a bad day and in such a gt he would be extremely dangerous for the gc

imho
fab has a great career ahead of him with very good future gc winning potential

right now
he would make more friends and allies being nib's bee-arch for a wee while longer and doing his best to demonstrate some maturity and patience
these are difficult attributes to acquire at such a young age

lrp v's landa v's aru in a giro.......

i'd get out of bed early to watch that one

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
I like his elegant climbing style. No unnecessary upper body movement. Maximum efficiency.

bettiniphoto_0222124_1_full_670.jpg

Jun 18, 2012
Visit site
aru did well then if ill on last stage

will be better for TT , will limit losses to 15 or 20 seconds
will attack like mad with landas help
will win a stage an take back red, attacking uphill an extending it downhill

aru by 30 seconds

Isaak-Gabriel said:
SeriousSam said:
I like his elegant climbing style. No unnecessary upper body movement. Maximum efficiency.

Great mental strength too
Now its getting complicating.
Was the first comment sarcasm and the Isaak didnt get it, or was the first sarcasm and the answer too? Or am I completely stupid and both were meant seriously? Or was the first one meant seriously Isaak thought it was sarcasm and made a sarcastic answer :eek:

Gigs_98 said:
Isaak-Gabriel said:
SeriousSam said:

Great mental strength too
Now its getting complicating.
Was the first comment sarcasm and the Isaak didnt get it, or was the first sarcasm and the answer too? Or am I completely stupid and both were meant seriously? Or was the first one meant seriously Isaak thought it was sarcasm and made a sarcastic answer :eek:
My answer was serious because my English is pretty bad and I didn't understood the joke, yeah... since I read your message I know it's sarcasm :D

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
Agreed. Aru is strong mentally. I was sure he would implode. When I saw him drop back at the beginning of the climb. And take a Gel. But he was able to duplicate his Giro effort. And destroy himself in the last 1k.

Kid has a heart like a Spainard. I enjoy watching...The Great AC

Chapeau

Aru's greatest strength is his will power. I don't see him as a particularly talented rider, but his mental strength is so high that it compensates everything else. Ultimately, the will to win is what will make him one of the best. Much like Cristiano Ronaldo who worked his ass off everyday to be as good as he is today...

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
Re:

lenric said:
Aru's greatest strength is his will power. I don't see him as a particularly talented rider, but his mental strength is so high that it compensates everything else. Ultimately, the will to win is what will make him one of the best. Much like Cristiano Ronaldo who worked his ass off everyday to be as good as he is today...

Lots of footballers work as hard as Cristiano Ronaldo. Most of them never even make it to the Premier League or La Liga because they don't have his incredible talent and athleticism.

I doubt Aru is working any harder that many of the top cyclists. I doubt he's capable of going into the red to a greater extent than cyclists that don't have memorable pain faces. Like Nairo.

SeriousSam said:
lenric said:

Lots of footballers work as hard as Cristiano Ronaldo. Most of them never even make it to the Premier League or La Liga because they don't have his incredible talent and athleticism.

I doubt Aru is working any harder that many of the top cyclists. I doubt he's capable of going into the red to a greater extent than cyclists that don't have memorable pain faces. Like Nairo.

Ronaldo has that physical capacity, because he worked for it. When he went to MUnited, he was thin and fragile. 5 years later, his physic changed dramatically. It's called great effort. He worked his body to be a prolific goal scorer. Loads of power, to withstand physical duels, to jump high and to sprint faster.
There are several reports from his team mates saying that after every training session, he was the only one that kept training. Doubt that lots of footballers have done that.

I'd agree with you if you said that his career was well planned by his agent. Otherwise no.
There's a documentary about him made by Nike (I think) where he was physically tested and compared to his former self. Check it out.

lenric said:
SeriousSam said:
lenric said:

Ronaldo has that physical capacity, because he worked for it. When he went to MUnited, he was thin and fragile. 5 years later, his physic changed dramatically. It's called great effort. He worked his body to be a prolific goal scorer. Loads of power, to withstand physical duels, to jump high and to sprint faster.
There are several reports from his team mates saying that after every training session, he was the only one that kept training. Doubt that lots of footballers have done that.

I'd agree with you if you said that his career was well planned by his agent. Otherwise no.
There's a documentary about him made by Nike (I think) where he was physically tested and compared to his former self. Check it out.

Is he a favorite for the red jersey? :p

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
Congratulations Fabio Aru, winner of the 2015 Vuelta.

Will he target the Giro & Vuelta double again next year? I mean, he probably wants to do the Giro and since Froome, Quintana, Valverde and Contador are all riding the Tour, his opposition will be very beatable, depending on which LRP shows up. And then he may well do the Vuelta again.

2017, then, he can start attacking the Tour.

Sep 1, 2015
Visit site
As an italian (Aru), i think he will try to win 'Il Giro' before 'Le Tour'. No doubt about it. Besides that, Nibali is Astana's main leader so he will ride in 'Le Tour'.

TRENDING THREADS