• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Fabio Aru discussion thread

Page 29 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Quite interesting quote from Aru's coach:

Fabio still not physically fully mature but that will make it extremely interesting to work with him. He’s got the numbers to be a real champion and the mentality to back it up. The truth is we don’t really know his limits

Also

I like linear progress rather exploits and Fabio has followed a constant development

Any references? :rolleyes:

At the 2014 Giro d’Italia he won a stage and was third overall... finishing fifth in the Vuelta and winning a stage.

This year he won two stages at the Giro and was second overall behind a rider of the calibre of Contador. Then in Spain he proved his ability by winning the Vuelta.”

What will 2016 be?
Anything possible.

Re: Re:

roundabout said:
GuyIncognito said:
bassano said:
huge said:
Aru still not ready to win the Tour, but he definitely has got podium chances. And then who knows... when you are there, anything can happen.
But he must step up big time in his TT skills. You are never gonna win the Tour with poor TT performances, unless your name is Pantani and you can put minutes on your opponents in the mountains. Not Aru's case.

Like Sastre, Pereiro or Schleck?

Pereiro and Schleck didn't win it, they just inherited a statistic.
Sastre was 10th in the TT just 2 minutes behind Cancellara over 53kms. That's not a poor TT performance, it's very good

Can anyone else spot a contradiction in this post?

Nice catch, did not notice that before your post

1. There ain't no long, pancake flat tt's in the Tour anymore these days.
2. Schleck and Pereiro ain't won no Tour on the route.
3. Sastre in fact rode a pretty good tt while Evans rode a worse one if my memory is correctly.

Rasmussen would've won the Tour as a pure grimpeur. Although he bravely limited his losses as well in 2007.

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
Holy crap, that's one hell of a tan :eek:
3746370-004-k2AC-U1301058241010xoD-620x349@Gazzetta-Web_articolo.jpg

3746368-k2AC-U1301058241010exG-620x349@Gazzetta-Web_articolo.jpg

Surprised by the fact this thread is so dead. Maybe it has something to do with Aru not showing anything so far.

Have anyone heard from him or Astana recently - whats his goals, shape and feeling about the Dauphine? I'd assume he would monster peak for the Tour, but with Nibali on board now, I think he would have to show something now. I very much like Aru and his aggressive nature, I hope he does well.

Re:

Valv.Piti said:
Surprised by the fact this thread is so dead. Maybe it has something to do with Aru not showing anything so far.

Have anyone heard from him or Astana recently - whats his goals, shape and feeling about the Dauphine? I'd assume he would monster peak for the Tour, but with Nibali on board now, I think he would have to show something now. I very much like Aru and his aggressive nature, I hope he does well.

I like watching him in GT's, but I wish he was more active in week long races. Surely he's getting closer to form, but I haven't read anything official from the team.

Re:

Valv.Piti said:

Nothing to expect in Dauphine, he's there to put km in his legs, I think he'll be somewhere like Nibali in 2014, top ten maybe then monster peak for Le Tour.

Re: Re:

Rollthedice said:
Valv.Piti said:

Nothing to expect in Dauphine, he's there to put km in his legs, I think he'll be somewhere like Nibali in 2014, top ten maybe then monster peak for Le Tour.
I think so too, only that Aru's monster shape will still not be enough to get on the podium if nobody else has bad luck or a completely messed up preparation.

He was on an altitude training camp at Sestriere recently. Postet few snaps from it on Instagram.

He ain't gonna show much shape at the Dauphine I guess. It's all about the Tour. Maybe Astana got it right and he's gonna surprise us. Maybe he struggles to eventually archive top 5 spot and jumps on to the Vuelta with full horsepower.

TRENDING THREADS