• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Fabio Aru discussion thread

Page 50 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
Re: Re:

Matteo. said:
Arredondo said:
His recovery seems to be a problem. His shape has dropped significantly in the third week

Also in the second week he wasn't so good.
None remember Mont di Chat? He was near to be dropped two times
Aru is just not that geat when it's a really hard stage/a war of attrition, he's better on easier stages with a long/hard climb at the end. I think the lack of racing miles also plays a part.
Still, this time h managed t limit his losses without a team to help him.

glassmoon said:
Lexman said:
So he's going to the Vuelta, good news for the Vuelta, otherwise Froome might have a free ride now with Aru and Lopez that could become more of fight...
He looked completely spent at the end though. But we know he'll attack regardless :D

I think he looked spent because he was sick. If he has recovered from that, he could do pretty well. He should be a genuine contender for the win.

Sep 12, 2016
Visit site

Jspear said:
glassmoon said:
Lexman said:
So he's going to the Vuelta, good news for the Vuelta, otherwise Froome might have a free ride now with Aru and Lopez that could become more of fight...
He looked completely spent at the end though. But we know he'll attack regardless :D

I think he looked spent because he was sick. If he has recovered from that, he could do pretty well. He should be a genuine contender for the win.
Maybe he was sick because he was spent... Illness is often spoken about as some external aspect that riders have to deal with, but I think high level performance and (the risk of) getting ill influence each other. Aru should nonetheless be a contender! :)

TRENDING THREADS