• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Favorite quotes from the peloton

Page 11 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Must be Dave Z. Here's a typical interview ..

TV2: So what's your plan for today?
Dave: I'm going to drink a lot of water.
TV2: And what about the race?
Dave: I'm going to do the race also. AND drink a lot of water.

TV2: How are you today?
Dave: I'm fine, thanks, how are you?
TV2. Fine.

Bump.

This is one of the best things on here, so why the hell is it back here.

I want to put in a quote from Jose de Cauwer, I don't know when he said it, but when he did my brother and I couldn't stop laughing.

"Ze zijn 't kaf van 't koren aant smijten hè"

Dunno if it's a typical Flemish though. But to a Dutch person it's just too funny.

Then for the Anglo's

Brank Tankink on Ricco after the latter's positive in the Tour 2008

"What would you say to him?"
"I'd punch him in the face. That's what I did yesterday by the way, in the descent, cause he's just such a brat. [continues rant]"

ow come on! De Cauwer and Wuyts say a lot of unnecessary things. They have indeed knowledge, but sometimes they're completely mistaken. Yesterday they kept talking about Ten Dam riding for LottoJumbo...plus they really overhype every Belgium move. A rider from Belgium just has to blink and they get enthusiastic. Dutchies Ducrot and Dijksta also talk a lot of nonsense sometimes, but I prefer it above Sporza.

Vesica said:
ow come on! De Cauwer and Wuyts say a lot of unnecessary things. They have indeed knowledge, but sometimes they're completely mistaken. Yesterday they kept talking about Ten Dam riding for LottoJumbo...plus they really overhype every Belgium move. A rider from Belgium just has to blink and they get enthusiastic. Dutchies Ducrot and Dijksta also talk a lot of nonsense sometimes, but I prefer it above Sporza.

The Dutch are also funny. Only Ducrot knows his *** and and he has the somebof the best oneliners. Dijkstra only does the biggest races, amd even then hes just there for the casual audience, he knows nothing amd only talks scenery. Smaller races they put Mart smeets with ducrot, but he fucks up all the names and saysbthe 5 things he always says. The Belgians know so much more about the sport, though Wuyts sometimes annoys me.

The dutch are pretty bad in their hyping of dutch riders as well.

I sometimes like the spajish or italiaj commentary on streams or videos, even though I barely understand whatbtheyre talking about

Smeets commentary is ridiculous, keeps saying Tamarai instead of Taramae for example. He was really good in his late evening talkshow at the Tour. Last year sucks, but now we got Herman!

sorry non-dutchies, I went a bit off-topic :D

Italian or Spanish streams are indeed not that bad.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts