• The Cycling News forum is still looking to add volunteer moderators with. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Favorite quotes from the peloton

Page 12 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Vesica said:
ow come on! De Cauwer and Wuyts say a lot of unnecessary things. They have indeed knowledge, but sometimes they're completely mistaken. Yesterday they kept talking about Ten Dam riding for LottoJumbo...plus they really overhype every Belgium move. A rider from Belgium just has to blink and they get enthusiastic. Dutchies Ducrot and Dijksta also talk a lot of nonsense sometimes, but I prefer it above Sporza.
As a German I'm not biased towars NL or Belgians, but I have to say that Wuyts and De Cauwer are infinitely better than any dutch TV commentator I've heard. And they're better than any of the German or English commentators as well.

kingjr said:
Vesica said:
ow come on! De Cauwer and Wuyts say a lot of unnecessary things. They have indeed knowledge, but sometimes they're completely mistaken. Yesterday they kept talking about Ten Dam riding for LottoJumbo...plus they really overhype every Belgium move. A rider from Belgium just has to blink and they get enthusiastic. Dutchies Ducrot and Dijksta also talk a lot of nonsense sometimes, but I prefer it above Sporza.
As a German I'm not biased towars NL or Belgians, but I have to say that Wuyts and De Cauwer are infinitely better than any dutch TV commentator I've heard. And they're better than any of the German or English commentators as well.

Well, when nothing is happening, Ducrot stories can be pretty awesome, but when *** is happening, you want to hear the Belgians, except for when there's Belgians involved.

Oscar Friere to Juan Antonio Flecha during Brabantse Pijl (can't remember what year):

OF: "How many more laps are there?"

JAF: "There are 500 meters to the finish!"

Freire went on to win the race.

For those not familiar with Freire, he was known to be bit of an eccentric, laid back, but extremely talented rider.

Re:

Kwibus said:
Jose de Cauwer is the best cycling commentator that I know of. Doesn't say unneccesary things, no stupid things. Has a looot of knowledge. Just great, hope he doesnt retire.

if I have someone who is really the best, it is Cassani for me, he do not comment for RAI anymore but he was perfect, noone I heart was even close to him
but this one you are saying I do not know and if he is commenting in Dutch I unfortunatelly will never know because lack of my knowledge of language

kingjr said:
Vesica said:

Amen! From a dutch person.
Sure Wuyts can be terribly annoying and hyping belgians (I don't think de Cauwer does so), but they are belgians on Belgium tv so I have to deal with it.
The knowledge these guys have surpasses dutch commentary by miiiiiles.

Kwibus said:
kingjr said:
Vesica said:

Amen! From a dutch person.
Sure Wuyts can be terribly annoying and hyping belgians (I don't think de Cauwer does so), but they are belgians on Belgium tv so I have to deal with it.
The knowledge these guys have surpasses dutch commentary by miiiiiles.

Back in Rabofails days, the tv in the bus was set to Sporza (belgian tv). When they asked why they said it had better commentary.