• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Favourite "Dirty" Performance

Page 10 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
May 26, 2010
Visit site
there is black humour, to be able laugh at anything, why? why not?

LA it is generally perceived by those who are not 'fanboys' that LA accelerated his chances of contacting testicular cancer due to his alleged high use of HGH and other steroids as a teenager.....so he is hardly an innocent victim of what is a terrible disease....he now purports to be its saviour, but in reality it is felt he is using this for huge personal financial gain.

Now if you cannot agree with this, you would be better not reading the clinic part of this forum, as i along with others i imagine will not stop calling him by these beautiful terms of 'endearment'.

to me he is the largest tumour in the sport at the moment but not the only one, butif you can cut him out and all the other tumours related, hog etc..there maybe hope the victim, ie cycling will survive in a cleaner better way of life..

A

Anonymous

samerics said:
You really don't get it do you? Would you approve if someone made mocking remarks if your mother had had a mastectomy? Mock the actions, not the result of his cancer, ffs. Juvenile.

No, I get the fact that The Uniballer is not related to you. I get that. I also get that you are not the arbiter of my conduct, and that all of your attachment of meaning to the name means nothing to me. You are CHOOSING to be offended. You can also choose not to be.

No I am not getting it, because the two things are completely unconnected.

When people are insulting Uniballer they are not insulting your mother. The only place the offense exists in is your head.

If we're talking about 'offensive'. I find it far more offensive that the Uniballer purports to some how speak for my friends and family who have had cancer. That somehow he has the monopoly on cancer, and that his fanboys think that they can tell people what is or is not appropriate to say about him. That somehow, if you attack the Uniballer you must 'love cancer' - 'everytime you insult the Uniballer a cute fluffy puppy gets cancer'.

I find it 'offensive' that you think that your experience of family with cancer trumps my experience of friends and family with cancer, that because your mother died you somehow have the right to tell others what they can or can not say about the Uniballer.

It is offensive to me that the Uniballer sells a lie for his own benefit to people with cancer. It is offensive to me that in eyes of many people he is the public face 'cancer' issues, when he is a lying, corrupt doper who has cheated his way to success. It offends me the false hope and lies he sells to people.

But I guess that my moral compass is just a bit ****ed up that way and I just don't think that doped up liars are the best people to speak for people with cancer.

May 25, 2010
Visit site
First off, everyone who weighs in on the doping issue brings a moral compass to a cycling forum. You guys get apoplectic with moral outrage about Armstrong, so nice one liner, but vacuous.

Secondly, using insults about a guy having one testicle after cancer, hate the guy or not, merely cheapens your argument. I gave you my circumstances because I wanted to illustrate that whoever suffers from it really suffers, separate issue. Despise his actions afterwards, fine, I hope the guy is hung out to dry and exposed as the bullying, control freak hypocrite he seems to be . Nothing wrong with black humour either, but when it is spiteful and mocking an awful illness then maybe you should stand back and take a closer look.

This started because I politely objected to the term you used, and I have not changed my view. Make your point fine, hate the guy, fine, but at least acknowledge that you cheapen your argument by mocking the results of the guys cancer.

There you go, moral compass righted. I await the new, ammoral Clinic! I won't hold my breath though :)

Moral outrage? Me ... never :p

Speaking of apoplectic, one could describe your reaction as the same. I do not think you are going to sway too many opinions and this being a forum, I would suggest that you put those who use terms you disagree strongly with on ignore.

A

Anonymous

samerics said:
First off, everyone who weighs in on the doping issue brings a moral compass to a cycling forum. You guys get apoplectic with moral outrage about Armstrong, so nice one liner, but vacuous.

Secondly, using insults about a guy having one testicle after cancer, hate the guy or not, merely cheapens your argument. I gave you my circumstances because I wanted to illustrate that whoever suffers from it really suffers, separate issue. Despise his actions afterwards, fine, I hope the guy is hung out to dry and exposed as the bullying, control freak hypocrite he seems to be . Nothing wrong with black humour either, but when it is spiteful and mocking an awful illness then maybe you should stand back and take a closer look.

This started because I politely objected to the term you used, and I have not changed my view. Make your point fine, hate the guy, fine, but at least acknowledge that you cheapen your argument by mocking the results of the guys cancer.

There you go, moral compass righted. I await the new, ammoral Clinic! I won't hold my breath though :)

My dislike of The Uniballer is because of his actions toward others. The doping part I could easily forgive.

As for me "cheapening" anything, I couldn't care less the social mores you deem offensive or distasteful. Those are your rules, derived from your own experience. They are not mine, and I am fairly certain that I didn't ask you what mine should be. The problem here is that you believe that you are going to convince me to adopt your "moral compass" but I already have one that I like just fine. I can also assure you that if I were looking for a new one, the last place I would check is the discount bin on some internet forum.

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
Favourite dirty performances?

Steve Morabito this past week. How convenient that he magically improved his climbing ten fold just in time for his home Tour. Thomas Frei, anyone?
He's a pure climber. If he's anything other than awful in today's TT he might as well just ride with a "EPO gives you wings" advertisement on his forehead.

May 25, 2010
Visit site
Ripper said:
Moral outrage? Me ... never :p

Speaking of apoplectic, one could describe your reaction as the same. I do not think you are going to sway too many opinions and this being a forum, I would suggest that you put those who use terms you disagree strongly with on ignore.

I replied on my mobile so didn't see your emoticon or get the irony, sorry :)

As for the rest of the stuff, I simply pointed out the obvious, and most decent people would see mocking a disability when done with malice is just plain, well, immoral:) I certainly won't ignore anyone, but I will shout if I disagree, it is a discussion forum, that's what people do on here when they're not mocking an affliction of course... :)

'Most decent people'? Again - since when have you been appointed the moral guardian of the majority of the population?

I am sure that most of those same decent people would consider lying and exploiting those with cancer for personal and financial gain to be far more immoral than name calling on an internet forum.

He does not represent anyone with cancer - and so insulting him does not in anyway reflect on those with cancer.

Ripper - I bring my moral compass for lots of reasons - but mostly to stop me becoming an apologist for an exploitative liar like Armstrong, or from using cancer as a crutch to support my arguments.

May 6, 2009
Visit site
Michael Rasmussen catching Piti at the Albi TT at the 2007 Tour. Either Piti was racing clean(er), or Chicken had some good quality dope going through his body.

May 25, 2010
Visit site
Mrs John Murphy said:
'Most decent people'? Again - since when have you been appointed the moral guardian of the majority of the population?

I am sure that most of those same decent people would consider lying and exploiting those with cancer for personal and financial gain to be far more immoral than name calling on an internet forum.

He does not represent anyone with cancer - and so insulting him does not in anyway reflect on those with cancer.

Ripper - I bring my moral compass for lots of reasons - but mostly to stop me becoming an apologist for an exploitative liar like Armstrong, or from using cancer as a crutch to support my arguments.

Err yup, most decent people consider mocking someone's suffering through the results of cancer a tad low, I hardly think you're in the majority on this one pal! And did I touch a nerve Mrs??? If the cap fits....

Have a nice day :-@

May 26, 2010
Visit site
samerics said:
Err yup, most decent people consider mocking someone's suffering through the results of cancer a tad low,....

how do you know?, i imagine most people on here know someone who has suffered, whether the outcome was positive or negative, with cancer....

bet they haven't gone on to use it to sell bikes, tv channels and not least books for their own personal financial enrichment.....

and when one does by golly should they, in the name of all those others who have suffered, be taken down....and taken down hard.

so lets hope Uniballer gets it sooner rather than later and it frees those that have suffered from this false idolater.

Well said Benotti.

No, Samerics, you haven't touched anything. Unlike you, I am not so arrogant that I think that I speak for other people.

I'm not so arrogant that I try to police what people say about people, I'm not so arrogant that I invoke my family to buttress my arguments, or to claim as you do, that my own experiences so how make my opinion superior to yours.

As I said at the start, I really don't care if you are offended by my use of the name Uniballer for the Uniballer. I certainly don't see it as comparable to mocking someone with a handicap and I certainly don't see how insulting the Uniballer is somehow insulting people with cancer.

May 25, 2010
Visit site
Benotti69 said:
how do you know?, i imagine most people on here know someone who has suffered, whether the outcome was positive or negative, with cancer....

bet they haven't gone on to use it to sell bikes, tv channels and not least books for their own personal financial enrichment.....

and when one does by golly should they, in the name of all those others who have suffered, be taken down....and taken down hard.

so lets hope Uniballer gets it sooner rather than later and it frees those that have suffered from this false idolater.

Is it a different planet on here?? We all know someone who has had cancer, and I'm clearly not likely to suggest that my experience is worse than anyones because I don't know anyone elses circumstances! When did I refer to anything after his cancer to justify not using childish, nasty insults about a cancer sufferer? And if you truly think that you are in the majority in believing that it is acceptable to mock the consequences of someone having cancer then you both live in a pretty ****ed up world. This has dragged on because the arrogant Mrs Murphy wouldn't even acknowledge that calling Armstrong the name he does is just a teensy bit childish and would not be acceptable when referring to someone disabled.

You are right, we all have the right to an opinion, but I find yours odious and juvenile, and I'm sure you will have something to say in return.

Oh, and a final one on your comment about not finding your moral compass on a "bargain bin" forum, well, 5500 posts says that you clearly put some store in it.....

See ya!

A

Anonymous

samerics said:
Is it a different planet on here?? We all know someone who has had cancer, and I'm clearly not likely to suggest that my experience is worse than anyones because I don't know anyone elses circumstances! When did I refer to anything after his cancer to justify not using childish, nasty insults about a cancer sufferer? And if you truly think that you are in the majority in believing that it is acceptable to mock the consequences of someone having cancer then you both live in a pretty ****ed up world. This has dragged on because the arrogant Mrs Murphy wouldn't even acknowledge that calling Armstrong the name he does is just a teensy bit childish and would not be acceptable when referring to someone disabled.

You are right, we all have the right to an opinion, but I find yours odious and juvenile, and I'm sure you will have something to say in return.

Oh, and a final one on your comment about not finding your moral compass on a "bargain bin" forum, well, 5500 posts says that you clearly put some store in it.....

See ya!

No, I was referring to your moral compass being one that would be found in a bargain bin. Plus, I come here to discuss cycling and subjects relating to cycling. Judging the content of your posts, you come here to be the moral police. I have found in almost ever instance where someone comes in preaching about their opinion of another's "morality" that the person doing the finger pointing usually has some pretty serious moral failings. Hint: we all have moral failings. If you are to the point where you can spend this much time being bitter over a term of endearment, I would suggest you might start looking within. Me, I come here to discuss cycling, and after this point, that is exactly what I will do.

Sorry you believe you are the arbiter of everyone's behavior. Must be a lonely world you live in.

May 25, 2010
Visit site
At 5400 posts may I suggest that you get a real life. I'm sat in a beer garden listening to a great band with mates, waiting for a beer to arrive :)

A

Anonymous

samerics said:
At 5400 posts may I suggest that you get a real life. I'm sat in a beer garden listening to a great band with mates, waiting for a beer to arrive :)

Now you seem to think you are capable of judging my life. Funny, you are really nothing but a sad little man looking to make yourself feel better by proving how moral you are, and how superior you are because you are getting ready to drink beer and watch a band. Well, I guess that settles it all then. You have a life and I don't....

I am lying in bed at my in-laws, relaxing while on vacation. It is my last vacation before I start law school, on scholarship. I have been clean and sober 19 years, so your beer fantasy wonder life doesn't really interest me. No, I will take my life. I am very happy with it. If I wanted a new one, I wouldn't shop for one in the discount bin of a beer garden.

May 26, 2010
Visit site
samerics said:

some mates, some band and some beer, if you'd rather post on this odious and juvenile forum in their esteemed company....

May 25, 2010
Visit site
Benotti69 said:
some mates, some band and some beer, if you'd rather post on this odious and juvenile forum in their esteemed company....

Ìt's called an Iphone, I was waiting for my beer, and certain people who are getting right on my tits!

See ya, this forum has too many twisted bile ridden idiots for my liking.

PS, go and get laid, it's better than putting 5400 posts on a cycling forum :)

samerics said:
Ìt's called an Iphone, I was waiting for my beer, and certain people who are getting right on my tits!

See ya, this forum has too many twisted bile ridden idiots for my liking.

PS, go and get laid, it's better than putting 5400 posts on a cycling forum :)

er, TFF said he was at his in-laws. Then you imply he can't get laid.

Logic 101, take it.

A

Anonymous

Libertine Seguros said:
er, TFF said he was at his in-laws. Then you imply he can't get laid.

Logic 101, take it.

Maybe I need to tell him that I also have two children. Some people are a little slow on the uptake.

Maybe he also needs to realize that sitting in a beer garden may pass for a "life" if your goal is to live like you are in a Michelob Ultra commercial, but in really it is just sitting in a beer garden. Lots of people do it. Some of those people are losers.

If he never comes back, well...I think the world will keep on spinning.

TRENDING THREADS