• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

FIFA World Cup 2014

Page 102 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
FoxxyBrown1111 said:
OK ... GER-ARG the 3rd... after losing 2-3 and winning 1-0 (on a doubtful penalty kick I admit)... my early pick is GER 7, ARG 1 (by Messi)

Only 7-1? I think Germany could make a run at double digits. Klose to make a run at 20 career WC goals of course.

Boring match for neutral supporters
heart rate 190 for argentina/dutch supporters.
Stupid penals, with Cilessen we had no chance. Good keeper, but not for penals.

Fair play to Argentina, they were the most dangerous side in the match, but not by much. Immediately after last penalty I switched off my tv and i'm going to sleep now.. don't want to watch

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
Sciocco said:
Only 7-1? I think Germany could make a run at double digits. Klose to make a run at 20 career WC goals of course.

LMAO. :D
... all Löw has to do is come up with a masterplan to keep Messi in check (and there is no doubt in my mind he´ll do), and then the win is in.

Jun 4, 2014
Visit site
FoxxyBrown1111 said:
LMAO. :D
... all Löw has to do is come up with a masterplan to keep Messi in check (and there is no doubt in my mind he´ll do), and then the win is in.

Don't worry Messi will keep Messi in check:p

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
Dekker_Tifosi said:
Boring match for neutral supporters
heart rate 190 for argentina/dutch supporters.
Stupid penals, with Cilessen we had no chance. Good keeper, but not for penals.

Fair play to Argentina, they were the most dangerous side in the match, but not by much. Immediately after last penalty I switched off my tv and i'm going to sleep now.. don't want to watch

Yea, I miss yesterday's match, but get to see some of this match and I could barely watch it so boring.

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
Amsterhammer said:
This game really deserved no winner.

Congrats to Germany, worthy world champions.

Thanks upfront. :)
The hardest part of this final will be to find the right bar; going to a friends pool party and jump into it after every Klose score, or go to my guys sports bar where we watch the NFL games in winter.

May 27, 2012
Visit site
FoxxyBrown1111 said:
Thanks upfront. :)
The hardest part of this final will be to find the right bar; going to a friends pool party and jump into it after every Klose score, or go to my guys sports bar where we watch the NFL games in winter.

Yea, horrible game, good outcome.

Tough luck for the Dutch, but it's very rarely that teams win two consecutive games on penalties.

Anyway they should be happy with their performance.

Nobody expected them to go so far.

Baring a miracle Germany should win on Sunday and players such as Lahm, Schweini and Klose would be richly deserving of it.

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
The game in general is in decline at the moment. Most of the elite countries don't have the same depth of great players that they once had before.