• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

FIFA World Cup 2014

Page 90 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
The Hitch said:
Though I cheer for Brazil, part of me thinks it would be embarassing if this Brazil squad wins a world cup- moreover the world cup.

Would any of this team make it to the 2002 Brazil team. I don't think even Neymar would get in. Maybe one of the centrebacks.

Yeah, Neymar sure as hell is better than Denilson was. ;) And I think Luiz and Silva would've made it. They fielded Roque Junior for gods sake. :D

But anyway, can Colombia please score the equalizer now?

Rechtschreibfehler said:
Neymar really looks like he is in some serious pain. At first I thought he'd just do the usual rolling around. This doesn't look good, if the back really hurts there is nothing you can really do in 3 days.

Meh, there's nothing wrong with him. Just the usual overreacting crybaby sh*t if you ask me. So annoying.

Real poor refereeing of that game, should have produced early cards

Really sad that Brazil resorted to kicking James out of the game, don't wan't Brazil to beat Germany now, and I never want Germany to win:mad:

Lets hope the winners come from the other half of the draw

Jun 4, 2014
Visit site
OK Colombia played bad today,but this Brazil team is a ****ing disgrace,this is Brazil just with name and still they made it to semis and can win this WC.And come to think that at WC 1990 with Romario,Bebeto,Branco,Careca,Aldair etc they couldn't get better than round of 16.

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
Kibbeling said:
Vamos Colombia ;)
I know:(,but this is not cycling and Selecao is in my heart since my childhood.:)
The Hitch said:
Though I cheer for Brazil, part of me thinks it would be embarassing if this Brazil squad wins a world cup- moreover the world cup.

Would any of this team make it to the 2002 Brazil team. I don't think even Neymar would get in. Maybe one of the centrebacks.
First point.Yeah,this is not great team,but hey who in this Cup plays well? (really i dont know,probably nobody)
Second,not too many,but dont be so harsh :-D Centerbacks,gustavu and of course neymar.

He didnt play well today,but still created two great chances,and his corners are real class,I closely follow them from group stage,quality indeed.
Hopefuly he will play against germany,that would be a hugeee blow for Brasil

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
ILovecycling said:
2-1
miss_brazil.jpg

:)
Hahaha my miss was precise again,lets keep this up:D

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
MBotero said:
OK Colombia played bad today,but this Brazil team is a ****ing disgrace,this is Brazil just with name and still they made it to semis and can win this WC.And come to think that at WC 1990 with Romario,Bebeto,Branco,Careca,Aldair etc they couldn't get better than round of 16.
Lets not get too overhyped by good ol' times.Probably everyone except bebeto was worse than neymar (according to same age)

Dazed and Confused said:
Knee right in the back with pace and power. It can do a bit of damage.
Plenty of crybabies, but not in this case.

In a sense though, the referee has to take some blame for this; the players would probably have had to pull a knife out to get a yellow card at one point, so of course they get more physical than necessary, because they're going to get away with it. Fernandinho, Paulinho, Marcelo, David Luiz and Tiago Silva could all have taken yellows in the first half before any cards were shown. Set the standard for where a yellow is, and then the players have to be more cautious - some would be on yellows, some would be concerned about potential suspensions, and the attacking players would get more room as a result. It allowed the Brazilians to kick Rodríguez out of the game for the first hour, sure, but they may have paid for it with Neymar.

Also, Julio César was quite lucky to only get yellow, Luiz was only just close enough to save him from the red.

Libertine Seguros said:
In a sense though, the referee has to take some blame for this; the players would probably have had to pull a knife out to get a yellow card at one point, so of course they get more physical than necessary, because they're going to get away with it. Fernandinho, Paulinho, Marcelo, David Luiz and Tiago Silva could all have taken yellows in the first half before any cards were shown. Set the standard for where a yellow is, and then the players have to be more cautious - some would be on yellows, some would be concerned about potential suspensions, and the attacking players would get more room as a result. It allowed the Brazilians to kick Rodríguez out of the game for the first hour, sure, but they may have paid for it with Neymar.

Also, Julio César was quite lucky to only get yellow, Luiz was only just close enough to save him from the red.

Still the overall line seemed consistent.
Don't mind some physicality if its shared across the board.

The Hitch said:
You think he would voluntarily substitute himself out of the game, costing his team a substitute and potentially risking not being able to play extra time or even take a penalty? To waste time which would later be added on anyway?

To waste time? Not really. The game was over at that point. However, I highly doubt he's as hurt as all the histrionics would indicate.

Arnout said:
Ronaldo before all his injuries was so good. A lot better than Neymar for sure.

The comparison is with the 1990 squad though, which is before original Ronaldo's time, because Brazil did badly at that World Cup.

I honestly didn't think much of the 2002 team, which won a very easy World Cup thanks to conning their way past Turkey and that the good teams on the other side of the draw were, apart from a very mediocre German team, all screwed over badly to let the South Koreans get through. Spain and Italy in particular got absolutely raw deals.

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
Arnout said:
Ronaldo before all his injuries was so good. A lot better than Neymar for sure.
I was talking about 1990,but still in 22 years,I would say he was pretty much even with neymar jr,or slightly worse.People forget what he does,he makes game all over the pitch,score goals,defends a lot,dives:p,free kicks (esp corners),penalties, he is the outright leader of the team of biggest favourite of the biggest football nation with the highest goals and with all of this he still plays great,with this immense pressure.I know a lot of people dont like him,but they should give him the credit he deserves.

imo 2002 is too overrated,there were great players,but the their game wasnt so divine,still probably better than in this WC,but so opponents arent so good either;)