• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Filippo Ganna Discussion Thread

Page 12 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
True, it's not like Remco lost the last important mid-length ITT he had vs Ganna.

Besides, Remco won the last world championships by 12 seconds. This is a pan flat 33km time trial. Evenepoel is not a shoo-in - and you're right, it may well be Tarling who takes gold.
It's only 33km? That's lame.

At any rate, doing a the Tour for GC is really bad prep for the Olympic ITT I think. But it's does work well enough for the road race.

Reactions: Sandisfan
It's only 33km? That's lame.

At any rate, doing a the Tour for GC is really bad prep for the Olympic ITT I think. But it's does work well enough for the road race.
Yeah it's a terrible length. But with that in mind (and Remco doing the Tour for GC) I really don't think it's a done deal for Evenepoel. He's still likely the favourite but a totally flat 33km TT with a mix of pure straights and a technical (ish) midsection is probably the time trial that is least suited to him, comparatively. It'll mostly be a test of pure power with a hint of bike handling (quite a few <90° corners where you can accumulate a few seconds).

Reactions: Sandisfan