• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Flandis in New Zealand

What the heck is Landis doing racing in new Zealand with what looks to be a small group of local bros? Did they promise him all the beer he could drink after the race?

Over at velonews' forum they are saying he won't be resigned for OUCH.

He has really hit bottom. I wonder what I would have to offer to get him to race the 24 hours of Moab with me.

What I never understand about this is. Why would you put up with it? Racing in New Zealand when your old friend, Lance, the one who introduced you to EPO and blood doping has made a comeback and is making more money per appearance than Landis could even hope to make for the remainder of his life. I would confess all and make money off selling the story. Has to be better than racing in New Zealand. No?

thehog said:
What I never understand about this is. Why would you put up with it? Racing in New Zealand when your old friend, Lance, the one who introduced you to EPO and blood doping has made a comeback and is making more money per appearance than Landis could even hope to make for the remainder of his life. I would confess all and make money off selling the story. Has to be better than racing in New Zealand. No?

Maybe Armstrong bankrolled his defense for an agreement not to talk about Postal. Landis certainly did not pay for it with contributions at book signings.

May 6, 2009
Visit site
thehog said:

BroDeal said:
Maybe Armstrong bankrolled his defense for an agreement not to talk about Postal. Landis certainly did not pay for it with contributions at book signings.

The other thing is, and I'm by no means a lawyer, unless Landis had photographic (or video) evidence, would Armstrong follow the same path as anybody else who has made damming allegations against him (and I would believe Landis here) and take Landis to court and through the power of his top lawyers, win any legal case? Otherwise I could see this happening when Tyler Hamilton spills his beans.

Aug 6, 2009
Visit site
I don't personally doubt that LA uses doping but who says that Landis actually knows anything? If I used doping I wouldn't want any more people to know than absolutely necessary.

BroDeal said:
According to Vaughters, FLandis has pictures of Postal's blood courier setup.

Wouldn't that be a nice way to have a secure pension when pro racing doesn't work out anymore? Depending on my personal responsibilities in life (friends, family) I would either make a super-strong case around ti, and publish it widely all in once, or sit on the same case, and have copies distributed in sealed package at lawyers and deposit boxes around the world.
Each package with different "not to be opened before" claused, till long after any untimely passing away.
Heck, I'd blackmail the offender post mortum even, as part of my will :)

Going at a trial with Lance during life, the justice system being what it is, seems a waste of time and resources. The only ones benefitting are the rich guy's lawyers, and who likes those?

I think this is the end of FLandis. He did his comeback season without managing to get into shape. Compare that to Rasmussen who has been tearing it up in Mexico. Ras is acting like he wants to get back to Europe. FLandis makes you wonder whether he still wants to race bikes.

Too bad. I would have liked to see him back in Europe.

Aug 25, 2009
Visit site
BroDeal said:
I think this is the end of FLandis. He did his comeback season without managing to get into shape. Compare that to Rasmussen who has been tearing it up in Mexico. Ras is acting like he wants to get back to Europe. FLandis makes you wonder whether he still wants to race bikes.

Too bad. I would have liked to see him back in Europe.

That was no minor op he had tho. I'd like to see how he goes next year b4 writng him off.

Oct 8, 2009
Visit site
Let it go.....

Damn damn damn dam.......floyd has put this dilemma behind him so wye are you guys putting it infront of you, give the damn man a break every one diserved to feed his or her family the way the seen it fit as long as they don`t envade your space stop acting like a bunch of woss, let it go man let it go.......sour pusses .......let him be :d

Bagster said:
LOL man you are so full of crap and it just keeps pouring out of you!!

"VAUGHTERS: yeah, it's very complex how [to] avoid all the controls now, but it's not a new drug or anything, just the resources and planning to pull off a well devised plan. It's why they all got dropped on stage 9- no refill yet-then on the rest day-boom 800ml of packed cells.

ANDREAU: They have it mastered. Good point.

VAUGHTERS: They draw the blood right after the Dauphine.

ANDREAU: How do they sneak it in, or keep in until needed. I'm sure it's not with the truck in the frig.

VAUGHTERS; Motorcycle- refrigerated panniers on the rest day. Floyd has a photo of the thing.

Don't people write in punctuated, structured sentences any more? Don't they learn spelling or grammar at school?

And it's the idiot, fanboy ranters mainly. It really diminishes their already weak points.

Aug 25, 2009
Visit site
Animal said:
Don't people write in punctuated, structured sentences any more? Don't they learn spelling or grammar at school?

And it's the idiot, fanboy ranters mainly. It really diminishes their already weak points.

I couldn't care less about it. If you can understand what they're saying, how does it diminish the point? Besides which, why do assume everyone here has english as there 1st language?

Animal said:

I think it may be because there many sock puppets of a few individuals, and one or two of them flunked out of junior high school. On the other hand, there may be a high correlation between Armstrong fandom and stupidity.

TRENDING THREADS