• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

FLandis Racing in Nevada City

Page 4 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Look, I don't have permissions to ban posters, yet. All I can do is delete his posts. Or lock or delete threads.

Which would be a LOT easier if you guys stop replying- because then I have to delete your reply while he is busy posting somewhere else.

So, I ask again - no off topic posts please

Jun 27, 2009
Visit site
Nevada City is a cool little town. I've been to the Nevada City classic a few times as it makes for great spectating. The drop away turn at the bottom of a high speed hill is just nuts. And then it's just right back to climbing. Here's a few shots from last year. Lance, love him or hate him, it was great racing and spectating watching these guys hammer up the hill for like maybe 25 laps?

Lance and Levi on the drop away turn, they were riding the new unpainted Tour bikes for '09,
nc1.jpg

nc2.jpg

Lance did bring out the spectators
nc13.jpg

It went like this every lap with either Lance or Levi leading
nc16.jpg

Jul 28, 2009
Visit site
Squares said:
I happen to be supported by publications in the top scientific journal in the world, Nature (Nature 454, 692-693).
That's not a peer reviewed article, it's an opinion piece. So in essence your opinion is supported by someone elses.

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
What sort of a place is this when a person can write a comment like the following:

Originally Posted by Eyjafjallajokull View Post
I know we're not allowed to criticise you, despite you always having a great deal to say about Armstrong and his fans, but this does make you a staggering hypocrite. You seem to know and accept that from other posts, so many you don't mind.

I don't say this with any anger, but it is something that should be put on the record so people can just for themselves the context of your attacks on others.

Edit.
http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/...prOGQD9FUPHRG0

And receive a reply full of personal attacks like these I have hi-lighted>

[QUOTE=Thoughtforfood;247548]You are right I don't mind being a hypocrite because we all are. However, my sad little mental case, Floyd admitted his wrongs, and because I value honesty about ones foibles above almost any other character trait, I am willing to give Floyd a break. The Uniballer has not come clean about anything, he abuses people who tell the truth, abandons his family for another woman who looks like his mother, makes money by using the suffering of cancer patients, and uses the suffering of cancer patients to cover his doping. I would respect him the same way if he were to become honest about these things, but he doesn't share something important with Landis (I think you will understand him on this as you are the same) he has no conscience. He has narcissistic personality disorder, and is incapable of empathy and moral behavior.

st because I thought this user name had been banned, but unfortunately I am was wrong. Off I go to the User CP to ignore you again. I will also report your posts, and soon you will be banned again. One last thing before I go, please get some help. Medication (a heavy amount) is your only hope. Also, please get a vasectomy as passing on your genetic make-up to the human race should be a crime.[/QUOTE]

These are interesting statistics: Join Date: Mar 2009 Location: Charlotte NC, Posts: 5,430, the vast majority of which I have read are either attacking LA, Cycling, or someone who has dared to disagree with him. And yet this person can believe he is the wronged party and can apparently believe he can get someone who points this out banned. Lewis Carrol would be proud of you.

Aug 25, 2009
Visit site
Oldnell said:
What sort of a place is this when a person can write a comment like the following:

I know we're not allowed to criticise you, despite you always having a great deal to say about Armstrong and his fans, but this does make you a staggering hypocrite. You seem to know and accept that from other posts, so many you don't mind.

I don't say this with any anger, but it is something that should be put on the record so people can just for themselves the context of your attacks on others.

Edit.

Thoughtforfood said:
You are right I don't mind being a hypocrite because we all are. However, my sad little mental case, Floyd admitted his wrongs, and because I value honesty about ones foibles above almost any other character trait, I am willing to give Floyd a break. The Uniballer has not come clean about anything, he abuses people who tell the truth, abandons his family for another woman who looks like his mother, makes money by using the suffering of cancer patients, and uses the suffering of cancer patients to cover his doping. I would respect him the same way if he were to become honest about these things, but he doesn't share something important with Landis (I think you will understand him on this as you are the same) he has no conscience. He has narcissistic personality disorder, and is incapable of empathy and moral behavior.

st because I thought this user name had been banned, but unfortunately I am was wrong. Off I go to the User CP to ignore you again. I will also report your posts, and soon you will be banned again. One last thing before I go, please get some help. Medication (a heavy amount) is your only hope. Also, please get a vasectomy as passing on your genetic make-up to the human race should be a crime.

These are interesting statistics: Join Date: Mar 2009 Location: Charlotte NC, Posts: 5,430, the vast majority of which I have read are either attacking LA, Cycling, or someone who has dared to disagree with him. And yet this person can believe he is the wronged party and can apparently believe he can get someone who points this out banned. Lewis Carrol would be proud of you.

Cyclingnews forum is not a neutral moderation system.

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Oldnell said:

Edit.

[QUOTE=Thoughtforfood;247548]You are right I don't mind being a hypocrite because we all are. However, my sad little mental case, Floyd admitted his wrongs, and because I value honesty about ones foibles above almost any other character trait, I am willing to give Floyd a break. The Uniballer has not come clean about anything, he abuses people who tell the truth, abandons his family for another woman who looks like his mother, makes money by using the suffering of cancer patients, and uses the suffering of cancer patients to cover his doping. I would respect him the same way if he were to become honest about these things, but he doesn't share something important with Landis (I think you will understand him on this as you are the same) he has no conscience. He has narcissistic personality disorder, and is incapable of empathy and moral behavior.

st because I thought this user name had been banned, but unfortunately I am was wrong. Off I go to the User CP to ignore you again. I will also report your posts, and soon you will be banned again. One last thing before I go, please get some help. Medication (a heavy amount) is your only hope. Also, please get a vasectomy as passing on your genetic make-up to the human race should be a crime.

These are interesting statistics: Join Date: Mar 2009 Location: Charlotte NC, Posts: 5,430, the vast majority of which I have read are either attacking LA, Cycling, or someone who has dared to disagree with him. And yet this person can believe he is the wronged party and can apparently believe he can get someone who points this out banned. Lewis Carrol would be proud of you.[/QUOTE]

Oldnell....as previously explained Eyjafjallajokull is a dedicated troll who comes on here to derail any objective discussion of Lance Armstrong's serial disohonesty. He kssps getting banned, then reappearing with a new username, and appears to have nothing else to do than try and derial the discussions we have for bizarre personal reasons. A lot of contributors here have totally lost their patience and are thus lashing out at him.

Plus right now, outside of the business enterprises that benefit from his malignant presence in cycling, only the deluded, disturbed and ignorant continue to defend and admire Mr. Armstrong. Those of us with in depth knowledge and experience of bicycle racing (not riding around with yellow wristbands and watching the Tour on TV) are now in the ascendancy.

Aug 25, 2009
Visit site
Mongol_Waaijer said:
Oldnell....as previously explained Eyjafjallajokull is a dedicated troll who comes on here to derail any objective discussion of Lance Armstrong's serial disohonesty. He kssps getting banned, then reappearing with a new username, and appears to have nothing else to do than try and derial the discussions we have for bizarre personal reasons. A lot of contributors here have totally lost their patience and are thus lashing out at him.

Plus right now, outside of the business enterprises that benefit from his malignant presence in cycling, only the deluded, disturbed and ignorant continue to defend and admire Mr. Armstrong. Those of us with in depth knowledge and experience of bicycle racing (not riding around with yellow wristbands and watching the Tour on TV) are now in the ascendancy.

pffftt:rolleyes:

As though that type of response has been limited to that one poster :rolleyes: Not even close

Dr. Maserati

BANNED
Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
Oldnell said:

It is the same 'sort of place' that allows comments like this:

Oldnell said:
I only visit this forum very occasionally because spending too much time in the sewer can cause one to become much like the regular inhabitants.

Brodeal, your statistics are interesting. Join Date: Mar 2009, Location: Above 5000 feet Posts: 5,748, nearly all of which are attacking LA, Cycling, or someone who has criticized you. You must be a really nice and kind person with lots of friends. :)

Oldnell said:

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
Oldnell said:

You convenient forget, or ignore, the fact that poster he is refering to has been banned from this board over 50 times and is clearly mentally unstable.

Barrus

BANNED
Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
Oldnell said:

Edit.

Thoughtforfood said:
You are right I don't mind being a hypocrite because we all are. However, my sad little mental case, Floyd admitted his wrongs, and because I value honesty about ones foibles above almost any other character trait, I am willing to give Floyd a break. The Uniballer has not come clean about anything, he abuses people who tell the truth, abandons his family for another woman who looks like his mother, makes money by using the suffering of cancer patients, and uses the suffering of cancer patients to cover his doping. I would respect him the same way if he were to become honest about these things, but he doesn't share something important with Landis (I think you will understand him on this as you are the same) he has no conscience. He has narcissistic personality disorder, and is incapable of empathy and moral behavior.

Do you know the history of that poster? It has been restated time and time again, why do you think his posts are deleted? He seems to truly have some sort of mental disability if he is so intend on post inflammatory remarks here while it has been made known to him that he isn't welcome here, time and time again. I do hope he seeks help and well, medication could be part of that.
Second, you only come on in particular periods of the year it seems and almost all your posts are attacking other posters and well defending LA.

If only you followed your own advise earlier:

This is my first and probably last post as I am appalled and disgusted by what I have read here.

BTW if you are staying, learn how to quote properly

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Thoughtforfood said:
I knew Floyd was lying almost from day 1 following his positive. I also believe very strongly that he is telling the truth as it confirms what many people have been saying for years about doping in general.

Well, this might be true yet Floyd is STILL lying, still claiming that his testosterone positive was false. Floyd's newest fanboys seem to conveniently forget that. Even when he allegedly tells the truth, he still lies.

I don't begrudge Floyd anything. He was a great rider in his day, I'm not particularly bothered by doping and he's doing what he thinks he needs to do. But he's still not willing to come fully clean.

A

Anonymous

but once again its not the troll disrupting the thread, its peoples reactions, and peoples arguments afterwards..

You have already been warned to keep this thread on topic. take it somewhere else. :confused:

May 5, 2009
Visit site
the majority of the people who criticise Floyd have no clue what he has gone through. They have no clue what it means that he is coming out and telling the sad truth about many riders. They have no clue what this means, having LA the king of corruption, terror and cycling omertà as enemy now, giving up all "friends". It takes guts what Floyd has done. I have been praying for this since 2006, that he finally tells the truth as I could feel that he didn't tell the truth and how he felt uncomfortable in that system of lies.

The people who accuse him, accuse him because he was doing everything that LA and most other cyclists do (lie, cheat, blackmail) and continue to do, and now that he finally turns to truth and honesty, they wanna stone him?!!! Imagine in what position he has put himself? Would have been much easier and more convenient to continue lying the rest of his life...

Floyd! A true hero! Now more than ever before! Stay with the truth!

Dr. Maserati

BANNED
Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
eleven said:
Well, this might be true yet Floyd is STILL lying, still claiming that his testosterone positive was false. Floyd's newest fanboys seem to conveniently forget that. Even when he allegedly tells the truth, he still lies.

I don't begrudge Floyd anything. He was a great rider in his day, I'm not particularly bothered by doping and he's doing what he thinks he needs to do. But he's still not willing to come fully clean.

Landis does not quite say his testosterone positive was false - he states that he was not using a testosterone gel during the 2006 Tour but he does not rule out that some other products (imo probably a blood bag) triggered the positive.

And he clearly states he was using PED's for the Tour in 2006.

Q: That would mean you also used them during 2006 Tour de France, or in training for it at least?
A: Yes ... I mean, I could sit and talk to you for hours about what I did or didn't do on any given day, but yes, I used them in every Tour de France I ever did.
Q: And again, that would mean that when you said you had never used performance-enhancing drugs after your positive test in 2006, that was not the truth. A: That was not true, correct.

He goes on to add:
Q: I realize this is not important in the bigger picture, but you would still contend that the test results that were obtained after Stage 17 [of the 2006 Tour de France] were not correct?
A: Yes, there must be some other explanation, whether it was done wrong or I don't know what ... The problem I have with even bothering to argue it is I have used testosterone in the past and I have used it in other Tours and it's going to sound kind of foolish to say that I didn't. I almost don't feel like arguing at this point. The whole reason I am doing any of this is because I just want to clear my conscience, and I don't want to lie to anybody anymore, including my mom, and I've just had enough of it.

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Dr. Maserati said:
Landis does not quite say his testosterone positive was false - he states that he was not using a testosterone gel during the 2006 Tour but he does not rule out that some other products (imo probably a blood bag) triggered the positive.

And he clearly states he was using PED's for the Tour in 2006.

He goes on to add:

Indeed, he claims the test was somehow wrong. That's an important distinction. But If you're trying to clean up the sport, continuing to claim that you received a false positive for the substance that got you banned is, well....Not a productive step towards your goal.

He just gives fodder to every rider out there who blames a false positive for his ban. Maybe his attorneys found implications if he confessed on that part? Who knows.

Dr. Maserati

BANNED
Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
eleven said:
Indeed, he claims the test was somehow wrong. That's an important distinction. But If you're trying to clean up the sport, continuing to claim that you received a false positive for the substance that got you banned is, well....Not a productive step towards your goal.

He just gives fodder to every rider out there who blames a false positive for his ban. Maybe his attorneys found implications if he confessed on that part? Who knows.
So, to clean up the sport - you would prefer that Floyd lies?

Even though in an earlier post you said -"I'm not particularly bothered by doping".

So you would prefer if Floyd lies to clean up doping even though doping does not bother you.

Oct 6, 2009
Visit site
Last year Cyclingnews had articles about both the men's and women's races at Nevada City. This year, no articles on CN yet, and nothing on Velonews. Is anybody planning to cover this race, or have LA's minions put the kibosh on that or what?

The only coverage I can find is on this thread, and the trolls have done their damnedest to squelch that. The fact that Floyd had the guts to race seems to have p!ssed some people off.

TFF - looking forward to seeing your photos. It may be the only coverage the race gets. Pretty sad considering it was the 50th anniversary of the event, and only a few weeks ago LA was tweeting all about how important this anniversary was for American cycling. You'd think at least Velonews could do a writeup and some photos.

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
no coverage brings up interesting points. 1. nobody cares 2. nobody has the balls to cover it because floyd's going to be racing it. Either way american cycling loses.

i always wonder how people confuse that riders are steppin on boxes and not pedestals. Hopefully, it will be a great event for all those participating in that race and as for the rest of the desperate housewives needing all the gossip hope you gals get your hair blown back and your skirts lifted too.

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
phlatties said:
no coverage brings up interesting points. 1. nobody cares 2. nobody has the balls to cover it because floyd's going to be racing it. Either way american cycling loses.

i always wonder how people confuse that riders are steppin on boxes and not pedestals. Hopefully, it will be a great event for all those participating in that race and as for the rest of the desperate housewives needing all the gossip hope you gals get your hair blown back and your skirts lifted too.

Why do the testosterone-addled posters here always think the most dismissive thing you can say to someone is accusing them of being a woman? Don't you like women? Nothing wrong with that, as Seinfeld says, I guess.

And who won the women's race?

If you ignore trolls, they go away...

Polish

BANNED
Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
TeamSkyFans said:
but once again its not the troll disrupting the thread, its peoples reactions, and peoples arguments afterwards..

You have already been warned to keep this thread on topic. take it somewhere else. :confused:

but a surfire way to recognize that "the troll" has made a good point is when some people start replying troll! troll! lol.

Back on topic, I sure hope the Nevada City Classic can survive Floyd's impact this year. Some may call for the race to be shut down, not worth it. Burn it down the maybe.

Oldnell said:

Your hypocrisy is mindboggling:

Posts in bold from yourself.

(1) Because the only people who give any credence to L2L and the rest of the libellous venom spewed out by Walsh, Ballester, Kimmage and the like are the sordid conspiracy theorists and LA haters who make up this forum. Get a life!!

(2) This is forum mostly made up of sad people who hate excellence, probably because they are not willing or able to work hard enough to achieve it themselves
(3)You, as well as most of your libellous conspiracy theorists who dominate this forum, do not know what you are talking about, as usual
(4) I feel sorry for sordid haters like you who do all of their thinking from a much lower part of their anatomy.
(5) Although it is dominated by libellous conspiracy theorists who hate excellence.
(6) It may surprise you and the rest of the Armstrong haters on this forum.
(7) People who use a combination of half truths, innuendo, and absolute falsehoods to trash anyone who achieves excellence deserve nothing better. I calls them the way I sees them!!!
(8) In order to do that I would have to reprint nearly everything you and the rest of the LA haters have been printing since I had the misfortune to come upon this forum.
(9) but most of them are like me who have better things to do with their time than waste it arguing with people like you who hate excellence and believe everyone who has achieved it is a cheat. I happened on to this forum and was so disgusted that I felt considerably better having told you what I thought of you

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
you are right, Wallace. i shouldn't automatically call out whiners as "women" because I do love women but I think you knew where i was going with my housewives reference considering you quote Seinfeld and are troll expert.

Dr. Maserati

BANNED
Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
Polish said:
but a surfire way to recognize that "the troll" has made a good point is when some people start replying troll! troll! lol.

Back on topic, I sure hope the Nevada City Classic can survive Floyd's impact this year. Some may call for the race to be shut down, not worth it. Burn it down the maybe.
The race organisers didn't have any problem with him starting.

Floyd contacted the race organiser Duane Strawser to request a start and left all further decisions to him:

But Landis, Strawser said, left the decision of whether or not to actually extend an invitation to the former cycling superstar in his hands.

“He said he understood and didn't want to be a distraction,” Strawser said. “He was very considerate of that.”

In fact, Landis also left the decision of whether to publicize the fact that he would be racing in Nevada City up to Strawser.

“Thank you, Duane,” Landis wrote in an e-mail “I really appreciate the response and the invitation. Count on me being there and I'll leave it up to you, if you'd like to tell anybody that I'll be there.
“As far as anybody who has any questions from the press: ‘I enjoy racing my bicycle again for the reasons which brought me to it almost 20 years ago now. And that's all I'll have to say."

TRENDING THREADS