• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

FLandis Racing in Nevada City

Page 5 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

flicker

BANNED
Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
Floyd Landis Dirtbag

2nd best race in California is sullied by Floyd Landis.
The only good thing Floyd has done is to come clean.
If he wants my respect Floyd needs to apologize to those fans and his supporters who have been with him in the past. Then put away the bike and face charges in France. Why would the promoters of a great event like Nevada City allow Floyd to enter? I do not get it.

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Mongol_Waaijer said:
Oldnell....as previously explained Eyjafjallajokull is a dedicated troll who comes on here to derail any objective discussion of Lance Armstrong's serial disohonesty.

^That right there is legend.

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Dr. Maserati said:
So, to clean up the sport - you would prefer that Floyd lies?

Floyd IS lying, that's my point.

Even though in an earlier post you said -"I'm not particularly bothered by doping".

So you would prefer if Floyd lies to clean up doping even though doping does not bother you.

1. doping does not bother me that much.
2. Floyd continues to lie about his doping...unless we are somehow supposed to believe that after a decade of people claiming that the test was a false positive, we are now supposed to believe that Landid actually DID have some sort of false positive - that he wasn't actually using testosterone, even though he had done so regularly in the past and even though his levels were sky high.

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Digger said:
Your hypocrisy is mindboggling:

Posts in bold from yourself.

(1) Because the only people who give any credence to L2L and the rest of the libellous venom spewed out by Walsh, Ballester, Kimmage and the like are the sordid conspiracy theorists and LA haters who make up this forum. Get a life!!

(2) This is forum mostly made up of sad people who hate excellence, probably because they are not willing or able to work hard enough to achieve it themselves
(3)You, as well as most of your libellous conspiracy theorists who dominate this forum, do not know what you are talking about, as usual
(4) I feel sorry for sordid haters like you who do all of their thinking from a much lower part of their anatomy.
(5) Although it is dominated by libellous conspiracy theorists who hate excellence.
(6) It may surprise you and the rest of the Armstrong haters on this forum.
(7) People who use a combination of half truths, innuendo, and absolute falsehoods to trash anyone who achieves excellence deserve nothing better. I calls them the way I sees them!!!
(8) In order to do that I would have to reprint nearly everything you and the rest of the LA haters have been printing since I had the misfortune to come upon this forum.
(9) but most of them are like me who have better things to do with their time than waste it arguing with people like you who hate excellence and believe everyone who has achieved it is a cheat. I happened on to this forum and was so disgusted that I felt considerably better having told you what I thought of you

No! I forget Oldnell was that maniac....and now I will never have the 40 seconds it took to type my explanation back....I could have spent that time hating excellence and making up libellous accusations. Damn!

flicker

BANNED
Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
Thoughtforfood said:
Good race. Floyd looked heavier than he has looked. I have some pretty good pictures I will post tomorrow. It was entertaining though. That course is BRUTAL. Has to be one of the, if not the hardest short loop courses in the country. I hesitate to call it a crit even though it fits the definition, the amount of climbing puts it in its own class.

Anyone who wins Nevada City is a top class cyclist. Anyone who can finishes without being lapped is top class. Total pro course, not for posers.

A

Anonymous

flicker said:
Anyone who wins Nevada City is a top class cyclist. Anyone who can finishes without being lapped is top class. Total pro course, not for posers.

Yea, it is no joke. There were people getting lapped by the 6th lap or so.

I understand what you are saying about Floyd. I do think he has the right to race his bike, and his exchange with the organizer tells me that he just wants to race his bike. He has little to nothing left from a career as a pro except for his love of cycling. He could do that on back roads surely, but he loves to race. I say let him race. As for returning to France, I think it would be the honorable thing to do...but I wouldn't do it.

flicker

BANNED
Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
Thoughtforfood said:
Yea, it is no joke. There were people getting lapped by the 6th lap or so.

I understand what you are saying about Floyd. I do think he has the right to race his bike, and his exchange with the organizer tells me that he just wants to race his bike. He has little to nothing left from a career as a pro except for his love of cycling. He could do that on back roads surely, but he loves to race. I say let him race. As for returning to France, I think it would be the honorable thing to do...but I wouldn't do it.

I want to see Floyd happy and race. He really needs to clean up his act though.
For him to be credible in his accusations he needs to do a through 12 step program. No fun and games do not collect $200 for passing go.
I believe what that was what Greg Lemond was hinting at during Landis hearing.

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
I've been thinking about this, and I've decided that really, it's all about the beer.

Landis races for Arrogant ******* Ale (or at least wears their jersey), and I honestly believe he drinks the beer out of love for the beer. There's no money involved. Furthermore, AB is an all natural beer, a beer with no chemicals. It achieves it's excellent taste through the old fashioned ways: hard work, no shortcuts. It's a beer you can believe in. I trust it, and I trust Floyd.

Lance is paid big bucks to say he drinks Michelob Ultra--the "healthy beer"--which it obviously isn't, since it's made by big beer and full of chemicals (like...). Furthermore, does Lance really drink it, or just say he does? Is it the Carmichael Training Systems of beers? Does he say he drinks it when he's really drinking some expensive, specialty Italian beer? It's hard to say what's really going on, but it's certain that there's a lot of money and deception going on.

So, in conclusion, if you want to know who to believe, Floyd or Lance, just go with your (beer) gut.

One more metaphor effectively beaten to death. My work here is done.

Dr. Maserati

BANNED
Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
flicker said:
2nd best race in California is sullied by Floyd Landis.
The only good thing Floyd has done is to come clean.
If he wants my respect Floyd needs to apologize to those fans and his supporters who have been with him in the past. Then put away the bike and face charges in France. Why would the promoters of a great event like Nevada City allow Floyd to enter? I do not get it.
Landis has already apologised:
Q: Do you have any plans to apologize or refund any money [to donors to his defense fund]?
A: I absolutely wish I could give it all back. I didn't keep any of it for myself, and I don't have the funds to give it back. If I ever come to a place in life where I can, nothing would make me happier than to pay it back. As far as apologizing, I'm absolutely sorry for ever having lied to anybody. There's no one to blame here but me. But that doesn't fix it ... I don't expect them to just forget about it because I'm sorry. That is something I've thought about long and hard, and my choices are not good either way. On the one hand, I can just keep a secret to myself and let them think they gave money to the truth, or I can tell them the truth and just make them feel really bad and foolish and hope to make it up somehow. Neither one's good.

As for France - in the same interview he said he had no problem going to face the charges in France, but he has not been served with anything and that he cannot afford to do so.

Why should he "put away his bike"? He obviously enjoys racing.

A

Anonymous

Wallace said:
I've been thinking about this, and I've decided that really, it's all about the beer.

Landis races for Arrogant ******* Ale (or at least wears their jersey), and I honestly believe he drinks the beer out of love for the beer. There's no money involved. Furthermore, AB is an all natural beer, a beer with no chemicals. It achieves it's excellent taste through the old fashioned ways: hard work, no shortcuts. It's a beer you can believe in. I trust it, and I trust Floyd.

Lance is paid big bucks to say he drinks Michelob Ultra--the "healthy beer"--which it obviously isn't, since it's made by big beer and full of chemicals (like...). Furthermore, does Lance really drink it, or just say he does? Is it the Carmichael Training Systems of beers? Does he say he drinks it when he's really drinking some expensive, specialty Italian beer? It's hard to say what's really going on, but it's certain that there's a lot of money and deception going on.

So, in conclusion, if you want to know who to believe, Floyd or Lance, just go with your (beer) gut.

I dont beleive all the michelob thing with Armstrong. Im sure win is more his thing

CapsuleFbMerlot6.jpg

Dr. Maserati

BANNED
Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
eleven said:
Floyd IS lying, that's my point.

1. doping does not bother me that much.
2. Floyd continues to lie about his doping...unless we are somehow supposed to believe that after a decade of people claiming that the test was a false positive, we are now supposed to believe that Landid actually DID have some sort of false positive - that he wasn't actually using testosterone, even though he had done so regularly in the past and even though his levels were sky high.

Again - read what he said. He does not say he was not usling PED's in the Tour in 06, but he says was not using a testosterone patch - as he does not list what products he was using during that Tour he may well have triggered the positive through the use of other PED's.

Q: I realize this is not important in the bigger picture, but you would still contend that the test results that were obtained after Stage 17 [of the 2006 Tour de France] were not correct?

A: Yes, there must be some other explanation, whether it was done wrong or I don't know what ... The problem I have with even bothering to argue it is I have used testosterone in the past and I have used it in other Tours and it's going to sound kind of foolish to say that I didn't. I almost don't feel like arguing at this point.

Oct 6, 2009
Visit site
Wallace said:

Go back and look at the twitpic of Landis pinning his numbers on (link is earlier in this thread). The shorts are in the background of the picture, and they feature a nice little saying about yellow beer that fits Michelob Ultra and their spokesman to a T.

A

Anonymous

Wallace said:

The best post I've ever read on this forum.

Wallace, the above is pure genius. Well done.

flicker

BANNED
Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
Scott SoCal said:
The best post I've ever read on this forum.

Wallace, the above is pure genious. Well done.

You know darn it Floyd. Just send me a case of whatever type of beer you are drinking and all will be forgiven.

A

Anonymous

Forgot to mention that I saw Chad Gerlach with his girlfriend and kid walking around the course. I don't know him, so I didn't say "hi" or anything, but he looked clean.

Thoughtforfood said:
Forgot to mention that I saw Chad Gerlach with his girlfriend and kid walking around the course. I don't know him, so I didn't say "hi" or anything, but he looked clean.
LOL! I "know" Chad a tiny bit through the web, but mostly follow him as you. I'd venture to guess he is completely clean, but calling him deranged probably wouldn't be taken as much of an insult. The guy is a loose cannon. Always has been, probably always will be. He'll be one of those old cranky guys in the nursing home winking at the cute CNAs, and talking about outrageous old war stories in cycling, some of which will be true.

Barrus

BANNED
Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
TeamSkyFans said:
I dont beleive all the michelob thing with Armstrong. Im sure win is more his thing

CapsuleFbMerlot6.jpg

I do need to say, that is one wine that I really enjoy.

Anyway, great to hear Chad is clean again, can still remember the A&E intervention on him

A

Anonymous

Alpe d'Huez said:
LOL! I "know" Chad a tiny bit through the web, but mostly follow him as you. I'd venture to guess he is completely clean, but calling him deranged probably wouldn't be taken as much of an insult. The guy is a loose cannon. Always has been, probably always will be. He'll be one of those old cranky guys in the nursing home winking at the cute CNAs, and talking about outrageous old war stories in cycling, some of which will be true.

HIs facebook postings are the highlight of my day

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
Thoughtforfood said:
Floyd opened the cover on the cesspool that is doping in professional cycling. You are also the third moron to suggest he "blackmailed" someone. The only people saying that are two of the biggest cheats in cycling, so I take what they say as having no value what-so-ever. In fact, the funny part is that they put out the emails that they claim show the "blackmail" and there is nothing in them that would suggest that. They know the old PR tactic that if the facts are not with you, lie.

Floyd Landis may be everything you say, but he holds one thing over Armstrong, he is coming clean. Only a blind idiot would think, with the evidence complied up to this point, that The Uniballer rode clean. I am assuming you can see, but will withhold judgment until you respond...

The jury is still out on what is more annoying, Lance Lovers, or Lance Haters. Both make ridiculous claims.

It seems obvious to me Landis tried leveraging his "knowledge" for self gain, it didn't work out the way he wanted (perhaps a pro tour gig) so now he's going about "opening the cover". I don't know that a gig with The Shack was his ultimate goal or what but he sure has no idea how to do this the right way. He looks like an idiot and everything he says could be 100% true but he's going to "Lemond it" all over the table. Instead of taking his facts and systematically taking down the players, going to the proper authorities, and not first trying to benifit himself, he will be the moron. He is a proven liar, and everything up to this point has been for self gain not to be the hero of cycling.

I am of the opinion that the large majority of cyclists cheat on some level and until they get caught I don't spend days on the internet making assumptions about what I THINK they are doing. If they get busted, great, if they don't, maybe they will and until then I'm not going to waste my time beating the dead horse. How can you enjoy cycling any other way?

FL may have PARTIALLY admitted to doping but he's still a liar, continues to lie about things so why are people believing 100 % of what he's saying now and equally assuming 100% of what LA says is a lie? I had the opportunity to meet Floyd in person several years ago. It was the "bionic hip tour" and he was the guest speaker for a small group and actually hung out for a good amount of time afterward to chat in a causal setting. I asked him "if you are hiding something and come clean and tell your story you could be such a bigger hero to cycling than winning one TdF and lying, don't you think that is more important?" He said "I've always been clean so winning the TdF is all I have". Riiiiiiiight. I knew right then he was lying and up to that point I didn't believe him but was reserving some judgment. I have no respect for him and while I don't think LA has been clean, I just don't understand how someone can't hate LA the way you do (and others) and believe Floyd one bit. Strange what people rationalize.

A

Anonymous

BroDeal said:
You gotta love someone who claims that he does not believe that Armstrong is clean but then goes on and on about what a liar Landis is. Some serious cognitive dissonance there.

Yea, sniffing all the chamois cream really did a number on that guy's head. I love the fanboys who start with the "I don't really like Lance and I know he is a doper and all and I don't really care but most of my posts will be in reference to someone who dislikes Lance (my secret hero) because I want to make sure people think I don't like Lance so my posts will have an air of credulity but really I think they all know I am a fraud too." It makes me chuckle every time.

flicker

BANNED
Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
I f Landis is going to walk his talk, well cowboy he needs to straighten out his own previous business. If he takes down a bunch of people without showing his own cards and be accountable for his own deeds, he is a sniper not a gun-slinger. Same as the other hippocrites.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts