Floyd Landis 2006 TdF Champion

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
A

Anonymous

Duncan Carter said:
Floyd could have been cheating but, given the technical incompetence of the French lab, there's no way to know and no way that it knew. What was disclosed in the hearing testimony was unbelievable. Can we say lab = clueless!

You drank the Kool-Aid I see. What we CAN say Landis = guilty!

Mar 11, 2009
elumgurd said:
And people wonder why we have very little patience for and respect of American cycling fans.

As a general rule they know nothing. Sometimes this lack of knowledge reaches epic proportions (exhibited beautifully by our original poster in this thread).

Riiight. Nice way to generalize all American cycling fans based on a *** poster who was trying to rile up a forum.

Shall I generalize your country as being bigoted and disrespectful based on your post?

Mar 11, 2009
What about the great Rasmussen that was fired from Rabobank and had the 2007 Tour title taken away from his hands? Never had a positive in his carrer and still was found guilty...for what???

Mar 11, 2009
umfundisii said:
Only Floyd knows for sure; but the process went through to its conclusion and I accept that. He was found guilty, served his time, payed the price, and is back racing. Whether or not he did or didn't is no longer relevant. I'm doing my best to forget the '06 Tour.

Hear hear!

Mar 11, 2009
vanish

short memories
he made the front pages of the world newspapers (not the back- sports)
bringing the sport into more scandal.

the damage he has caused and he wont stand up and say sorry.

hope he is a pot hole magnet

Mar 11, 2009
Ah, so it was a conspiracy. Now I know why none of the arguments Flloyd made made much sense: because They are fooling us all into thinking logically.

Mar 12, 2009
elumgurd said:
And people wonder why we have very little patience for and respect of American cycling fans.

As a general rule they know nothing. Sometimes this lack of knowledge reaches epic proportions (exhibited beautifully by our original poster in this thread).

If you ever wanna know where all the "know nothing" Americans hang out and post, let me know..You might learn something.

:cool:

Mar 11, 2009
LOOKFOOL said:
If you ever wanna know where all the "know nothing" Americans hang out and post, let me know..You might learn something.

:cool:

I was under the impression that they all posted at Velonews....

(ooh, a sly dig at the competition!)

Mar 10, 2009
Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but I hate the look of the Velonews message boards. So clumped, chaotic and messy. But who uses Velonews anyway? :rolleyes:

A

Anonymous

Roid Landis, a multi confirmed drug cheat!

Bottomline: Floyd Roid Landis is a confirmed steroid user (lord knows what other drugs he injects (insulin, hGH, hCG, EPO, blood spinners) BUT we know he:

1) lies and is a bald faced liar
2) relies upon exogenous testosterone (the essential steroid)
3) threatens witnesses (Greg Lemond)http://www.cyclingnews.com/news.php?id=news/2007/may07/may23news

5) was a teammate of USPO dopers Lance Pharmstrong, Manuel Beltran, Pavel Padrnos, Phonak's Oscar Camenzind, Sascha Urweider, Santos Gonzalez, Santiago Perez, and many other digraced Team Phonak dopers.http://www.swissinfo.ch/eng/special...ct=23321&sid=6548395&cKey=1142424898000&ty=st
6) won the Amgen EPO Tour California where NO DRUG testing is ever performed.

Landis is a typial pro cyclist. Drugged and over the hill as a doping tool.

Mar 10, 2009
While I would agree with much of what you have to say, BroDeal, I think it was unfair to list your fourth point as that really has little to add to your argument, and is only two or three steps short of what Landis' manager did with Le Mond.

Also, regardless of what many of us feel to be the case, a certain re-imagined name on the list on point five has yet to be proven for doping, and this weakens the strength of your otherwise good points.

Mar 11, 2009
Bestão said:
What about the great Rasmussen that was fired from Rabobank and had the 2007 Tour title taken away from his hands? Never had a positive in his carrer and still was found guilty...for what???

lying over his wearabouts which is a breech of the anti-doping rules.

Mar 10, 2009
I think y'all getting two things mixed up: Perception vs. Fact.

And ultimately it's going to be perception that wins out over fact.

Let me give you an example. IIRC, the fact is that Rasmussen missed some testing appointments and was not where he claimed to be. The perception that we've come to accept was that he was doping.

Another example: The fact is that Jan Ulrich was associated with dopers. His name was associated with Operation Puerto, etc. But the fact is that (to the best of my knowledge) he was never a confirmed doper. Yet I would argue that the perception is that he doped.

So, y'all can keep argue all day long...but realize the difference between perception and fact.

late,
Coz

Mar 11, 2009
Coz Boogie said:
Another example: The fact is that Jan Ulrich was associated with dopers. His name was associated with Operation Puerto, etc. But the fact is that (to the best of my knowledge) he was never a confirmed doper. Yet I would argue that the perception is that he doped.
Uh, they matched his DNA to the DNA of blood they found in Eufemiano Fuentes' fridge. I think that counts as confirmation that he doped.

Mar 10, 2009
Jamsque said:
Uh, they matched his DNA to the DNA of blood they found in Eufemiano Fuentes' fridge. I think that counts as confirmation that he doped.

Or, at a minimum "it was only attempted doping"! :D

That must have been a nasty fridge, by the way.

Mar 11, 2009
Yeah, it doesn't really bear thinking about what would have happened if there had been a power cut...

Mar 12, 2009
i've never once cared if a cyclist from any country doped or not. cycling is still the coolest sport going. i freaking love these guys.

Mar 10, 2009
mainemike said:
i've never once cared if a cyclist from any country doped or not. cycling is still the coolest sport going. i freaking love these guys.

Mos def. Cycling is my participatory sport of choice and my live viewing sport of choice; everything else pales in comparison.

Mar 11, 2009
So you "love these guys" but you don't care for their health? :confused:

Cycling is not TV wrestling, it is a real sport and dangerous enough with the speed and endurance. Riders should not have to risk their health to entertain people, just as many others in all sorts of sectors should not have to take unlicenced medical products just to be able to do their job.

Those who care for the riders care about cleaning up the sport. Remember, anti-doping controls are primarily for health purposes -they were introduced after the death of Tom Simpson - sporting considerations come second.

Mar 10, 2009
For me, it's their choice how they ride and I don't make it a point to care about their health. I't about the riding, the teams, the climbing, the sprinting, the tactics, the bikes... The sport is tough, they know that going in. They know about whispered and overt doping. It's not like they're horses with blinders getting shot up by the vet with Lasix...

Cyclists are big boys and girls. They choose their teams, and I'm sure they have minds of their own.

A

Anonymous

doping begins BEFORE age 18

They are NOT big boys on drugs (peptide hormones)---rather they are drug addicted from age 15 or 16. (no legal consent)

Doping apologies for FLANDIS or Pharmstrong are very lame!

ps: The LIVE WRONG Foundation is Lance's lifetime pension plan, NOT a Cancer cure.