• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Floyd to be charged with fraud

Page 12 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Digger said:
Again I don't have any way of knowing that but it seems that you start with the assumption that he only cares about some mythical payout in the future and you work backwards through everything that he has said and believe only what supports that conclusion. That's a strange way for even a fake internet lawyer to behave.

From one fake internet lawyer to another . . .

Floyd doesn't have a master plan, that's for sure. He's just trying to get by now. Once, it appeared that Floyd had grand hopes for a payout (refer to the Grey Manrod website), but now I suspect that his hopes are fading.

And why the insults?

MarkvW said:
From one fake internet lawyer to another . . .

Floyd doesn't have a master plan, that's for sure. He's just trying to get by now. Once, it appeared that Floyd had grand hopes for a payout (refer to the Grey Manrod website), but now I suspect that his hopes are fading.

And why the insults?

Ok sorry for the sarcastic tone and I'll attempt to say the following without any insulting inflection. But seriously man, you saw a master plan in the Grey Manrod site!? Please please please do enlighten us!

Digger said:
Ok sorry for the sarcastic tone and I'll attempt to say the following without any insulting inflection. But seriously man, you saw a master plan in the Grey Manrod site!? Please please please do enlighten us!

Read the very first line of my post that started all of this. I said that Floyd did not have a master plan. Floyd was hoping to score some money from the qui tam lawsuit--that doesn't appear controversial.

Grey Manrod did indicate Floyd's anger toward Lance and the taunts about Lance's downfall. I'm just saying that Grey Manrod indicates Floyd's hope for a big payout at one time. Nothing more than that.

MarkvW said:
Read the very first line of my post that started all of this. I said that Floyd did not have a master plan. Floyd was hoping to score some money from the qui tam lawsuit--that doesn't appear controversial.

Grey Manrod did indicate Floyd's anger toward Lance and the taunts about Lance's downfall. I'm just saying that Grey Manrod indicates Floyd's hope for a big payout at one time. Nothing more than that.

Ok I misunderstood the Grey Manrod thing to be a response to and mockery of the UCI threatening a frivolous lawsuit. I missed all the references in it to Armstrong.

Digger said:
Ok I misunderstood the Grey Manrod thing to be a response to and mockery of the UCI threatening a frivolous lawsuit. I missed all the references in it to Armstrong.

FatPat likes to threaten lawsuits that never seem to happen. I was also referring to the Grey Manrod twitter posts.

Sep 5, 2009
Visit site
MarkvW said:
I believe Floyd when he says that he is poor. Nothing indicates that he has any meaningful job. Defending a federal case is VERY expensive if you have to pay for it yourself.

It doesn't appear to be a very controversial position.

Floyd never said he is poor. He said in agreement he had been poor, past tense, a temporary state experienced by a lot of people sometime in life.

Check out his alter ego, Chade O Grey - erstwhile partner of the respected law firm of Grey Manrod, on Twitter on March 22.

LanceBlockedMe: "I've been poor. It is over rated"
Chade O Grey: "Yea me too. Being broke is better than being poor!"

May 18, 2009
Visit site
He must be poor, or else he would be busy with the business of paying back the FFF rubes. You know, paying them back for donating to his defense of a testosterone AAF that he claims he didn't take. :rolleyes:

Mar 17, 2009
Visit site
thehog said:
I would add that he obviously enjoys the discovery & research element. I think he'd want to go to trial and have his day in court. I'm sure he'd handle himself well under pressure. His reasoning for the initial lying would be to establish the pattern of doping at USPS and subsequent pressures applied from former team mates & mangers to keep zip.

If Armstrong is behind any of this it just seems plain madness on his behalf. For Floyd to defend himself would be to prove the Armstrong doping. All that information is sitting in case files and could be accessed. That's why I think this is Nov's backdoor and not an Armstrong pressured investigation.

I too think it's an end around. Floyd is nothing to the feds, and the whistle blower suit could easily be squashed just like the investigation. La does not want floyd charged with anything.

thehog said:
That was "besides" - iPhone autocorrect!

Might upset some Lance fans that Landis has the top guns and was always "well prepared"

http://amlawdaily.typepad.com/amlawdaily/2010/06/landis-lawyers-up.html

The Daily News said that Landis has hired the law firm of Wilson Sonsini Goodrich and Rosati, a firm that represented three-time Tour de France champion Greg LeMond in various lawsuits, including a recent dispute with the Trek Bicycling Corporation.

"He's our client," Mark Handfelt, a partner at the firm, told the newspaper.

According to the newspaper, a team of lawyers from the firm will advise Landis in the event he faces a criminal case or defamation lawsuit.

thehog said:
Might upset some Lance fans that Landis has the top guns and was always "well prepared"

http://amlawdaily.typepad.com/amlawdaily/2010/06/landis-lawyers-up.html

The Daily News said that Landis has hired the law firm of Wilson Sonsini Goodrich and Rosati, a firm that represented three-time Tour de France champion Greg LeMond in various lawsuits, including a recent dispute with the Trek Bicycling Corporation.

"He's our client," Mark Handfelt, a partner at the firm, told the newspaper.

According to the newspaper, a team of lawyers from the firm will advise Landis in the event he faces a criminal case or defamation lawsuit.

Almost two years ago . . ..

MarkvW said:
I don't trust Floyd about the testosterone because I believe in the validity of the tests,

Hold it. You aren't a lawyer, but you have intricate knowledge of WADA's testing? Please, explain testosterone test validity. Confidence?

MarkvW said:
Floyd has every motivation to lie.

Where did this come from? First you say he's corroborated so his word can be trusted and now it can't?

DirtyWorks said:
Hold it. You aren't a lawyer, but you have intricate knowledge of WADA's testing? Please, explain testosterone test validity. Confidence?

Where did this come from? First you say he's corroborated so his word can be trusted and now it can't?

Floyd is a liar who doesn't always lie.

He has a lot of friends and supporters in the clinic.

thehog said:
He has the advantage that he doesn't need to lie and very little to lose. Armstrong is still trying to protect his position of non-admission and pretend he still a 7-time Tour champion.

I also agree Floyd is not stupid. He could defend himself. The biggest mistake Floyd ever made was listening to others. Alone he's very powerful and 100% sure he has evidence of the doping none of us are aware of...

The enormous man crush you have for Landis is clearly clouding your judgement on the guy. Your Floyd coloured spectacles seem to present you with a cross between Sherlock Holmes and Steve McQueen.
I just see someone whos ability to put themselves in the wrong place at the wrong time is uncanny.

Secondly, how do you know Landis has nothing to hide?

Mar 17, 2009
Visit site
andy1234 said:
The enormous man crush you have for Landis is clearly clouding your judgement on the guy. Your Floyd coloured spectacles seem to present you with a cross betweek Sherlock Holmes and Steve McQueen.
I just see someone whos ability to put themselves in the wrong place at the wrong time is uncanny.

Secondly, how do you know Landis has nothing to hide?

to be fair to the hog floyd does have that impish grin thing going :D

MarkvW said:
You're taking the . . ..

You appear disappointed? Like you want Floyd to have nothing. To not have the right to fair and equal representation......

Sorry to muddy the script in your head... maybe you could leave the forum again like last time? and pretend Floyd still lives in a car wash and is a dirty liar.

Life was better when we things were separated into 7-time Tour champion & a disgraced former Tour de France winner....