• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Forum Herpes

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Arbiter
Ban Pro Cycling
British Pro Cycling
Bristol Pro Cycling
Unban Pro Cycling
Max Power
Rex Hunter
Sprocket
Sprocket01
Sprocket02
Sprocket999
Earth Tribe
Great White
Slayer
Stealth
Prodigy
Prodigal Son
Epoche
The Sinularity
Mallorca Man
Piston Pete
Jim Jones
Iron Man Sam (clever (?) play on the I Am Sam pic that somebody posted)
Ban Forum Omerta
Give this guy an A for effort, but an F for getting a clue.

Mar 10, 2010
Visit site
Hugh Januss said:
Arbiter
Ban Pro Cycling
British Pro Cycling
Bristol Pro Cycling
Unban Pro Cycling
Max Power
Rex Hunter
Sprocket
Sprocket01
Sprocket02
Sprocket999
Earth Tribe
Great White
Slayer
Stealth
Prodigy
Prodigal Son
Epoche
The Sinularity
Mallorca Man
Piston Pete
Jim Jones
Iron Man Sam (clever (?) play on the I Am Sam pic that somebody posted)
Ban Forum Omerta
Give this guy an A for effort, but an F for getting a clue.

We established in the thread last night, now deleted by the unbiased moderators, that I am only banned because I was banned before. Not for trolling. Therefore a list of name is irrelevent. If we applied the same rule then BroDeal would be repeatedly banned.

But I must credit you with getting most of my names right. You're much better than RaceRadio who used to claim I was everyone under the sun, and lie that I had sock accounts.

But you've got at least two names wrong. I was never "Stealth" or "Sprocket999". There is a couple of others I can't remember but I'm not sure either way.

Ferminal said:
As has been said previously - we should just be reporting/telling the mods when we detect this person, rather than going all out attack in the threads.

Yes, please do this. We can delete posts, close threads - even delete threads, and we can get around to banning members, sometimes within a few hours, and eventually blocking them. But just antagonizing each other does no good. It's only pouring fuel on the fire. Just make a report of the post to all the mods, and I'll respond as quickly and efficiently as possible.

Susan Westemeyer said:
Let's cool it with the list of names, ok? It is really not necessary.

Susan

Sorry, but really it is somewhat important to remember the reason he keeps being banned, which is that he has been here at least 24 (probably more) different times with different user names, which in and of itself is against forum rules.
Whether or not you agree with his "side" and whether or not you think his sort of filibustering is a legit forum debate tactic, banned should mean banned. I am not opposed to giving anyone a second chance, or even a third, but by the time we come to the tenth chance some sort of line should be drawn.
Dim raised some good points about certain behaviors in this forum but unfortunately he chose to do it while backing the wrong guy IMO. I put up the list just to remind people of the difference between this guy and every other poster on this forum, no matter which side or sides of any debate they are taking.

Mar 10, 2010
Visit site
Sorry I could not allow RR to get away with that last post given that I caught him lying about Dimspace. We won't have you pretending you did not read it just because the mods deleted it.

Quote:
Of course it is relevant. Your trolling is why you are no longer allowed. No matter how calm you may start off it always ends the same, with you derailing every discussion.

You know very well that you DECIDE to ruin all the threads that I am involved with. You do not ALLOW a normal discussion. That is your purpose.

I have moderated my style and lessened my post count since last summer, and I show great restraint torwards people that troll me until the thread is ruined. You, however, have learnt nothing and always selfishly put yourself first. At least TFF realises he has a problem and has to take a few days off now and again.

Quote:
"Your weak attempt to pretend that Dim left because of posters responding to your trolling only reinforces how out of touch you are."

This is the good bit.

It's only what Dimspace actually said in his last post! At least do him the service of reading it. He clearly states that his leaving was nothing to do with twitter - it was because YOU and your gang selfishly decided to ruin the thread. How ironic that you call me "out of touch". Maybe if you apologised to Dimspace for your trolling and promise not to do it again he and other decent people might comeback. People are just sick of it.

It's time for you to turnover a new leaf. I shall be watching to see if you and the others lessen your trolling style in the coming days. If you don't start to behave and play it straight then cycling news forums may have to be shut down.

Now run along and tell the mods I have a new account that needs banning.

Status
Not open for further replies.