Teams & Riders Froome Talk Only

Page 1038 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

red_flanders said:
The Hitch said:
No one needs to prove anything. 99 out of 100 accounts that posted like you turned out to be exactly what sittinbison claims you are.

Maybe you are, maybe you aren't but sittingbison is free to believe something about you without having to prove it. You cant control what he thinks.
Yeah but one is not allowed to make personal attack such as calling someone a bot or whatever. We can think what we want.
To be fair he didn't. I called myself that to save him the job!
 
Apr 3, 2016
400
0
0
Meh, it was only asthma meds, the public I think will be unimpressed. Froome will race on, possibly doing the “impossible” double next year and earn his rank amongst the legends. Steroids, transfusions or EPO though and he would be done. Don’t worry too much guys, CRISPER/CAS9 is here and the age of genetic doping is already upon us, it’s just a ride.

BTW Funny to see so many Contador fans in here acting outraged.
 
Here's the thing, this happens with all winners, and then all racers when they get busted: 'The are successful they must be doped/motored up. They got popped so now we have proof.' In the aftermath most forget that they are all pushing the system. CF might not be as jacked as other riders in the platoon (or on his team). I agree with others that this is likely the result of too many marginal methods colliding to create a mega AAF.

A guy who played here at BSU and them went on to a solid NFL career does local sports radio gigs occasionally, and he has said several times that the ones who get busted aren't doing anything different than most, they are just stupid.
 
Jun 21, 2012
146
0
0
Re: Re:

brownbobby said:
Tonton said:
sittingbison said:
Panache

Virenque, Jaja, Pirata, Diablo etc got it in spades that's why you (we) still like them

Not Wiggo or Dawg. Panachless
Good point. Being the devil's advocate, I would argue that for a Brit, '13 Ventoux or '15 PSM are glorious. It's in the eyes of each of us. And the running man episode still showed in highlights, although it never happened since Portal went whining to the officials and results were "adjusted". Now for Wiggo...I can't find a glorious moment :eek: . Or maybe him trying to chase Froome :D . Now that was courage.
You present the Devils advocate view very well I think.

Your earlier comments almost acknowledge that, eh, we don't like doping, but it happens. So if you're gonna do it, do it with panache, don't take the piss too much, and were still gonna like what we like.

Now, you have to understand that for some, I'd even say most, in the U.K., panache isn't something we care so much about. I'm not just talking cycling here, I'm talking sport in general. What we do love is a good story. And we like winners. If we find someone who wins things, and sells us a good story, overcoming a tough upbringing, adversity in earlier life, overcoming all obstacles to achieve greatness, then for some we've got a hero.

Now we've all seen through all this, we've done our research, we've been with the story from the start. We know it's all BS. But for everyone of us, there are many more who think they know Chris Froome because they read the climb. He fits the bill. If only he was actually born in the U.K., and he did something other than ride a bike, he'd be our perfect hero. But we still like him. We still gonna cheer for him when he's showing all those foreigners what British courage and ambition can achieve.

In the microclimate of the Clinic, His fate is sealed. He's busted. Done. But step outside into the wider world, and he's still very much alive and kicking. He's had more column inches in the UK this week than he's had in the previous 5 years, but outside of the specialist press, and the inner circle of 'proper' cycling fans, the number of messages of support, the "eh we believe in you Chris" plastered across social media is overwhelmingly positive for him.

Don't forget cycling has grown enormously in the U.K. In recent years. The casual cycling fan, the ones who know all they need to know about Froome from reading his biography, far outnumbers the 'real' cycling fans. And their voices are just as loud.

I'm not going to try and tell you where I stand on this. You think what you think.

But I'm on the ground in the UK, I'm amongst the cycling fans, new and old. This is my report of how it's looking in my little corner of the British Isles. Froome ain't dead yet. He's very much alive and kicking.

Only time will tell for how long he stays that way.
Finger on the pulse eh? As if.
 
Re: Re:

Brian Butterfield said:
brownbobby said:
Tonton said:
sittingbison said:
Panache

Virenque, Jaja, Pirata, Diablo etc got it in spades that's why you (we) still like them

Not Wiggo or Dawg. Panachless
Good point. Being the devil's advocate, I would argue that for a Brit, '13 Ventoux or '15 PSM are glorious. It's in the eyes of each of us. And the running man episode still showed in highlights, although it never happened since Portal went whining to the officials and results were "adjusted". Now for Wiggo...I can't find a glorious moment :eek: . Or maybe him trying to chase Froome :D . Now that was courage.
You present the Devils advocate view very well I think.

Your earlier comments almost acknowledge that, eh, we don't like doping, but it happens. So if you're gonna do it, do it with panache, don't take the piss too much, and were still gonna like what we like.

Now, you have to understand that for some, I'd even say most, in the U.K., panache isn't something we care so much about. I'm not just talking cycling here, I'm talking sport in general. What we do love is a good story. And we like winners. If we find someone who wins things, and sells us a good story, overcoming a tough upbringing, adversity in earlier life, overcoming all obstacles to achieve greatness, then for some we've got a hero.

Now we've all seen through all this, we've done our research, we've been with the story from the start. We know it's all BS. But for everyone of us, there are many more who think they know Chris Froome because they read the climb. He fits the bill. If only he was actually born in the U.K., and he did something other than ride a bike, he'd be our perfect hero. But we still like him. We still gonna cheer for him when he's showing all those foreigners what British courage and ambition can achieve.

In the microclimate of the Clinic, His fate is sealed. He's busted. Done. But step outside into the wider world, and he's still very much alive and kicking. He's had more column inches in the UK this week than he's had in the previous 5 years, but outside of the specialist press, and the inner circle of 'proper' cycling fans, the number of messages of support, the "eh we believe in you Chris" plastered across social media is overwhelmingly positive for him.

Don't forget cycling has grown enormously in the U.K. In recent years. The casual cycling fan, the ones who know all they need to know about Froome from reading his biography, far outnumbers the 'real' cycling fans. And their voices are just as loud.

I'm not going to try and tell you where I stand on this. You think what you think.

But I'm on the ground in the UK, I'm amongst the cycling fans, new and old. This is my report of how it's looking in my little corner of the British Isles. Froome ain't dead yet. He's very much alive and kicking.

Only time will tell for how long he stays that way.
Finger on the pulse eh? As if.
oh FFS. Here we go again.

No substance. No debate. Nothing to say but desperate to say something.

Trolling in its purest form.

When does it ever stop :rolleyes:
 
Re: Re:

brownbobby said:
Tonton said:
sittingbison said:
Panache

Virenque, Jaja, Pirata, Diablo etc got it in spades that's why you (we) still like them

Not Wiggo or Dawg. Panachless
Good point. Being the devil's advocate, I would argue that for a Brit, '13 Ventoux or '15 PSM are glorious. It's in the eyes of each of us. And the running man episode still showed in highlights, although it never happened since Portal went whining to the officials and results were "adjusted". Now for Wiggo...I can't find a glorious moment :eek: . Or maybe him trying to chase Froome :D . Now that was courage.
You present the Devils advocate view very well I think.

Your earlier comments almost acknowledge that, eh, we don't like doping, but it happens. So if you're gonna do it, do it with panache, don't take the piss too much, and were still gonna like what we like.

Now, you have to understand that for some, I'd even say most, in the U.K., panache isn't something we care so much about. I'm not just talking cycling here, I'm talking sport in general. What we do love is a good story. And we like winners. If we find someone who wins things, and sells us a good story, overcoming a tough upbringing, adversity in earlier life, overcoming all obstacles to achieve greatness, then for some we've got a hero.

Now we've all seen through all this, we've done our research, we've been with the story from the start. We know it's all BS. But for everyone of us, there are many more who think they know Chris Froome because they read the climb. He fits the bill. If only he was actually born in the U.K., and he did something other than ride a bike, he'd be our perfect hero. But we still like him. We still gonna cheer for him when he's showing all those foreigners what British courage and ambition can achieve.

In the microclimate of the Clinic, His fate is sealed. He's busted. Done. But step outside into the wider world, and he's still very much alive and kicking. He's had more column inches in the UK this week than he's had in the previous 5 years, but outside of the specialist press, and the inner circle of 'proper' cycling fans, the number of messages of support, the "eh we believe in you Chris" plastered across social media is overwhelmingly positive for him.

Don't forget cycling has grown enormously in the U.K. In recent years. The casual cycling fan, the ones who know all they need to know about Froome from reading his biography, far outnumbers the 'real' cycling fans. And their voices are just as loud.

I'm not going to try and tell you where I stand on this. You think what you think.

But I'm on the ground in the UK, I'm amongst the cycling fans, new and old. This is my report of how it's looking in my little corner of the British Isles. Froome ain't dead yet. He's very much alive and kicking.

Only time will tell for how long he stays that way.
we don't have to wait too long....tomorrow night will be interesting and we can put your theory to the test....an upsurge in support for 'froomey' at the SPOTY award or a drop-off by an unsympathetic public who (though the jiffy bag debacle) are beginning to see what marginal gains really means.....

I feel you may have misjudged the book reading Froome fans....................
 
Oude Geuze said:
Meh, it was only asthma meds, the public I think will be unimpressed. Froome will race on, possibly doing the “impossible” double next year and earn his rank amongst the legends. Steroids, transfusions or EPO though and he would be done. Don’t worry too much guys, CRISPER/CAS9 is here and the age of genetic doping is already upon us, it’s just a ride.

BTW Funny to see so many Contador fans in here acting outraged.
One might remember Riis and Contador talking about the “triple” for his positive to come out days later. Froome talks about the double and “bang!” he’s gone as well! :cool:
 
Re: Re:

brownbobby said:
gillan1969 said:
silvergrenade said:
gillan1969 said:
70kmph said:
His reign is nearly finished because too old for the Tour now. Unless Sky can find a replacement they will start looking like has-beens for a few years, maybe they can target a monument or start a string of failed assaults at the big tours...
when horner can win a GT at whatever age using whatever help then unfortunately, when you have an athlete which nothing makes sense about, I wouldn't write-off the hapless hero being around for a while longer....rubbing it in the nose of everyone for a while yet I fear......
Yup. And the only thing you can do is cry and whine about it. It's so funny.
i think you'll find I've gone down the "if you didn't laugh you would cry" road with the hapless froome...however its his supporters that i reserve the biggest laugh for.... ;)
Hapless seems to be quite a common term used to precede any reference to Froome on this forum. I find this strange. Considering that he's now, according to the record books and until proven otherwise, one of the most successful GT riders of all time, all achieved according to some with next to zero natural talent, then i would argue that he is the very antithesis of hapless
:confused:
our hapless hero........ ;)
 
Re: Re:

gillan1969 said:
brownbobby said:
Tonton said:
sittingbison said:
Panache

Virenque, Jaja, Pirata, Diablo etc got it in spades that's why you (we) still like them

Not Wiggo or Dawg. Panachless
Good point. Being the devil's advocate, I would argue that for a Brit, '13 Ventoux or '15 PSM are glorious. It's in the eyes of each of us. And the running man episode still showed in highlights, although it never happened since Portal went whining to the officials and results were "adjusted". Now for Wiggo...I can't find a glorious moment :eek: . Or maybe him trying to chase Froome :D . Now that was courage.
You present the Devils advocate view very well I think.

Your earlier comments almost acknowledge that, eh, we don't like doping, but it happens. So if you're gonna do it, do it with panache, don't take the piss too much, and were still gonna like what we like.

Now, you have to understand that for some, I'd even say most, in the U.K., panache isn't something we care so much about. I'm not just talking cycling here, I'm talking sport in general. What we do love is a good story. And we like winners. If we find someone who wins things, and sells us a good story, overcoming a tough upbringing, adversity in earlier life, overcoming all obstacles to achieve greatness, then for some we've got a hero.

Now we've all seen through all this, we've done our research, we've been with the story from the start. We know it's all BS. But for everyone of us, there are many more who think they know Chris Froome because they read the climb. He fits the bill. If only he was actually born in the U.K., and he did something other than ride a bike, he'd be our perfect hero. But we still like him. We still gonna cheer for him when he's showing all those foreigners what British courage and ambition can achieve.

In the microclimate of the Clinic, His fate is sealed. He's busted. Done. But step outside into the wider world, and he's still very much alive and kicking. He's had more column inches in the UK this week than he's had in the previous 5 years, but outside of the specialist press, and the inner circle of 'proper' cycling fans, the number of messages of support, the "eh we believe in you Chris" plastered across social media is overwhelmingly positive for him.

Don't forget cycling has grown enormously in the U.K. In recent years. The casual cycling fan, the ones who know all they need to know about Froome from reading his biography, far outnumbers the 'real' cycling fans. And their voices are just as loud.

I'm not going to try and tell you where I stand on this. You think what you think.

But I'm on the ground in the UK, I'm amongst the cycling fans, new and old. This is my report of how it's looking in my little corner of the British Isles. Froome ain't dead yet. He's very much alive and kicking.

Only time will tell for how long he stays that way.
we don't have to wait too long....tomorrow night will be interesting and we can put your theory to the test....an upsurge in support for 'froomey' at the SPOTY award or a drop-off by an unsympathetic public who (though the jiffy bag debacle) are beginning to see what marginal gains really means.....

I feel you may have misjudged the book reading Froome fans....................
It will indeed be nteresting, but not so informative in terms of judging any swing in the public reaction to this week's events.

For that we would need a baseline of how the vote would go prior to this week to measure any surge or decline.

As voting doesn't open until the show starts we do not have that.

We can of course guess, and my guess up until this week was that he was in with a good chance of third. No better.
 
Re: Re:

Hapless seems to be quite a common term used to precede any reference to Froome on this forum. I find this strange. Considering that he's now, according to the record books and until proven otherwise, one of the most successful GT riders of all time, all achieved according to some with next to zero natural talent, then i would argue that he is the very antithesis of hapless
:confused:[/quote]

our hapless hero........ ;)[/quote]

Ha ha. It's a fair cop Guv!

I was wondering if anyone would remind me of that!
 
gillan1969 said:
topt said:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/cycling/2017/12/13/chris-froomes-drug-reading-makes-vuelta-espana-win-remarkable/

ha ha
poor Dr Lipworth...."I am not a doping expert but......."

I think he would have been better advised to not speak to reporters......
Watch the race, his levels certainly did improve from the previous day
If you're a chronic drug user you can develop a tolerance and have to keep increasing the dosage
 
Re: Re:

topt said:
brownbobby said:
rainman said:
topt said:
No chance of a coxless pairs place with Wiggo then?
Fake account I think. Although I can imagine her saying something like that :lol:
Nope

http://road.cc/content/news/234018-bradley-wiggins-wife-calls-chris-froome-slithering-reptile
No, I saw that. Although she did apologise when she sobered up *

*allegedly
 
Jul 7, 2015
170
0
0
Re: Re:

brownbobby said:
topt said:
brownbobby said:
rainman said:
topt said:
No chance of a coxless pairs place with Wiggo then?
Fake account I think. Although I can imagine her saying something like that :lol:
Nope

http://road.cc/content/news/234018-bradley-wiggins-wife-calls-chris-froome-slithering-reptile
No, I saw that. Although she did apologise when she sobered up *

*allegedly
Michelle?! Is that you?
 
Oct 20, 2015
9
0
0
Re: Re:

brownbobby said:
gryphon said:
"IF Chris Froome is found, by UCI/WADA, to have broken the rules ..."

Let's be very clear here, Froome has already been found to have broken a rule. Done. Now, however, he is provided an opportunity to satisfactorily explain how and why he broke a rule.
Incorrect. He's returned an adverse analytical finding. Now he's been given the opportunity to try and demonstrate that said AAF wasn't the result of breaking the rules.

Incorrect.

2.1 Presence of a Prohibited Substance or its Metabolites or Markers in an Athlete’s Sample

2.1.2 Sufficient proof of an anti-doping rule violation under Article 2.1 is established by any of the following: presence of a Prohibited Substance or its Metabolites or Markers in the Athlete’s A Sample where the Athlete waives analysis of the B Sample and the B Sample is not analyzed; or, where the Athlete’s B Sample is analyzed and the analysis of the Athlete’s B Sample confirms the presence of the Prohibited Substance or its Metabolites or Markers found in the Athlete’s A Sample; or, where the Athlete’s B Sample is split into two bottles and the analysis of the second bottle confirms the presence of the Prohibited Substance or its Metabolites or Markers found in the first bottle.

Now, Froome is given the opportunity to reduce the sanction under the following:

10.5.1 Reduction of Sanctions for Specified Substances or Contaminated Products for Violations of Article 2.1, 2.2 or 2.6.

10.5.1.1 Specified Substances Where the anti-doping rule violation involves a Specified Substance, and the Athlete or other Person can establish No Significant Fault or Negligence, then the period of Ineligibility shall be, at a minimum, a reprimand and no period of Ineligibility, and at a maximum, two years of Ineligibility, depending on the Athlete’s or other Person’s degree of Fault.

So, let's be clear: Froome has broken a rule.
 

ASK THE COMMUNITY