• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Froome Talk Only

Page 1220 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re:

zlev11 said:
any idea what he's pressing (with 600 meters to go on stage 19)?

DeVVOsWV0AA8PKC.jpg

here's a video someone just tweeted:
https://twitter.com/DeniseBayliss/status/1001207828370087937

Readjusting his hand position with sweaty hands. Lifting off and on until he finds a good grip.

Re:

macbindle said:
I'm pretty sure if we all tried we could find video clips of Dumoulin, Pinot, Pozzovivo and all the others moving their hands in a 'suspicious' manner.

That's if we were looking, of course ;)

You mean you don't lock yourself away in a basement for days, studying footage frame by frame, to find stuff like this :lol:

Really, this is exactly the kind of nonsense that waters down the credible evidence/arguments against Froome.

Re:

aphronesis said:
Really? I go hours without moving my hands. You sure about this?

He's clearly pressing the Salbutamol dosing button.

I constantly move my hands around when I ride.

I'm with those who say his Finestre epic was not alien level. Look, everyone pisses and moans that no one will try a long range attack. "Why didn't he go on the Finestre when it was clear that ... never get another chance like that...always follows wheels...just like Cadel Evans...bla bla bla."

Froome tries a long range attack, through a combination of luck and form it sticks. Ergo, he must have injected reconstituted mummy dust that morning. Isn't it MORE likely that the AAF has scared him straight, and he rode...well, I won't say clean, but well within the normal pharmacological parameters? And the idea of a motor... :rolleyes:

Re: Re:

rata de sentina said:
hazaran said:
Because anybody watching the stage clearly saw the gap suddenly go out from 20s to 40s on the Zoncolan because they were waiting on Reichenbach, who obviously didn't catch them on the descent.
You are kind of shooting yourself in the foot there because that didn't happen. The only waiting on the Finestre (not Zoncolan) which may or may not have happened was when Pinot had his mechanical near the top Dumoulin may have eased off a bit.

Maybe not waiting, but certainly not chasing either. Dumoulin himself said he didn't bother trying to stay with Froome on Finestre because he was confident that if he was within a minute going over the top with a group he would be able to close that down on the Descent. Turns out he made a mistake, and admitted as much.

had a so-called people's champion delivered suchlike performance, fans would've sung the praises of the race sky-level and admired an attacker. eventually it was way too painful punch to the gut to deal with. Over a few hours the race moved us from froome being 15th rider on short hills, losing lots of ground on gran sasso and sappada, vitriol jokes about going backwards to Jerusalim TO him overtaking MR after 80 km solo effort and mass doping accusations. i think most fans were ready to see froome wearing maglia rosa for 15 days and winning it relatively easily, but the GC revolution at the stage 19 was a bit overmuch.

Bolder said:
aphronesis said:
Really? I go hours without moving my hands. You sure about this?

He's clearly pressing the Salbutamol dosing button.

I constantly move my hands around when I ride.

I'm with those who say his Finestre epic was not alien level. Look, everyone pisses and moans that no one will try a long range attack. "Why didn't he go on the Finestre when it was clear that ... never get another chance like that...always follows wheels...just like Cadel Evans...bla bla bla."

Froome tries a long range attack, through a combination of luck and form it sticks. Ergo, he must have injected reconstituted mummy dust that morning. Isn't it MORE likely that the AAF has scared him straight, and he rode...well, I won't say clean, but well within the normal pharmacological parameters? And the idea of a motor... :rolleyes:

Two remarks to make on this.
The attack looks dodgy in the context of Froome's performances during the rest of the race. Do little (apart from Zoncolan) then pull this one out of the bag.

Secondly, Froome would not be scared by AAF if he was party to other information. For example, that a product he was using has no test to detect it.

Yes, it's speculation, but it's hard not to speculate when faced with Froome.

LaFlorecita said:
Bolder said:
. Isn't it MORE likely that the AAF has scared him straight, and he rode...well, I won't say clean, but well within the normal pharmacological parameters?
Yeah... not with that performance.
How insane was that performance tho? I don't think it was really, Finestre is the perfect place for such an attack, the warm weather, the later peaking and 3rd week freshness, the bad chasing group. Dumo and Pinot where knackered after Finestre, people were cooked, including Froome, but you can pull that stuff off without motors and whatever on such a stage.

Sure, when you see 80 km solo and Froome in the same sentence it rings all the alarm bells, but once you dig a bit deeper into it, I actually don't think its that ridicolous.

Jul 6, 2016
Visit site

Valv.Piti said:
LaFlorecita said:
Bolder said:
. Isn't it MORE likely that the AAF has scared him straight, and he rode...well, I won't say clean, but well within the normal pharmacological parameters?
How insane was that performance tho? I don't think it was really, Finestre is the perfect place for such an attack, the warm weather, the later peaking and 3rd week freshness, the bad chasing group. Dumo and Pinot where knackered after Finestre, people were cooked, including Froome, but you can pull that stuff off without motors and whatever on such a stage.

Sure, when you see 80 km solo and Froome in the same sentence it rings all the alarm bells, but once you dig a bit deeper into it, I actually don't think its that ridicolous.

I tend to agree here. Weak competition, mental advantage (he had nothing to lose), it was mano-a-mano. Only his climbing style with that absurd cadence is pretty odd.

Valv.Piti said:
LaFlorecita said:
Bolder said:

unwillingness to see froome a giro winner is too big. when it rings all the alarm bells, the last thing you want to do is digging really deep into something. ;)

Bolder said:
Isn't it MORE likely that the AAF has scared him straight, and he rode...well, I won't say clean, but well within the normal pharmacological parameters?
Scared straight? Isn't that an admission of guilt? Can you be scared straight in the era of the ABP or do you have to keep everything the same as it was before in order not to be busted?

The issue with Friday is Friday can be explain, in the context of Friday, it's just another Brive-Agen, but can it be explained in the context of the Giro and in the context of Sky's many ethical failings and in the context of cycling history?

TourOfSardinia said:
ScienceIsCool said:
Whatever the numbers, his ride that day was simply out-Landis-h...

John Swanson
Excellent :D :D :D

Its been a while but IIRC.....didn't Landis go from 120k out, single handedly bridging over to, and then riding straight over several groups from early breaks, at one point putting well over 10 minutes into the yellow jersey group, having conceded similar amounts of time the day before?

The comparisons are obvious for no one to see :p

Pennino said:
Valv.Piti said:
LaFlorecita said:
Bolder said:

I tend to agree here. Weak competition, mental advantage (he had nothing to lose), it was mano-a-mano. Only his climbing style with that absurd cadence is pretty odd.

That weak competition beat him whenever road went uphill.
It was not mano-a-mano. It was one against 3 for most of the time.

TRENDING THREADS