Teams & Riders Froome Talk Only

Page 1321 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

TourOfSardinia said:
pastronef said:
TourOfSardinia said:
:confused: What went wrong with the program yesterday?
nothing. he´s feeling the Giro in his legs a bit more than Dumo.
but Dave got the Plan B dialled and they could bring yellow home anyway with Thomas
that ain´t bad
But aren't there any margin gains to cure that?
Or may be a TUE?
A bb or similar?
Who messed up?
Aliens don't feel their legs, do they?
grasse risate eh
 
I think the Dawg has conceded. The world hates him as it is, if he went on a long range attack on Friday I think he’d be lynched by the British as well. He needs to pull on the front for Thomas and show what a lovely guy he is :) The French would warm to him.
 
Didn't Froome concede the Giro before he just said *** you to everyone in the sport and did a Landis? I wouldn't be surprised if he does the same tomorrow. The UCI doesn't care about the sport and we all know he has free reign to do whatever. He's such a wise and beautiful woman he wouldn't think twice of taking the absolute piss out of the sport twice in the space of a few months. I'm sure a pat on the back and some bonus money will help Geraint get through it... I mean he has Sky and Froome to thank for turning him from a classics rider to a climber/GC rider.
 
Re:

Pantani Attacks said:
Didn't Froome concede the Giro before he just said **** you to everyone in the sport and did a Landis? I wouldn't be surprised if he does the same tomorrow. The UCI doesn't care about the sport and we all know he has free reign to do whatever. He's such a **** he wouldn't think twice of taking the absolute piss out of the sport twice in the space of a few months. I'm sure a pat on the back and some bonus money will help Geraint get through it... I mean he has Sky and Froome to thank for turning him from a classics rider to a climber/GC rider.
fck, not even the Froome´s fans think he could gain time tomorrow. I see the anti-Froome have more hopes in him than the pro-Froome
;)
 
Re: Re:

pastronef said:
Pantani Attacks said:
Didn't Froome concede the Giro before he just said **** you to everyone in the sport and did a Landis? I wouldn't be surprised if he does the same tomorrow. The UCI doesn't care about the sport and we all know he has free reign to do whatever. He's such a **** he wouldn't think twice of taking the absolute piss out of the sport twice in the space of a few months. I'm sure a pat on the back and some bonus money will help Geraint get through it... I mean he has Sky and Froome to thank for turning him from a classics rider to a climber/GC rider.
fck, not even the Froome´s fans think he could gain time tomorrow. I see the anti-Froome have more hopes in him than the pro-Froome
;)
Always the case with them.

"Oh no Chris is looking weak :( "

-Froome goes full washing machine-

"Yesssssssssss Chrisie wissie I love you you're the GOAT hahahahha *** you haters Team Sky invented Cycling"
 
thehog said:
I think the Dawg has conceded. The world hates him as it is, if he went on a long range attack on Friday I think he’d be lynched by the British as well. He needs to pull on the front for Thomas and show what a lovely guy he is :) The French would warm to him.

I’m sure the prospect of that notion gives you a little .... buzz. But it’s unequivocally untrue ... and even 21,000 posts don’t make it any less silly. But ... then again ... what you got left to play for?
 
Oct 6, 2009
5,270
2
0
thehog said:
I think the Dawg has conceded. The world hates him as it is, if he went on a long range attack on Friday I think he’d be lynched by the British as well. He needs to pull on the front for Thomas and show what a lovely guy he is :) The French would warm to him.
This reads like a David Walsh article. :p
 
Beech Mtn said:
thehog said:
I think the Dawg has conceded. The world hates him as it is, if he went on a long range attack on Friday I think he’d be lynched by the British as well. He needs to pull on the front for Thomas and show what a lovely guy he is :) The French would warm to him.
This reads like a David Walsh article. :p
I’m a huge fan of his work :cool:
 
Oct 6, 2009
5,270
2
0
thehog said:
Beech Mtn said:
thehog said:
I think the Dawg has conceded. The world hates him as it is, if he went on a long range attack on Friday I think he’d be lynched by the British as well. He needs to pull on the front for Thomas and show what a lovely guy he is :) The French would warm to him.
This reads like a David Walsh article. :p
I’m a huge fan of his work :cool:
Already placed your pre-order for the upcoming, just-in-time-for-Xmas, "Yellow Geezus" by David Walsh?
 
Beech Mtn said:
thehog said:
Beech Mtn said:
thehog said:
I think the Dawg has conceded. The world hates him as it is, if he went on a long range attack on Friday I think he’d be lynched by the British as well. He needs to pull on the front for Thomas and show what a lovely guy he is :) The French would warm to him.
This reads like a David Walsh article. :p
I’m a huge fan of his work :cool:
Already placed your pre-order for the upcoming, just-in-time-for-Xmas, "Yellow Geezus" by David Walsh?
Oh Shirley! It will happen won’t it? :eek:
 
Sep 11, 2016
122
0
0
Re:

Amazinmets87 said:
Froome is pulling a classic rope-a-dope. We will bear witness to jetfueled ride that will shock and awe this afternoon.
I am done writing Froome off. He has staged more far fetched comebacks and looked completely done before, just to power through the next moment/stage. Or times where he looked like breaking but did not. This Giro and the Vuelta (which year?) against Contador where he yo-yoed comes to mind at the top of the head.

Although, it seems improbable, and following all logic all normal riders would feel the fatigue from the Giro by now.

But I would no longer rule out anything with him and Sky. A good day today and 2 minutes gained, he would be within reasonable distance of Thomas to overtake him on the time trial.

But let's hope it will not happen. It would actually be reassuring, to see that even Froome has a limit. It has not seemed that way for long now.
 
Re:

Amazinmets87 said:
Froome is pulling a classic rope-a-dope. We will bear witness to jetfueled ride that will shock and awe this afternoon.
come on, it is not going to happen. It's so hilarious to read the same people firstly posting "hopefully, froome won't explode the tour and pull off one more landis" and then "what a farsical and ludicrious a sport of cycling is..." :D
 
Re: Re:

brownbobby said:
Blanco said:
TourOfSardinia said:
:confused: What went wrong with the program yesterday?
Nothing went wrong. Thomas is designate to win this Tour, Froome will be a hero for helping his mate out (although he didn't help him at all).
He might not have helped Thomas physically.....but neither has he held him back in anyway with diva demands or strops. Considering past scenarios within Team Sky which have negatively impacted Froome this is a contribution to Thomas' win (should it happen) which is not insignificant...
Oh he would held him back if it was his call, but it wasn't. Sir Dave is pulling the strings here...
 
Re: Re:

Blanco said:
brownbobby said:
Blanco said:
TourOfSardinia said:
:confused: What went wrong with the program yesterday?
Nothing went wrong. Thomas is designate to win this Tour, Froome will be a hero for helping his mate out (although he didn't help him at all).
He might not have helped Thomas physically.....but neither has he held him back in anyway with diva demands or strops. Considering past scenarios within Team Sky which have negatively impacted Froome this is a contribution to Thomas' win (should it happen) which is not insignificant...
Oh he would held him back if it was his call, but it wasn't. Sir Dave is pulling the strings here...
That's just your opinion, based on no evidence whatsoever.....of course Brailsford calls the shots, but if we rewind to 2012 and the Wiggins/Froome scenario there were very obvious signs of tension and discontent between the pair.

Who knows what goes on behind closed doors, but to the outside world at least Froome has shown no signs whatsoever of wanting to hold Thomas back; on the contrary...other than natural frustration and disappointment in his own form, he's seemed genuinely happy to see his mate doing well.

You might disagree, but i think that's credit to Froome's character.
 
Jul 10, 2009
918
0
0
Re:

UlleGigo said:
We could get Froome does Landis 2: Tourmaloo after the transition day, peeps. I'm not expecting it to be honest. It seems like Froome is willing a share around the undeserved victories since they're going cheap for Sky these days. But just dream for a moment. Wouldn't it be magical to get one more Landesque-not-normal-mutant-yolo raid? Bring it on.
Can anyone please tell me a time you know when Froome has gifted a stage to someone?? There are several cases I can think of regarding Contador gifting someone a stage, a teammate or a friend in another team, I ain't see that from Froome. He could have pushed Wiggins aside, does someone call it tunnel vision or plain selfishness?

Me thinks the Keg will come out today. Transformed from "tired" on wednesday to superman today.
 
Jul 10, 2009
918
0
0
Re: Re:

ahsoe said:
Amazinmets87 said:
Froome is pulling a classic rope-a-dope. We will bear witness to jetfueled ride that will shock and awe this afternoon.
I am done writing Froome off. He has staged more far fetched comebacks and looked completely done before, just to power through the next moment/stage. Or times where he looked like breaking but did not. This Giro and the Vuelta (which year?) against Contador where he yo-yoed comes to mind at the top of the head.

Although, it seems improbable, and following all logic all normal riders would feel the fatigue from the Giro by now.

But I would no longer rule out anything with him and Sky. A good day today and 2 minutes gained, he would be within reasonable distance of Thomas to overtake him on the time trial.

But let's hope it will not happen. It would actually be reassuring, to see that even Froome has a limit. It has not seemed that way for long now.
You know I am not all against Froome overtaking Thomas, that will be one absolutely ticked off Thomas. I have said there are two ways Froome can be exposed, Balco-like syringe mailed or a ticked off teammate (aka Landis expose Armstrong). Perhaps such a blatant selfishness will trigger some mailed in data for a Reasoned Decision. (Wada UK has to step up for that - so far, don't look they can be trusted. Thomas might go to Travis of Wada USA)
 
I think the booing and negative press simply got too much for him. Not too far off the top riders but never recovered from the early time loss and he may well have decided that it is better to be off the podium to avoid the likely boos that would ensue. Bernal is the obvious leader in waiting but with Froome you just never know what is coming next.
 
If Simon Yates manages to replicate his early Giro form in the Tour next year while avoiding the meltdown at the end and Roglic and Dumoulin (and hopefully Quintana, Porte, Landa, Nibali and Bardet as well) show up fresh and fully primed, while Thomas and Bernal are both juiced up enough to follow Froome and start some infighting among the Sky boys, next year's Tour could be the most hilarious ever.

Here's hoping. Cycling is basically WWE at this point, so might as well just pit everyone up against each other.
 
Sep 11, 2016
122
0
0
Re:

Saint Unix said:
If Simon Yates manages to replicate his early Giro form in the Tour next year while avoiding the meltdown at the end and Roglic and Dumoulin (and hopefully Quintana, Porte, Landa, Nibali and Bardet as well) show up fresh and fully primed, while Thomas and Bernal are both juiced up enough to follow Froome and start some infighting among the Sky boys, next year's Tour could be the most hilarious ever.

Here's hoping. Cycling is basically WWE at this point, so might as well just pit everyone up against each other.
Even though, I agree with you to some extent on your wrestling comparison, your preview of the Tour 2019 makes me quite excited:)
 

ASK THE COMMUNITY