Teams & Riders Froome Talk Only

Page 1321 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

Franklin said:
macbindle said:
Perhaps you missed what the head of the governing body said about Froome a couple of weeks ago.

Just so you know, the governing body is called the UCI, and it's head is called Lappartient.

You really should make the effort to follow the story
Wada governs anti-doping. You knew exactly what I meant as you has shown in another post (a bit silly to try to feign ignorance, it would have been a nicer snide attack had you not posted there... but hey).

But yeah, any claim by you for not running defense is evaporating quickly now. The strawman strategy is easy to call out.
Defence against what? What am I defending Sky from?

Re:

ontheroad said:
Clear dilemna when Thomas attacked and went clear but Froome just couldn't help himself in chasing down hiw own teammate.

He revealed another bit of his character again in that last 2km.
Wasn’t chasing down his own team mate. Chasing down Dumoulin. GT win + YJ was planned.

pastronef said:
hfer07 said:
JosephK said:
macbindle said:
ahsoe said:
As expected, unfortunately.
Only question yet is if Thomas can keep Froome behind. And is allowed to.

Perhaps next year they will complete the top 3 of the race.
Every mountain stage somebody posts "Froome to go full genius". Doesn't happen more than it happens.

Don't complain. It isn't going to be a Froome walk over
Froome in a cakewalk. G is allowed his yellow jersey and stage win(s), but Froome will wear yellow in Paris, unless he crashes. That's a done deal.

We have just witnessed the greatest absurdity of the sport: The Magic Kenyan in display of his vast superiority allowed his team mate to win the stage while destroying all the GC rivals, just having G warmed up the Jersey for a bit, until he unleashes at will his ultimate blow in the 3rd week............................................... ALL AFTER WINNING IL GIRO :mad:

THIS IS BVLLSH!T :mad:
Dumo was 2nd at the Giro, 46 seconds behind Froome, he attacked and beat all the climber, as did Froome today. did you see Dumo?
Dumoulin has an own thread. Few people believe he is clean. Its not his 4th GT in a row. Even less is he winning GT after GT. He was at least a talented junior. He looks at least like he is suffering/paying for efforts.

Re:

ppanther92 said:
But lets focus on the important point: history is written directly in front of our eyes. If Froome wins this (and i have little doubt), we are lucky enough to witness one of the greatest athletic achievments in history.

Not really. It's not really an achievement when everyone knows they are not only doping at a high level but have WADA in their pocket to get away with anything they want. Plus a lot of people are just flat out tuning out.

Jul 10, 2009
I cannot understand Sky and froome. How can anyone be in this sort of shape after Winning the Giro?? I am baffled. I can't even write about it, where does one start? I have decided to cancel my cycling TV subscription and not follow cycling any more. May be in a couple years it will be better. There are some people who like cycling but have no clue what happens on the Pro circuit.

Oh, just for kicks he (Froome) will win the Vuelta this year as well. This a a real superman juice, body does not tire, lungs are always fresh and plenty of strength.

Re:

jilbiker said:
I cannot understand Sky and froome. How can anyone be in this sort of shape after Winning the Giro?? I am baffled. I can't even write about it, where does one start? I have decided to cancel my cycling TV subscription and not follow cycling any more. May be in a couple years it will be better. There are some people who like cycling but have no clue what happens on the Pro circuit.

Oh, just for kicks he (Froome) will win the Vuelta this year as well. This a a real superman juice, body does not tire, lungs are always fresh and plenty of strength.
Froome did all that by beating a postive test and Brailsford telling the UCI President he is a small town mayor! :cool:

Froome, Brailsfraud and the rest of them must be feeling invincible right now as they've ridden away from yet another scandal and even managed to get away scot free (at least legally, since their reputation with the public is in tatters) from a positve test that would have and has resulted in a ban for pretty much any other athlete that has tested similarly. I can't even imagine the hubris, but it's no surprise they're so blinded by it that they have the balls and the lack of shame required to pull off a ride like G's and still keep a straight face.

Re:

Saint Unix said:
Froome, Brailsfraud and the rest of them must be feeling invincible right now as they've ridden away from yet another scandal and even managed to get away scot free (at least legally, since their reputation with the public is in tatters) from a positve test that would have and has resulted in a ban for pretty much any other athlete that has tested similarly. I can't even imagine the hubris, but it's no surprise they're so blinded by it that they have the balls and the lack of shame required to pull off a ride like G's and still keep a straight face.
Cue Brailsfraud to pen "We Might as Well Win" and think it an original title!

Re:

jilbiker said:

If it carries on at this level, then it'll be hilarious. I do wonder how the 3rd week will pan out. The cynic in me sees TD fade badly, the other favourites get stronger but way too little and way too late, and CF to just destroy everyone and win by his largest margin ever.

The new way to peak for the Tour is to win the Giro and use the additional stress of fighting a doping case ;)

Re:

Saint Unix said:
Portal couldn't keep a straight face yesterday. All through the interview, which he handled with his typical skill, he looked as if he was about to burst out laughing.

Singer01

BANNED
Nov 18, 2013

wirral said:
Saint Unix said:
Portal couldn't keep a straight face yesterday. All through the interview, which he handled with his typical skill, he looked as if he was about to burst out laughing.
Did he though, did he really? Or does this just fit your narrative?

More importantly, if Froome does the Giro/TDF double, will he finally crack the sports personality of the year? The adoration of the UK public is something he has never really managed to attain.

Singer01 said:
wirral said:
Saint Unix said:

More importantly, if Froome does the Giro/TDF double, will he finally crack the sports personality of the year? The adoration of the UK public is something he has never really managed to attain.
With Harry picking up the Golden Boot??? No chance.

Singer01 said:
wirral said:
Saint Unix said:

Narrative. ;) Though, even I, a big Froome fan, caught some sheer routine in the way portal was looking like and speaking. Probably, Sky are a bit dumbfounded about others being so weak.

dacooley said:
Singer01 said:
wirral said:
Saint Unix said:

Narrative. ;) Though, even I, a big Froome fan, caught some sheer routine in the way portal was looking like and speaking. Probably, Sky are a bit dumbfounded about others being so weak.
This is a new angle to explain away the dominance of Sky, the rest are just crap!!

Singer01

BANNED
Nov 18, 2013

Saint Unix said:
Singer01 said:
In order to win that he has to actually have one.
Nigel Mansell and Andy Murray say hello.

ASK THE COMMUNITY