Teams & Riders Froome Talk Only

Page 1322 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re:

ontheroad said:
Jonathan Edwards complaining about the fan pushing Froome.

Whilst that sort of behaviour cannot be condoned the media have short memories.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=An9O42iMUBw

Not forgetting Froome shoving Aru during last years tour and letting him know who is boss. What's good for the goose is good for the gander. The hypocrisy of some media know no bounds.
I'll be honest. I don't blame the Dawg for punching the 'fan'. I've not seen what the fans have done today but I cannot condone them attacking any riders.
 
Re: Re:

Singer01 said:
More importantly, if Froome does the Giro/TDF double, will he finally crack the sports personality of the year?
No chance. Even if does the double this doesn't compare to scoring a hat-trick against Panama and getting one shot on target in the knock-out stages. Harry Kane is odds on favourite.
 
Re: Re:

Singer01 said:
Saint Unix said:
Singer01 said:
More importantly, if Froome does the Giro/TDF double, will he finally crack the sports personality of the year? The adoration of the UK public is something he has never really managed to attain.
In order to win that he has to actually have one.
Nigel Mansell and Andy Murray say hello.
These guys are Donald Trumps compared to Donkey.
 
Froome's strategy

I think Froome is using the ol' "take it easy for every stage but one" strategy, which was executed to perfection in the Giro. Why race hard for three weeks when you can just bottle it up for one single day of suffering?
 
Re: Froome's strategy

Huapango said:
I think Froome is using the ol' "take it easy for every stage but one" strategy, which was executed to perfection in the Giro. Why race hard for three weeks when you can just bottle it up for one single day of suffering?
it's not like finestre-like moves are entirely managable, controllable and bound to succeed. :D though, froome's ambitions obviously won't give G easy time in the remaining stages.
 
Jul 10, 2009
918
0
0
I think Froome is playing with GT, he can easily whisk away and put 2 minutes on him. Speaking about impact of Giro, I remember Contador's two times he tried the double made so much noise about recovery. Quintana last year looked baked. What is different with Froome?! After that 75 mile plunge in the Giro and the next day was still cooking everyone, I was stunned, it defied all physiological logic. Is he an alien? Armstrong claimed that he was born with a different physio, we know now that was hogwash. if it sounds too good to be true, then it probably is.

But what is this super juice? It can't be BB, full or micro, the bike motto does not cover looking fresh the next day. The only place I have seen this kind of recovery is with BodyBuilders and of course with the aid of juice.
 
Sep 11, 2016
122
0
0
Re:

jilbiker said:
I think Froome is playing with GT, he can easily whisk away and put 2 minutes on him. Speaking about impact of Giro, I remember Contador's two times he tried the double made so much noise about recovery. Quintana last year looked baked. What is different with Froome?! After that 75 mile plunge in the Giro and the next day was still cooking everyone, I was stunned, it defied all physiological logic. Is he an alien? Armstrong claimed that he was born with a different physio, we know now that was hogwash. if it sounds too good to be true, then it probably is.

But what is this super juice? It can't be BB, full or micro, the bike motto does not cover looking fresh the next day. The only place I have seen this kind of recovery is with BodyBuilders and of course with the aid of juice.
Yes, it is remarkable. And whatever combination or new product they have found, it surely works wonders for Froome (and Sky). We haven't seen a doping combo like this, that can enable you first of all become a GT contender, then dominate the Tour and now keep you going for a fourth grand tour win in a row.

The explanations can be any of these or a combination:

-they take larger quantities of doping than their competitors
-they have perfected the mix of products
-they have access to products/techniques not available to their competitors
-Froome is a super super responder (he must be)

The whole marginal gains discussion, I don't buy. In my opinion, it can give you the edge over your competitors, but not make you so much better as we have seen Sky are.

Froome and Thomas are racing along at the pace that Sky is setting, which is blowing up the other GC contenders, and are still able to attack on the final mountain and get a gap very quickly. They must be very strong. And furthermore, you continuously get the feeling, that they are not even going full gas.

But hopefully, we will at some point get an answer to the question.
 
Jul 10, 2009
918
0
0
Re: Re:

ahsoe said:
jilbiker said:
I think Froome is playing with GT, he can easily whisk away and put 2 minutes on him. Speaking about impact of Giro, I remember Contador's two times he tried the double made so much noise about recovery. Quintana last year looked baked. What is different with Froome?! After that 75 mile plunge in the Giro and the next day was still cooking everyone, I was stunned, it defied all physiological logic. Is he an alien? Armstrong claimed that he was born with a different physio, we know now that was hogwash. if it sounds too good to be true, then it probably is.

But what is this super juice? It can't be BB, full or micro, the bike motto does not cover looking fresh the next day. The only place I have seen this kind of recovery is with BodyBuilders and of course with the aid of juice.
Yes, it is remarkable. And whatever combination or new product they have found, it surely works wonders for Froome (and Sky). We haven't seen a doping combo like this, that can enable you first of all become a GT contender, then dominate the Tour and now keep you going for a fourth grand tour win in a row.

The explanations can be any of these or a combination:

-they take larger quantities of doping than their competitors
-they have perfected the mix of products
-they have access to products/techniques not available to their competitors
-Froome is a super super responder (he must be)

The whole marginal gains discussion, I don't buy. In my opinion, it can give you the edge over your competitors, but not make you so much better as we have seen Sky are.

Froome and Thomas are racing along at the pace that Sky is setting, which is blowing up the other GC contenders, and are still able to attack on the final mountain and get a gap very quickly. They must be very strong. And furthermore, you continuously get the feeling, that they are not even going full gas.

But hopefully, we will at some point get an answer to the question.
I think unfortunately the only way we will be able to get some insight is if someone mails in a syringe (BALCO) or some disgruntled Sky fella spills his guts (without Landis spilling, LA would still be classified an alien hero). Yes, its also the whole Sky, isn't this the same Wout Poels who baked 500watts on almost every mountain at the Giro for Froome? Now doing the same weeks after? I think there will be health impact down the line and someone's conscience will cause a spill.
 
Although it hurts to say I can only wish for the sponsors to take their hands off of the Tour and other GC events. SKY in general and Froome in particular are giving cycling a bad air (if it could even be worsened post LA). Money always talks but a likely scenario is that post winning the Giro, the Tour and the Vuelta in one streak, becoming the most accomplished cyclist ever all-times, Froome moves on with new endeavors. Problem (temporarily) solved (till the next SKY-bot emerges)
 
That would require rule changes, though that's not out of the question. Just for example, the UCI (or ASO for that matter) could say they will refuse to allow teams to race that are not part of the MPCC.

Salary caps were mentioned in the past, but with team sponsorship I don't see that happening. It would take a real intricate level of luxury tax and revenue sharing in order to make that happen.

As to Sky being "caught", I'm not assuming everyone is charged, or even most people know. I believe something very covert, and very specific is going on. A much more refined, much more discrete, version of USPS. But the truth eventually comes out.
 
Re: Re:

hfer07 said:
JosephK said:
macbindle said:
ahsoe said:
As expected, unfortunately.
Only question yet is if Thomas can keep Froome behind. And is allowed to.

Perhaps next year they will complete the top 3 of the race.
Every mountain stage somebody posts "Froome to go full genius". Doesn't happen more than it happens.

Don't complain. It isn't going to be a Froome walk over
Froome in a cakewalk. G is allowed his yellow jersey and stage win(s), but Froome will wear yellow in Paris, unless he crashes. That's a done deal.

We have just witnessed the greatest absurdity of the sport: The Magic Kenyan in display of his vast superiority allowed his team mate to win the stage while destroying all the GC rivals, just having G warmed up the Jersey for a bit, until he unleashes at will his ultimate blow in the 3rd week............................................... ALL AFTER WINNING IL GIRO :mad:


THIS IS BVLLSH!T :mad:
It's all for show. He's allowing Thomas his 15 minutes in the spotlights but he'll strike soon. Dumoulin will fade. Froome won't notice the Giro in his legs because after all he trains harder than anyone else.
 
Re: Re:

LaFlorecita said:
It's all for show. He's allowing Thomas his 15 minutes in the spotlights but he'll strike soon. Dumoulin will fade. Froome won't notice the Giro in his legs because after all he trains harder than anyone else.
don't get upset so much. in a week, we will have a new tour winner when G. comes up in an image of cycling knight and save the world from mental disorders, caused by froome's tour occupation. :)
 
Re: Re:

LaFlorecita said:
hfer07 said:
JosephK said:
macbindle said:
ahsoe said:
As expected, unfortunately.
Only question yet is if Thomas can keep Froome behind. And is allowed to.

Perhaps next year they will complete the top 3 of the race.
Every mountain stage somebody posts "Froome to go full genius". Doesn't happen more than it happens.

Don't complain. It isn't going to be a Froome walk over
Froome in a cakewalk. G is allowed his yellow jersey and stage win(s), but Froome will wear yellow in Paris, unless he crashes. That's a done deal.

We have just witnessed the greatest absurdity of the sport: The Magic Kenyan in display of his vast superiority allowed his team mate to win the stage while destroying all the GC rivals, just having G warmed up the Jersey for a bit, until he unleashes at will his ultimate blow in the 3rd week............................................... ALL AFTER WINNING IL GIRO :mad:


THIS IS BVLLSH!T :mad:
It's all for show. He's allowing Thomas his 15 minutes in the spotlights but he'll strike soon. Dumoulin will fade. Froome won't notice the Giro in his legs because after all he trains harder than anyone else.
Yep, kinda how I see things playing out over the next week.
 
Re: Re:

Yep, kinda how I see things playing out over the next week.
Ditto. Froome has perfected getting into shape while riding a grand tour.

Week one- base phase
Week two- Build/Strength/Threshold Phase
Week three- Peak/Speed Phase

It's the new thing.
 
Jul 10, 2009
918
0
0
Did anyone notice Froome constantly looking back at Dumoulin? He is very worried about him. Emhhh..I wonder why, since Froome is the only one with the magic juice, or is he?. My theory...Froome is asking why is Mr D still firing on all cylinders after Giro just like me? Has he perhaps gotten some of my magic keg? Has UCI decided in retaliation on Sky and Froome to turn a blind eye to any whatever they see in results of folks (other than Sky and Froome of course)? Therefore anyone can do what ever? He wonders and I also wonder. I am not really concerned about D's freakish riding after Giro legs, its an open market, Sky opened it with this by pass judgement on Froome engineered by coins.

But I think Froome should be worried because the only way to beat Sky is not raw power (they got that plenty), its brains...and D has plenty of that, more than Froome and G. Froome knows only power so what will we get next? another 75 mile plunge? I am thinking the 65km mountain stage will be crucial.
 
Sky has a secret plan for dropping Dumo, and I do mean dropping:

“In the past we said, ‘Guys, stay up front to avoid the crashes.’ Now we say, 'Don’t stay behind Froome, it’s dangerous,'" Copeland explained.

“That’s a grotesque situation: ‘Don’t stay behind a rider because he’s being targeted’, but the truth is that he’s facing the risk of something happening every day. Chris told me that himself when we spoke recently. The other day on Alpe d’Huez, Vincenzo was behind Froome after he’d attacked. Chris managed to avoid the motorbikes and everything. Vincenzo went down.”
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/bahrain-merida-considering-legal-action-against-tour-de-france-after-nibali-crash/
 
Re:

Merckx index said:
Sky has a secret plan for dropping Dumo, and I do mean dropping:

“In the past we said, ‘Guys, stay up front to avoid the crashes.’ Now we say, 'Don’t stay behind Froome, it’s dangerous,'" Copeland explained.

“That’s a grotesque situation: ‘Don’t stay behind a rider because he’s being targeted’, but the truth is that he’s facing the risk of something happening every day. Chris told me that himself when we spoke recently. The other day on Alpe d’Huez, Vincenzo was behind Froome after he’d attacked. Chris managed to avoid the motorbikes and everything. Vincenzo went down.”
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/bahrain-merida-considering-legal-action-against-tour-de-france-after-nibali-crash/
ok then, how is that sky's plan? how do you know what sky are thinking, this article has nothing from sky yet you feel can bring back and article abot Nibali and blame it on sky/froome

this article is about Froome getting attacked by so called fans at the side of the road yet you can't but help to bring it back to your non proof doping
 
Re: Re:

rick james said:
Merckx index said:
Sky has a secret plan for dropping Dumo, and I do mean dropping:

“In the past we said, ‘Guys, stay up front to avoid the crashes.’ Now we say, 'Don’t stay behind Froome, it’s dangerous,'" Copeland explained.

“That’s a grotesque situation: ‘Don’t stay behind a rider because he’s being targeted’, but the truth is that he’s facing the risk of something happening every day. Chris told me that himself when we spoke recently. The other day on Alpe d’Huez, Vincenzo was behind Froome after he’d attacked. Chris managed to avoid the motorbikes and everything. Vincenzo went down.”
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/bahrain-merida-considering-legal-action-against-tour-de-france-after-nibali-crash/
ok then, how is that sky's plan? how do you know what sky are thinking, this article has nothing from sky yet you feel can bring back and article abot Nibali and blame it on sky/froome

this article is about Froome getting attacked by so called fans at the side of the road yet you can't but help to bring it back to your non proof doping
This is a totally plausible scenario. Sky will pay someone to throw a punch at Froome, but actually hit TD. You saw all of those chamois sniffers on the Roubaix state, lining up for a chance to give Puff Daddy Froome a wheel. I'm sure any one of them will be willing to punch TD for Froome.

Am I joking? I don't think you're cognitively capable of answering that question, so like Merckx, I'll leave it a mystery...
 
bigcog said:
MartinGT said:
When the race reaches the Pyrenees the Dawg will goto defcon 10 don't you worry..
Nope, he's left it too late. Only one mountain top finish left and Dumo has edge in ITT. For Sky it will be Thomas, and only Froome as an insurance policy if Thomas falters.
Agree with this completely, I think Froome is 3rd favourite now behind Thomas and Dumoulin.

To be comfortable to the point they would hold Thomas back, Froome needs to put at least another minute into Dumoulin before the ITT. That just doesn’t look like happening.
 

ASK THE COMMUNITY