• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Froome Talk Only

Page 1322 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

The Hitch said:
Saint Unix said:
If Simon Yates manages to replicate his early Giro form in the Tour next year while avoiding the meltdown at the end and Roglic and Dumoulin (and hopefully Quintana, Porte, Landa, Nibali and Bardet as well) show up fresh and fully primed, while Thomas and Bernal are both juiced up enough to follow Froome and start some infighting among the Sky boys, next year's Tour could be the most hilarious ever.

Here's hoping. Cycling is basically WWE at this point, so might as well just pit everyone up against each other.

Cycling is like wwe you are right. Difference is in wwe its mostly children that think its real and they'll learn better soon. In cycling there is a small group of middle aged lycra warriors who still think it's real
who?

I for one am for flooding the gates and just allow everything. Let's allow Ricco to return as well and see sub 35 minute Alpe records

The Hitch said:
Saint Unix said:
If Simon Yates manages to replicate his early Giro form in the Tour next year while avoiding the meltdown at the end and Roglic and Dumoulin (and hopefully Quintana, Porte, Landa, Nibali and Bardet as well) show up fresh and fully primed, while Thomas and Bernal are both juiced up enough to follow Froome and start some infighting among the Sky boys, next year's Tour could be the most hilarious ever.

Here's hoping. Cycling is basically WWE at this point, so might as well just pit everyone up against each other.

Cycling is like wwe you are right. Difference is in wwe its mostly children that think its real and they'll learn better soon. In cycling there is a small group of middle aged lycra warriors who still think it's real

If you hate the sport that much why watch it? If you can’t stand the way the sport is why put yourself through the pain of watching races????Is it because you feel superior and you are right and everybody else is wrong

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site

rick james said:
The Hitch said:
Saint Unix said:

If you hate the sport that much why watch it? If you can’t stand the way the sport is why put yourself through the pain of watching races????Is it because you feel superior and you are right and everybody else is wrong

Because all the world is a stage. and the Tour has plenty of them.

The Dawg will come out of this Tour a hero still. He will cite that the Vuelta, Giro and then a hard Tour was a little step too far. Showing to the borderline doubters he is human. When infact its probably sky holding off because of the heat of the last minute frenzy of them dropping the report off to WADA and wada dropping their load and as a result the case.

Re:

MartinGT said:
The Dawg will come out of this Tour a hero still. He will cite that the Vuelta, Giro and then a hard Tour was a little step too far. Showing to the borderline doubters he is human. When infact its probably sky holding off because of the heat of the last minute frenzy of them dropping the report off to WADA and wada dropping their load and as a result the case.

is that a lie?

The Hitch said:

You are wrong. You should get out among people and the general cycling fans more. Will do you good.

rick james said:
MartinGT said:

is that a lie?

In what way? He's done the Vuelta and giro and then. Tour.

I don’t understand why some posters repeatedly cite Vuelta-Giro-Tour as too much. The Vuelta was last year, he had all winter to recover. There’s no reason to believe that if Froome had skipped the Vuelta last year his double attempt this year would have been any different. When Contador attempted the double in 2015, I don’t recall anyone claiming that if he hadn’t won the Vuelta the previous year he would have performed better in the Tour. Certainly Contador never cited that Vuelta as an additional obstacle when he planned the double, nor did any of his fans use it as an excuse or explanation of what-if when he came up short in the Tour.

Possibly the pre-Giro crash, which weakened Froome in the opening stages and resulted in lost time he had to gain back, had some effect, but mostly, one expects a 33 year old rider is not going to be at his best in the Tour after winning the Giro. As I said in another thread, I find Dumoulin’s likely second-second more impressive—and inevitably, very suspicious in Clinic terms—because no one has done that since Pantani (Contador did Giro win-Tour top 5 twice, though the first time didn’t count). One can imagine a few things different—Dumoulin’s chase of Froome in the Giro; no mechanical in the first week of the Tour; no bonus seconds—and he might have won both. I look at what he's done, and though the attempt fell short, it came close enough to make one think it can be done.

Seems journalists at Le Monde had access to Froome's weight data, this article mentionned Froome losing 4.5kg in 7 weeks before Vuelta 2011 and Another couple kilograms before TdF 2012 where he allegedly weighed 67-68kg
Which means 74kg in spring 2011, 69-70 at Vuelta 2011.

A pro rider losing 10% of his body mass :eek:

https://www.lemonde.fr/cyclisme/article/2018/07/25/tour-de-france-les-leaders-a-plein-regime_5335688_1616656.html

L’incroyable basculement de sa carrière, sur le Tour d’Espagne 2011, coïncide avec une perte de poids digne d’un boxeur avant la pesée, sous la pression d’une fin de contrat imminente chez Sky : cet été-là, Froome perd 4,5 kilos en sept semaines et se présente au départ de la Vuelta à moins de 69 kilos. « Je me suis affamé pour perdre du poids, et je ne crois pas que cela soit sain ni soutenable », dira-t-il plus tard. Il descendra deux kilos plus bas à l’aube de son premier Tour de France, en 2012.

The incredible tilting of his career, on the 2011 Tour of Spain, coincides with a weight loss worthy of a boxer before the weigh-in, under the pressure of an impending end of contract at Sky: this summer, Froome loses 4.5 kilos in seven weeks and comes from the Vuelta to less than 69 kilos. "I hungered for weight loss, and I do not think it's healthy or sustainable," he says later. He will descend two kilograms lower at the dawn of his first Tour de France, in 2012.

MC told Kimmage that Froome "starved himself" before that Vuelta. That was Part II of the interview. But in Part I he told Kimmage that he weighed 70-71 kg at Barloworld. As always with Froome, there are conflicting accounts, depending on the point he wants to make.

Also as far back as 2008 he talked about how he was extremely attentive to and experimental with diet. It beggars belief that someone like that would suddenly discover he could lose massive amounts of weight. Yet in the Part II Kimmage interview, MC says she showed Froome how he could lose all that weight without starving himself, as if Froome was a complete neophyte about diet at the time.

Knutsen said:
The Hitch said:

You are wrong. You should get out among people and the general cycling fans more. Will do you good.
The last time I saw someone on here offer an argument for why they believe sky, without at least one personal insult or shot at those who dont believe, was probably 2013

Coincidentally and to argue the point, the last time I had or heard a discussion about cycling, that didn't involve - but they all dope, was 2012. It was box hill and the hill was full of extremely patriotic bits who were too invested in wiggins to accept that cycling and doping went together. They did later start to talk about doping when a brit didn't win but vinoukurov did.
Of course the cheer when the commentator mentioned David Millar with 30k to go was deafening. Which made the commentary of vino quite hypocritical.

Anyway I think it will be very hard for you to make the argument that most ppl don't doubt froome and sky. 80%of Danes asked said thye doubted him and that was back in 2013 before the jiffy bag, the failed test and the 3 other tour wins

The Hitch said:
Knutsen said:
The Hitch said:

The last time I saw someone on here offer an argument for why they believe sky, without at least one personal insult or shot at those who dont believe, was probably 2013

Coincidentally and to argue the point, the last time I had or heard a discussion about cycling, that didn't involve - but they all dope, was 2012. It was box hill and the hill was full of extremely patriotic bits who were too invested in wiggins to accept that cycling and doping went together. They did later start to talk about doping when a brit didn't win but vinoukurov did.
Of course the cheer when the commentator mentioned David Millar with 30k to go was deafening. Which made the commentary of vino quite hypocritical.

Anyway I think it will be very hard for you to make the argument that most ppl don't doubt froome and sky. 80%of Danes asked said thye doubted him and that was back in 2013 before the jiffy bag, the failed test and the 3 other tour wins

Personal insults or shots you say, shocking.how dare they?

TRENDING THREADS