Froome Talk Only

Page 1353 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jul 9, 2012
1,501
0
0
Re:

PremierAndrew said:



7 weeks later




No scars, bruises, and especially no swelling?
Bruising and swelling go fairly quickly, a few weeks and most of it, if not all of it will be gone. The scars will be small based on the surgical incisions/staple line, plus the the footage you have uploaded is a bit blurred. I bust my upper arm in two places and it was deep purple from bruising which went in a few weeks at most.
 
I do agree the scares don't match. The bruising and swelling should be gone after a few weeks. But there should still be some noticeable scaring.

By contrast of what you see with Froome's leg, this picture is of Valverde's scars on his leg 2 years after his Tour crash. (This picture is from the presentation at this past weekend's San Sebastian.


Scars just don't disappear in few weeks. They can after 10 years or more. My husband has scars that aren't noticeable unless you are looking for them from ACL surgery over 20 years ago.

Having said all of that, I do believe Froome had a very nasty and scary crash. I'm just not fully convinced they injuries were as bad as they said.
 
It certainly is absurd to deny the evidence of this video, including the X-ray evidence. Guys and gals, his femur was in pieces! Never mind anything else. You may also assume Froome has received and is receiving the best of care for his rehabilitation. You can see some of this. It's easy to argue about how long it takes for scars to heal or not show and never agree That's hardly the point. We are all different and circumstances are too. Conspiracy theories are unnecessary and pointless. They are not deserving of your time.
 
Jul 9, 2012
1,501
0
0
Re:

Koronin said:
I do agree the scares don't match. The bruising and swelling should be gone after a few weeks. But there should still be some noticeable scaring.

By contrast of what you see with Froome's leg, this picture is of Valverde's scars on his leg 2 years after his Tour crash. (This picture is from the presentation at this past weekend's San Sebastian.


Scars just don't disappear in few weeks. They can after 10 years or more. My husband has scars that aren't noticeable unless you are looking for them from ACL surgery over 20 years ago.

Having said all of that, I do believe Froome had a very nasty and scary crash. I'm just not fully convinced they injuries were as bad as they said.
In terms of scars you are comparing two different fractures ... A fractured patella, if severe which Valverde had will leave a scar of about 6 to 8 inches down the kneecap area. This is totally different to a femur fracture where there will be an external fixator which will leave a few small scars on the side of the thigh near the injury area.
 
Re: Re:

bigcog said:
Koronin said:
I do agree the scares don't match. The bruising and swelling should be gone after a few weeks. But there should still be some noticeable scaring.

By contrast of what you see with Froome's leg, this picture is of Valverde's scars on his leg 2 years after his Tour crash. (This picture is from the presentation at this past weekend's San Sebastian.


Scars just don't disappear in few weeks. They can after 10 years or more. My husband has scars that aren't noticeable unless you are looking for them from ACL surgery over 20 years ago.

Having said all of that, I do believe Froome had a very nasty and scary crash. I'm just not fully convinced they injuries were as bad as they said.
In terms of scars you are comparing two different fractures ... A fractured patella, if severe which Valverde had will leave a scar of about 6 to 8 inches down the kneecap area. This is totally different to a femur fracture where there will be an external fixator which will leave a few small scars on the side of the thigh near the injury area.

To me those scars at this point should still be visible. As I said, I do believe he was injured.
 
Re: Re:

Koronin said:
bigcog said:
Koronin said:
I do agree the scares don't match. The bruising and swelling should be gone after a few weeks. But there should still be some noticeable scaring.

By contrast of what you see with Froome's leg, this picture is of Valverde's scars on his leg 2 years after his Tour crash. (This picture is from the presentation at this past weekend's San Sebastian.


Scars just don't disappear in few weeks. They can after 10 years or more. My husband has scars that aren't noticeable unless you are looking for them from ACL surgery over 20 years ago.

Having said all of that, I do believe Froome had a very nasty and scary crash. I'm just not fully convinced they injuries were as bad as they said.
In terms of scars you are comparing two different fractures ... A fractured patella, if severe which Valverde had will leave a scar of about 6 to 8 inches down the kneecap area. This is totally different to a femur fracture where there will be an external fixator which will leave a few small scars on the side of the thigh near the injury area.

To me those scars at this point should still be visible. As I said, I do believe he was injured.
That's only because you can actually think.
 
Sep 27, 2017
1,041
4
2,485
Re:

PremierAndrew said:



7 weeks later




No scars, bruises, and especially no swelling?
Sooo....Ineos and Froome create this great deception, French emergency first responsers are on board, highly respected Doctors. surgeons and medical institutions are on board, they then go to the trouble of producing and editing a professional PR video (not some youube clip filmed on a camera phone btw) over several weeks.....then some douchebag in the make up department forgets to draw his scars on for one of the scenes...DOH :eek:
 
I mean, if they were faking it, they could easily just say open fracture of femur, no need to lay out all the other injuries he suffered.
Also if they were faking it and worried about protecting a lie, it wouldn't be hard to have originally placed a neck brace on Froome for the photos, etc etc
Dan Martin also reported seeing the aftermath of the crash, and as mentioned by some others, and some highly acclaimed surgeons and medics would be risking their career for this "lie", something they just don't need to do.

BUT, the scars just don't match up, and Sky don't exactly have a history of being crystal clear. If they wanted to cover up a doping ban, they'd have the budget to do all this. Not saying it *is* a conspiracy, but I think it's fair to question it
 
Sep 27, 2017
1,041
4
2,485
Re:

PremierAndrew said:




First is an image released by Ineos to show the scarring to Froome's leg supposedly following the Dauphine crash

Second is an image of Froome's knee after a crash in Catalunya a few months earlier
Sorry, what am i missing here....i don't really understand what the relevance of these 2 photos taken pre and post crash is?
 

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS