• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Froome Talk Only

Page 188 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Mar 19, 2009
Visit site
We should keep a list of users who are now arguing that SKY are clean and have nothing to hide. If or when Froome is busted, I bet many of them we'll be the one's arguing that everybody's doped equally and all is always fair.

I here that they want to pass data to some doctor or trainer on a current top team (who is payed by them?). Sounds abit compromised to me...

EnacheV said:
so thats what is really all about?

buthurt south-europeans about not being no1 ?

sport history is full of this type of cycles. a simple look a football ECL winners list should help anyone understand, for example.

ECL winners list? I don't even know what the ECL is but ok... this is too much now. you don't know who brailsford is , you bring up obscure football stuff, why are you even bothered about cycling? Because a guy/team from your country is destroying everyone? Does that really motivate you enough to come to forums to tell us all about how little you know about anything.

Article from Guardian newspaper from last year http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/blog/2012/jul/10/tour-mountains-science-of-sport - some choice quotes:

Slower tour times bring things back into the realms of expected physiology.

When a rider produces performances that have "alien" physiology implications, it's a strong flag for doping

The "abnormal" physiology of years gone by came from guys who were sustaining 6.4W/kg for 45 minutes. That points to a human that has a VO2max of 97 ml/kg/min on the bike, or an efficiency of 28%, or can sustain 95% of max for 45 min at the end of five hours of racing. That just doesn't happen.

Can't find doping article this year in the Grauniad ...

May 26, 2009
Visit site
Pulpstar said:
Article from Guardian newspaper from last year http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/blog/2012/jul/10/tour-mountains-science-of-sport - some choice quotes:

When a rider produces performances that have "alien" physiology implications, it's a strong flag for doping

The "abnormal" physiology of years gone by came from guys who were sustaining 6.4W/kg for 45 minutes. That points to a human that has a VO2max of 97 ml/kg/min on the bike, or an efficiency of 28%, or can sustain 95% of max for 45 min at the end of five hours of racing. That just doesn't happen.

That was last year, Johan Brailsford had yet to deliever his keynote speech regarding the 'Evolution of man'.

Pulpstar said:

Chris Froome, when coming second in the 2011 Vuelta TT (47km) rode at 5.8 W/kg for 55 minutes. That's likely to be close to what he and Wiggins produced in the Tour today, and is yet another indication of where the "ceiling" for that duration of effort lies.

Famous last words! :rolleyes:

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
thehog said:
Famous last words! :rolleyes:

I wonder why Brailsford allowed Dawg off the leash this tour
Would have been much smarter to just let him ride on the old human limit
But now they have to make up all these hillarious stories that not even jimmyvickers would believe in

May 27, 2012
Visit site
BigBoat said:
We should keep a list of users who are now arguing that SKY are clean and have nothing to hide. If or when Froome is busted, I bet many of them we'll be the one's arguing that everybody's doped equally and all is always fair.

I here that they want to pass data to some doctor or trainer on a current top team (who is payed by them?). Sounds abit compromised to me...

They'll be just like Armstrong fanboys; they'll just disappear, never to be heard from again.

Mar 4, 2010
Visit site
&#8207 said:
@Vaughters don't mean to bum you out again but 6.5 w/kg for an our is the new top rung

https://twitter.com/veloclinic/status/355432745058570240

Jeroen Swart said:
.@veloclinic @vaughters Hunter has clearly been smoking from the wrong side of the pipe. And I have plenty data from the very highest level.

Jeroen Swart
@JeroenSwart

Sports physician and Exercise physiologist. Founder of Science to Sport. Inventor of Ergofit, the worlds most accurate bike fitting system. Olympic coach.

https://twitter.com/JeroenSwart

Hunter Allan said:
Froome is clean. Get over it people. 6.5w/kg for an hour is the new top rung on the Power Profile. And guess what, he&#8217] and he’s telling the truth too when he says his FTP is between 440-460.

http://veloclinic.tumblr.com/post/55212114808/wattage-froome-is-clean-get-over-it-people

Vuelta Stage 10 Time Trial
Monday, August 29, 2011
by Chris Froome

Vuelt a Espana 2011 Stage 10: Salamanca 47km Stage Results: 1.Tony Martin (Ger) HTC-Highroad.0:55:54. 2.Christopher Froome (GBr) Team Sky.0:00:59.

Power (Watts): avg 405

http://www.trainingpeaks.com/av/Z3JDD63H2UVGP77YSXNITPULAE

He gained ~35-55 watts in a year @ age 27? Sounds clean alright. :rolleyes:

JV said the highest FTP he's ever seen in a garmin rider is Wiggins @ 6.1 W/kg for ~45 minutes. Pretty far from 6.5 W/kg for 64 min, as alleged by Sir Wiggins himself in 2012. Some improvement for a rider in his 30's. :eek:

the sceptic said:
I wonder why Brailsford allowed Dawg off the leash this tour
Would have been much smarter to just let him ride on the old human limit
But now they have to make up all these hillarious stories that not even jimmyvickers would believe in

If you watch this video the Dawg himself seems surprised at how full his retardation really was on Ax3.

"Seeing the results was quite mind-blowing"

Indeed, Dawg, indeed.

red_flanders said:
If you watch this video the Dawg himself seems surprised at how full his retardation really was on Ax3.

Indeed, Dawg, indeed.

I like his deflection of Vayer

In an article for Le Monde earlier this week, for instance, former Festina trainer Antoine Vayer estimated that Froome produced an average power output of 446 watts on the final climb to Ax 3 Domaines on Saturday, but the yellow jersey dismissed the figures when they were put to him during his press conference after stage 12 to Tours.

"I don't think it's humanly possible to average 440 watts for a whole stage so that's out of the question. That's far, far from what I think is possible," said Froome.

440w for the whole stage?

red_flanders said:
The vid is just his reflections the day after Ax3, he's not referring to Vayer, he's just relating his surprise at how far beyond everyone else he really is.

Did you read what I posted?

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/froome-dismisses-vayers-power-estimates

In an article for Le Monde earlier this week, for instance, former Festina trainer Antoine Vayer estimated that Froome produced an average power output of 446 watts on the final climb to Ax 3 Domaines on Saturday, but the yellow jersey dismissed the figures when they were put to him during his press conference after stage 12 to Tours.

"I don't think it's humanly possible to average 440 watts for a whole stage so that's out of the question. That's far, far from what I think is possible," said Froome.

I’ve noticed a trend over the past few years…if it’s a coincidence, it’s surely a very uncanny one.

Prior to the race, there’s alot of hype about one rider in particular. When the race starts and unfolds day by day, the other would-be serious contenders don’t seem to feature significantly like you thought. Then said hyped up rider wins.

Wow, how coincidental, eh!

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
pmcg76 said:
Well its only a few years since Allen was selling his coaching prowess in cycling magazines, his top clients at the time were Dan Lloyd & Dan Fleeman. Maybe his clientele has expanded and improved since then but I don't think he is coaching too many big hitters.

I said that he saw a lot of power files, not that he coached "big hitters" (although again, I know he does have some clients in the Tour).

TRENDING THREADS