• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Froome Talk Only

Page 210 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Mountain stages no longer get won by minutes, but by seconds. You can see cycling is clean because nobody can do long attacks in mountain stages anymore.
/Brailsford a year ago

yeah. So. Erm. What now mr Brailsford?
:D

Actually ,he is partly right. Besides Froome the rest of the top 10 are very close together.

hrotha said:
Exactly. Personally I think more should be made of the time Froome put on everybody else in a few km, with a tailwind, than of any climbing times, as those are going to be off for everyone. Doesn't make Froome (or Porte) any less ridiculous, mind.

The way the 3rd group rode didn't seem like there was tailwind.

I think there were Kreuziger, Murito, Moreno, Fuglsang, Belkin twins, Peraud, De Clercq, Rogers, Valverde and Martin together at one point after Chalet Reynard.

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
roundabout said:
The way the 3rd group rode didn't seem like there was tailwind.

I think there were Kreuziger, Murito, Moreno, Fuglsang, Belkin twins, Peraud, De Clercq, Rogers, Valverde and Martin together at one point after Chalet Reynard.

the third group with Ten Dam/Mollema had a head wind (source: Ten Dam).

sniper said:
Maarten Ducrot said he had never seen anybody excellerate like that on the Ventoux before.

WTF was he doing? Why would he remain seated as well and use that small of a gear?

Seems like a donk move like he makes many donk moves like in the echelon stage. Guy doesn't have a clue about pro cycling. I remember him in 2009 Giro. He looked worse then then Schleck today. He almost fell over and then crossed the road almost at a 90 degree angle 'to make the gradient smaller' according to the commentator, haha.

Or is he just above he curve? Spinners are winners?

Fortyninefourteen said:
France 2 really took the boots to Froome with such perfectly placed double-entendre and innuendo. Awesome.

I have really changed my opinion of Cédric Vasseur, who I previously found bland and politically correct. He did everything but out and out call Froome a doper, and I loved it when he suggested that team management had told him to slow it down to remain credible. Both him and Thierry Adam got on Froome's case for spending the better part of the climb chatting into the microphone with his DS

sniper said:
Maarten Ducrot said he had never seen anybody excellerate like that on the Ventoux before.

Noone has ever seen anyone accelerate like that, France2 even told froome that when they interviewed him after the race.

As they put it ... He was SPRINTING on the ventoux. Didn't even need to get out of his saddle

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
Next year, Giro->Porte (gift), Tour->Froome, Vuelta->Kennaugh, and I hope in 2015 Froome will make the triple, with a full Sky podium. And now it's sounds real to me.

frenchfry said:
I have really changed my opinion of Cédric Vasseur, who I previously found bland and politically correct. He did everything but out and out call Froome a doper, and I loved it when he suggested that team management had told him to slow it down to remain credible. Both him and Thierry Adam got on Froome's case for spending the better part of the climb chatting into the microphone with his DS

Good insight ff! Thnx :)

frenchfry said:

Thierry Adam was actually arguing against Vasseur's doping insinuations. But yeah it was so ridiculous that froome was on his earpiece the whole climb.

He clearly had loads of strength left because you don't ask your DS what to do if you're at full gas in the the last 3km of a climb. It was almost like he was asking for permission.

Dekker_Tifosi said:
Mountain stages no longer get won by minutes, but by seconds. You can see cycling is clean because nobody can do long attacks in mountain stages anymore.
/Brailsford a year ago

yeah. So. Erm. What now mr Brailsford?
:D

Actually ,he is partly right. Besides Froome the rest of the top 10 are very close together.

Yes!
I wish Brailsford would revisit this quote

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
I am sorry some of you guys can´t believe in miracles... :p

I think Froome just wanna show everybody (Brailsford inclusive) that he was truly p.i$$ed for two years to have to sit behind boring and weaker than him Wiggins. He is on a mission. No holds barred.

He might dope, he may not.

But i don´t understand the hate towards him. He is like Ullrich: Humble in interviews. You never hear a bad word from him. No personal attacks like Armstrong. He just "diesel it up" (ok, Ullrich never accelareted like him today, but otherwise Froome reminds me of his beautiful style).
No-nonsense in the saddle like the Schlecks and AC used to bore us with, less than two years ago.
No pointless gifts like Armstrong, that just lead to more sore apples.
And most importantly: no arrogant behavior like Armstrong. So after all i like this guy until (if he ever) gets caught.
I truly enjoy the ride. Who knows when will ever see such ecxiting (& most importantly fruitful) attacks again.

lemoogle said:
Thierry Adam was actually arguing against Vasseur's doping insinuations. But yeah it was so ridiculous that froome was on his earpiece the whole climb.

He clearly had loads of strength left because you don't ask your DS what to do if you're at full gas in the the last 3km of a climb. It was almost like he was asking for permission.

Maybe he and the car were deciding whether or not to give a stage to Quintana?

FoxxyBrown1111 said:
I am sorry some of you guys can´t believe in miracles... :p

I think Froome just wanna show everybody (Brailsford inclusive) that he was truly p.i$$ed for two years to have to sit behind boring and weaker than him Wiggins. He is on a mission. No holds barred.

He might dope, he may not.

I call your bluff, I don't think your opinion is anywhere close to what you pretend on here.