• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Froome Talk Only

Page 270 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jul 19, 2012
Visit site
rhubroma, i find it curious and / or suspicious that having claimed to have evidence you won't engage on what you are doing with that evidence.
Either you do or you don't, which is it? If you do what are you doing with it?
If you do why do you think it is a good idea to hint that you possess such on an internet forum? Surely that would be counter productive to catching Froome?
Are you here merely to get some satisfaction that the rest of your life does not provide?

Jul 10, 2013
Visit site
Snafu352 said:
Here is where you are failing old son, along with the majority of the clinic. There is masses of speculation, none of which is based on hard fact or data, thus it is not evidence whatever you or your chums may sincerely, deeply, wish to believe.

It is interesting when people wish to define parameters for the debate. It has always suggested to me that they wish to be able to mainipulate the discussion to suit their beliefs.

If and when real evidence is presented then fine until that point the un-substantiated claims, wild speculation passed off as fact and the level of vitriol is completely un-justified.

It seems to me that many of the clinics populance are still feeling **** hurt by their belief in armstrong and now want to be the first to attack rather than get hurt again. :D

As i said i don't know who is doping or not. Thankfully much as i enjoy cycling, things like style don't bother me but speculation piled on speculation until some claim it as evidence does. That's lying about others and that's what armstrong did and that's the thing i dislike him for more than the doping.
On TV the other day there was a televised re-trial of the convicted Scottish murderer Nat Fraser, who had been found guilty of murdering his wife in 1998, even though her body has never been found. There is no cast-iron PROOF that she is even dead, never mind that she was murdered. The circumstantial evidence, however, was overwhelming, to the extent that two different juries on two separate occasions found him guilty of her murder beyond reasonable doubt. Circumstantial evidence is evidence. Sometimes it is sufficient, sometimes it isn't. Evidence and fact are two different things. To say that there is no EVIDENCE of Froome being doped is simply not true. There is evidence to suggest that he is doping. Even if he isn't doping, there is evidence to suggest that he is.

Snafu352 said:
Actually he did not speak for me, he addressed his response to me.

Your opening triade above is quite funny given that it exactly what you have done in it. Very impressive writing :D

Back to the Froome stuff, he might well be doping, why would delivering the team data to WADA be a bad thing?

He undertook to speak for me. Please do try and keep up.

I have not opined on delivering the team data to WADA; why are you asking me to support the position that doing so would be a bad thing?

Snafu352 said:
rhubroma, i find it curious and / or suspicious that having claimed to have evidence you won't engage on what you are doing with that evidence.
Either you do or you don't, which is it? If you do what are you doing with it?
If you do why do you think it is a good idea to hint that you possess such on an internet forum? Surely that would be counter productive to catching Froome?
Are you here merely to get some satisfaction that the rest of your life does not provide?

I'm just not inclined to share it with you. I love the fact that you are dying in your own doubt. :p

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site
Red Lobster said:
Sigh. No. I explained above. Please reread.

You spoke in your explanation of the use of the word "we" about you speaking for the participants in it -

Red Lobster said:
We have such evidence, and it has been repeated many times above, but for whatever reason you simply disregard or dismiss it.

Red Lobster said:
"We" is referring those participating on the forum: you, me, the hog, darwin, et al.

Why am I lending myself to this view and how are you speaking for me?

Jul 19, 2012
Visit site
UlisesLima said:
There is evidence to suggest that he is doping. Even if he isn't doping, there is evidence to suggest that he is.

Evidence suggesting he is doping is different from evidence that he is doping. Most posts here take the latter stance. I can agree with the first but not the second.
There is speculation based on assumptions that is being presented as fact and used as evidence of doping.
In response to claims of times the same as known dopers somebody asked if the circumstances were the same for both rides, a deafening silence has greeted that question.
There are undoubtably questions to be asked and it appears that to an extent they are being asked more then in the armstrong era. It is interesting to note however that David Walsh is now being questioned / doubted as it appears he is not delviering the verdict at present that the clinic appear to want.
Maybe he will in time.

Jul 19, 2012
Visit site
rhubroma said:
I'm just not inclined to share it with you. I love the fact that you are dying in your own doubt. :p

So you are a bull****ter / troll then, fine. As long as i know who i am dealing with.

Not sure what the dying in doubt bit is about? :confused:

As i've said many times i don't know who is doping and who is not.

From the above comment of yours it is clear that you, along with me and all the other nobodies here, don't know either.

Snafu352 said:
So no answer to my earlier question? Why would WADA getting all the teams data be a bad thing?

Who said it was a bad thing?

However all teams need to work under the same governance and structure. One team can't bully its way in and say "here is our data to prove we're clean, we can never test positive now or have a passport case because WADA said so".

Do you understand the implications of this?

What happens if a passport case is opened up against Porte. It eventually goes to CAS and Sky in their defense use the fact that they sent data to WADA and they said they were clean. No one sees the data but WADA said they were clean.

No, it shouldn't happen. Unless every team works under the same framework then its fundamentally wrong.

WADA already receive independent data from the UCI and other bodies. It shouldn't come directly from a team. That’s bordering on a donation.

In any case Sky are not serious about it. It’s just PR talk. No chance they said data to WADA.

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site
Snafu352 said:
Evidence suggesting he is doping is different from evidence that he is doping. Most posts here take the latter stance. I can agree with the first but not the second.
There is speculation based on assumptions that is being presented as fact and used as evidence of doping.
In response to claims of times the same as known dopers somebody asked if the circumstances were the same for both rides, a deafening silence has greeted that question.
There are undoubtably questions to be asked and it appears that to an extent they are being asked more then in the armstrong era. It is interesting to note however that David Walsh is now being questioned / doubted as it appears he is not delviering the verdict at present that the clinic appear to want.
Maybe he will in time.

Could it be, given he is arguably the greatest journalistic arbiter on doping in cycling there has been that his inaction on or lack of questioning about Froome indicating his confidence that he is clean will be indeed proved correct over time?

darwin553 said:
You spoke in your explanation of the use of the word "we" about you speaking for the participants in it -

Why am I lending myself to this view and how are you speaking for me?

Ok, this has been a huge waste of time but let me rephrase it in a way that will hopefully quell your concerns about the use of "we":

"Repeated above in this thread, for the benefit of all those reading and participating in the thread, are a multitude of observations regarding Froome and Sky which point to the likelihood that Froome is doped; but for whatever reason you simply disregard or dismiss such observations."

Snafu352 said:
So you are a bull****ter / troll then, fine. As long as i know who i am dealing with.

Not sure what the dying in doubt bit is about? :confused:

As i've said many times i don't know who is doping and who is not.

From the above comment of yours it is clear that you, along with me and all the other nobodies here, don't know either.

Nope, not a troll dear. What I meant was that your insecurity comes full fore.

As for the rest, I live in Italy. Nuff said.

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site
thehog said:
WADA already receive independent data from the UCI and other bodies. It shouldn't come directly from a team. That’s bordering on a donation.

Why would it be a donation if WADA are simply being asked to carry out their job by assessing Sky's data for instances of possible doping? Would it be better if the handing over of the data were UCI sanctioned?

May 7, 2009
Visit site
Snafu352 said:
....It seems to me that many of the clinics populance are still feeling **** hurt by their belief in armstrong and now want to be the first to attack rather than get hurt again. :D

most members of the clinic were smart enough to not believe in Armstrong in the first place..

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site
Red Lobster said:
Ok, this has been a huge waste of time but let me rephrase it in a way that will hopefully quell your concerns about the use of "we":

"Repeated above in this thread, for the benefit of all those reading and participating in the thread, are a multitude of observations regarding Froome and Sky which point to the likelihood that Froome is doped; but for whatever reason you simply disregard or dismiss such observations."

Why didn't you just say that in the first place?

'This thread has complied loads of evidence into Froome etc' rather than used the word 'we have' as that denotes the thread having a specific purpose in mind which is to gather evidence and that you have authority to speak on behalf of the whole thread.

To the current crew of members insulting and personally attacking one another over the last few pages–here's your warning. It's not allowed. Please don't continue. I won't be offering more warnings to you.

If your post refers to other poster, that's a hint that you've lost the plot and are off-topic, and likely personally attacking the other poster. If you can't argue the facts you don't have an argument.

We can do better. Thanks.