• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Froome Talk Only

Page 290 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Wallace and Gromit said:
The predictions were out by 3 minutes, or nearly 8%. This proves that the posters making the predictions are either clueless, wind-up-merchants or so lost in their dislike of Froome that they've lost all objectivity.

That must make life easier. Why bother with objective data when you've already made your mind up?
Froome has 3 mega suspcious performances at this Tour and a yellow jersey.

He did nothing today. He still has 3 mega suspicious performances at the Tour and a yellow jersey.

If he does nothing tomorrow he still has 3 mega suspicious performances at the Tour and probably a yellow jersey.

If he does nothing on Saturday he still has 3 mega suspicious performances at the Tour and probably a yellow jersey.

Do bad performances change what he has already done in this Tour?

No they do not.

Oct 21, 2012
twitter.com
Not to mention the Dawg actually attacked a couple of times early doors into the climb. Had he saved that energy, he could have rolled in on the same time as Quintana.

May 12, 2010
Visit site
Jahudor said:
I agree with you on Porte. He clearly had to wait for Froome and could have gone a lot faster. Froome however is an even more remarkable case, because he hasn't shown the same potential as Porte did early in his career.
They don't differ that much, Porte did his first top-10 in a GT at age 25, Froome at 26.

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
the sceptic said:
Where is your prediction that Froomestrong would do 41 minutes today?

It was in one of the Sky/Froome/Climbing speeds are lower now threads from months ago.

I predicted 48 minutes for the first ascent and 41-42 for the leaders for the second ascent.

May 27, 2012
Visit site
Juan Speeder said:
He's saying that there're 20 pages predicting a record ascent of Ad'H by Froome, and it didn't happen.

It was pretty clear to me.

Yea, knowing the fact that Froome is a tactical moron, we should have expected he'd bonk because he didn't feed properly. Bad on us.

Oct 21, 2012
twitter.com
39? But from memory they hardly pulled back the break... that must mean Riblon and Tejay did a 39 climb as well (give or take), which I can't believe.

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
whittashau said:
Are you kidding me? You did just watch the stage, right? He could be doped up on every drug known to man, riding his hardest, and yet that stage would be exactly the same because clearly his issue was food related. We'll never know how fast he could, or would have attempted today.

lol @ thinking this issue was food related. you've obviously never been on a bike. a hungerlfat you lose many minutes, not just 1 minute over 5 km. he simply rode in the red way too long trying to follow quintana's counter after purito and he blew. in complete panick mode he screams for food in his radio, which didn't help

Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
thehog said:
They did 39 for the first accent. Sky that is :eek:

First ascent was only 12.3k long, 1.5k shorter than the second. Riders were less fatigued when they rode it and the pace was quiet mediocre because the distance to the break didn't change that much.

May 27, 2012
Visit site
Wallace and Gromit said:
The predictions were out by 3 minutes, or nearly 8%. This proves that the posters making the predictions are either clueless, wind-up-merchants or so lost in their dislike of Froome that they've lost all objectivity.

That must make life easier. Why bother with objective data when you've already made your mind up?

Yea, it's the people questioning him that have lost perspective...doped-up cycling is so far in the past, and Tour winners are so trustworthy, and climbing mountains in times equal to known dopers is nothing suspicious...bunch of losers are going to lose perspective because losing thing is what losers do...Only righteous dudes like you know how to read the landscape...BTW where are you from again?

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Alphabet said:
39? But from memory they hardly pulled back the break... that must mean Riblon and Tejay did a 39 climb as well (give or take), which I can't believe.

riblin started with 8 minutes and fiinioshed with 2 minutes on quintana :rolleyes: