• The Cycling News forum is still looking to add volunteer moderators with. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Froome Talk Only

Page 305 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jul 10, 2013
Visit site
darwin553 said:
So it is a cut and dry thing that all riders have to have potential for GT success from the get go but can't develop it over a year or two in their professional career?

No. It's as simple as that.

Anyone who has taken part in a local cycling competition will tell you how difficult it is to move up the ranks, even for the genetically gifted.

Have you any idea how many years it took Miguel Indurain to go from winning local races to winning the TdF?

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
The_Juan said:
No. It's as simple as that.

Anyone who has taken part in a local cycling competition will tell you how difficult it is to move up the ranks, even for the genetically gifted.

Have you any idea how many years it took Miguel Indurain to go from winning local races to winning the TdF?

A more interesting question is how many years after the introduction of EPO to the pelton was it before Mig did the Giro Tour double.

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
How did he get from A to B?

Answer: Bilharzia. Bilharzia is the answer to all questions.

Some people might say that Leinders arrival in late 2010, Froome's huge jump in performance in 2011 thru to today, his ability to dominate both climbs and TTs and equal/beat the ascent times of rampant blood dopers without suffering dips in form indicates doping. But they are wrong, it was all down to his having Bilharzia :rolleyes:

If he was doping then it would all have shown up long ago on his blood passport wouldn't it? Even tho his blood passport must be all over the shop. Why: Bilharzia, a disease that can be eradicated in a single day in most cases but which has taken 30 months and counting for Froome to shake off.

Bilharzia is the smoking gun. It is like Lance's cancer except it conveniently allows Froome to sidestep any blood passport irregularities.

I wonder what checks the UCI have done into this disease or whether Froome must prove that he still has it every year and whether that can be verified?

Jul 12, 2013
Visit site
Personally, I have no sympathy for the fans running alongside the riders or throwing s*** at them. I've always thought it would be a good idea to have a motorcycle with a five foot sharpened scythe on either side riding in front of the leaders at the mtf's. Any fan gets in the way and sliiiiiice. Same for fans that run onto the fields. A well placed sniper could end it really quickly and i don't think any one else would try it after that.

I don't mind fan fanatics but most of them in cycling are just trying to get on tv now. Watch them as the camera goes by and you can see most aren't even looking at the riders they're looking at the camera. And, while they may not be inciting "violence" they certainly are at times endangering the riders and themselves. I mean there have been a few deaths at the races over the last few years.

Raiko200 said:
Personally, I have no sympathy for the fans running alongside the riders or throwing s*** at them.

There's been one incident this year because of something that rider did/didn't do depending on your viewpoint. That's not an excuse to put barriers up on all roads everywhere. If you like that, then get thee to a velodrome.

I do not like the barriers on the climbs. I understand why they are there. The riding through fans and the risks that represent is part of the show.

Jul 12, 2013
Visit site
DirtyWorks said:
The riding through fans and the risks that represent is part of the show.

I suppose. But, someone throwing urine at a rider? Or, punching them in the kidney? Granted these may be somewhat isolated incidents but given the polarized nature of society these days I expect them to go up in number and severity over time.

Oct 21, 2012
twitter.com
It's back! :D

Having read that Tyler article, it's disappointing, but can we blame somebody for wanting to believe?

"There's no reason to believe they're doping."

Is a world different from "I know they're 100% clean because I spent 3 weeks in a bus with them". Don't equate him with a total sell out like Walsh. Hamilton is simply stating his opinion, while Walsh is trying to convince the whole world that Sky are clean.